Print

Author Topic: Exciting GameCube news (MUST READ)!  (Read 7064 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2002, 12:06:36 AM »
I'm not really, but I certainly don't want Nintendo to go out of business.
And besides, playing GBA games on a bigger screen would ROCK!

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2002, 11:44:43 AM »
I don't think the idea is for Nintendo to sell more GameCubes.  I read somewhere that the Consoles (GC, xbox, and psII) cost the companies between $100 and $200 more than they make off of selling them.  So, Nintendo is probably losing money on the GameCubes, but hopes to make up for it by selling more games, in this case specifically Gameboy Advance games to people like me who want to play the original games like Super Mario Bros. I, II, III, etc. again on a big screen, but may not want a handheld.  Probably people who may get Gameboy Advance games to play on the GC will decide to get a GBA and vice versa.  Remember that Nintendo is virtually the only company to make a handheld.  I also think that Nintendo would plan to make money off of the adapter to play GBA games on the GC.  It's all about the money anyway.  Especially now that the Yen is getting stronger verses the US dollar and Nintendo is losing even more $$$$$.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2002, 01:25:21 PM »
I feel sorry for Nintendo. It is there own fault though. Sure there are lots of people who love Nintendo and there are some really wierd people who are loyal to it. Yet now in this age a great number of gamers are moving towards the violent games. Nintendo dug thier own grave by being family freindly only for so many years. They tried to get a wider audience with their survival horror titles alas it is not enough. I dont think Nintendo will ever be as great as it ounce was. Remember before you say  "Nintendo will never go out of bussiness" that thousands of SEGA fans said that once.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2002, 11:33:21 PM »
Nintendo will NEVER go out of business.
Thank you, that is all.
No, actually, Sony loses money, not Nintendo. They waited long enough on research to know how to make it efficiently and WITHOUT losing money.
What, Luigison, you don't have an NES anymore?
And also, Ooze, you are wrong. More people are not moving towards "violent games" as you put them. Also, Nintendo does not develop survival horror games. Capcom and that other company do. Have you seen... maybe... Metroid Prime? Or some other games that appeal to a wider audience? I'm sick of you saying how "Nintendo is gonna die" and all this junk. People know and trust Nintendo to deliver great games. So be quiet for once.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2002, 08:39:53 AM »
I think that there are only two big game titles keeping the PS2 alive. Those being the GTA series and the WWE Smackdown games. But that's just me.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2002, 12:02:50 PM »
Chupperson Weird, I am completely on oyur side with this. Nintendo will never quit the console market because they are completely dedicated to it. Unlike SEGA, Nintendo knows how to admit their faults, and they have made corrections to them. Look at how superior the GameCube is compared to the N64, and it's recieving twice as much support too!

Also, Nintendo is the only video game company that is constantly setting the standard for innovative technology with their consoles. Sony and Microsoft are just trying to copy on Nintendo's success - yes Sony has surpassed the success of Nintendo...but Sony is still simply a novice to the video game world - Nintendo has over 25 years experiece with video game entertainment!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2002, 09:38:52 PM »
I agree that Nintendo's got experience and fan loyalty on their side. They've been around forever and are synonnymous with video games; how many people do you know who say "Nintendo games" in reference to any video game? Mario's one of the most recognised characters in the world. They may not completely own the market, but Nintendo's still got it pretty good if you ask me. I resent Microsoft for barging into the gaming market, throwing some money around and suddenly being a contender. What, like Bill Gates doesn't own enough of the world already? (Don't flame me, I know Gates has nothing to do with it...)

Well, I see one major benefit for being able to play your Gameboy games on the 'Cube: less money spent on batteries. It's not enough to make me want to run out and buy a GBA, but hey, it's something....

So THAT's why I saw that 180 commercial for Gamecube...!

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2002, 11:38:38 PM »
Yeah, my dad used to use "Nintendo" to mean video game consoles in general. He was like, "So, now we have 'Nintendo'". It was funny.
But that crack David Dayton made about Starfox Adventures in the latest Mailbag really made me mad... considering it's the BEST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED... Hmm... how to put him down a notch... hmm...
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2002, 09:02:12 PM »
In response to the first post, COOL!

I'm the New Guy! (Signed up DEc. 07, 2002)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2002, 10:53:53 PM »
CW,

No, I don't have an NES anymore.  As I stated in another post ALL of my Nintendo stuff was stolen a few years ago.  So, instead of buying an NES, SNES, and N64, I bought a N64 and a Tristar64 to play the games for all three systems through the N64.

I am looking forwared to the GameCube / GameBoyAdvance add on.  I could buy an old NES to replay SMB, but I would rather get the GC add on and play my SMB Deluxe game on my big screen.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2002, 11:02:09 PM »
I see. That's too bad.
But how did it get stolen? Out of your house? Or what? Just curious...

What you own is your own kingdom, what you do is your own glory.
What you love is your own power, what you live is your own story...
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2002, 11:11:59 PM »
I was in the middle of a move.  I was not going to allow the movers to move my expensive electronic (TV, Sound system, Nintendo, Fender, Camera, etc.)  So, I moved them a couple of days early.  The 35mm camera & acc. and all my nintendo stuff were the only things stolen.  

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2002, 12:33:52 AM »
Man. Bummer.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2002, 02:08:19 AM »
God that sucks! I used to have a Super Game Boy but I made the mistake of lending it to a guy I knew. The next day I went to get it back (my dad made me) his house was empty he had moved. IF I EVER FIND HIM I'LL LOCK HIM IN A SMALL SPACE WITH CHUCK!!!!!! Anyway when is this thing coming out? Im really looking forward to playing good GBA titles on the big screen.

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2002, 06:40:18 AM »
Tristar64? Where can I get one of those things?

Print