Print

Author Topic: Microsoft Propaganda  (Read 2159 times)

« on: January 12, 2003, 03:38:19 PM »
I have a really good friend, and he owns an X-Box and thinks it is the best console ever. Period. And he keeps talkin' about how Nintendo is last in the console race. But isn't it 2nd behind Sony ? Anyway, he says that Mario is goin' to X-Box in 2005 for 1 year. Bought by them. I never believe this because Nintendo's too smart for that. But, where would someone think this up ?

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 03:43:38 PM »
Ok, this is the second time this has been posted in about a day. To see my thought, read the other post on this topic. I can't remember the name, all I remember is the word rumor spelled "rumar".

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 12:00:57 AM »
Some idiot on the Internet probably said that somewhere.
And Gooch, tell your "friend" about how Xbox is getting CRUSHED everywhere, especially in Japan.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 06:30:37 AM »
Xbox is the most pathetic attempt by a company to cash in on the video game industry! Nintendo and Sony can easily crush Microsoft's big blunder (in a way, the already have)!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 08:40:54 AM »
Nintendo is second overall in worldwide sales. They have reported to be having decent success with their GameCube, mainly due to the releases of Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, and StarFox Adventures. Not-surprisingly, the Game Boy Advance has been selling like crazy, mainly due to the updated Super NES ports and the recent release of two new Pokemon games in Japan. In a way, Nintendo OWNS the handheld market.

Sony is still number one...nothing can really change that. The PlayStation franchise has truly changed the video game industry, constantly enhancing the innovative ways we play video games. Amazingly, the PlayStation franchise has outsold all of it's competitors for over 7 years now. Sony is the definitive CHAMPION in consle gaming, that will never change.

Xbox is still trailing behind, the main reason for this is due to the poor success of the system in Japan and Europe. Japan HATES the Xbox, and basically everything else related with it...including Microsoft. TMK and just about every other Nintendo site feels the same way! Microsoft is trying too hard to sway the public's interest away from the PlayStation 2 hype. Their strategies are simply not working, even their Xbox Live online gaming service has failed to make much of an impact. As I keep saying in my anti-Xbox posts, Microsoft should just accept defeat and drop out of the video game industry before they are HUMILIATED by better-competitors Sony and Nintendo.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 1/13/2003 10:40:16 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 10:17:14 PM »
You were saying... Nintendo owns the handheld market? Well yes, theirs is the only handheld presently being made with any sort of audience. And, Nintendo's the only company to make both consoles and handhelds, as Satoru Iwata pointed out.
But I wouldn't say that it is definite that Sony will stay on top forever.. or at least the forseeable future... they could suddenly just stop selling well, like Dreamcast. I'm sure you've noticed, almost every third-party game on PS2 is also on GCN. And franchises that Sony used to have dominion over are on all three systems now... plus GBA...

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/13/2003 8:19:48 PM
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 11:02:08 PM »
In an e-mail I sent to Nintendo back in October I said, "Nintendo rules! Nintendo will always rule! Microsoft and Sony have already lost! Go Nintendo!"

Have both Sony and Microsoft lost? No. But if Nintendo and its fans have that kind of hope, Nintendo will prevail. It would probably be best to base this hope on Nintendo's strengths rather than on competitors' weaknesses, though.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Print