Print

Author Topic: Unbelievable news...er rumors.  (Read 2121 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: December 17, 2002, 06:34:11 AM »
I found this article at Nintendo.com:

New Reports on a Capcom Buyout?
CBS Marke****ch has reported that video game industry analysts have high speculation on a possible buyout of Capcom Co. by Nintendo.

"Nintendo has to do something to beef up its software," said analyst Shawn Milne of SoundView Technology.

According to Marke****ch's sources, analysts say that Nintendo is expected to make a major announcement on Tuesday. Spokesmen for both Nintendo and Capcom declined to comment. (als)

Source: CBS Marke****ch
---------------------------------------------
It seems only logical for Nintendo to buy out Capcom, since they have recently announced the exclusive support of the GameCube with their 5 planned games. If this buyout is true, then Nintendo will have a huge advantage over their competitors... since Capcom is one of the most respected software developers in the video game business!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 12/17/2002 11:22:29 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 10:03:43 PM »
Cool, now maybe MegaMan will be an exclusive Nintendo franchis like Mario and Zelda.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 11:24:56 PM »
As it was until 1995... or whenever the evil Sony came on the scene.
That would be sweet. Then they might even be able to put Mega Man in Smash Bros.!

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/17/2002 9:25:46 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 03:32:26 PM »
Let the wrath fall from the skies upon the PS2 and the Xbox!
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 12:45:39 AM »
You can tell I've been playing too much Chrono Trigger when I say Lavos attacks with his "destruction rains from the sky" or something, echoing your post.

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 08:03:12 PM »
I think I prefer Mega Man as a side scrolling plateform game.  Making Mega Man and other Capcom games GameCube only games seems like a very smart move on Nintendo's part.

CW:  My Crono Trigger crapped out on me and my brother loaned his and never got it back.  Since I am getting an SNES do you know where I can find CT.  My local FuncoLand, GameSpot, and Software Etc. don't have it and prices at ebay are outrageous.  That's probably because most people including myself think it and FF7 are the coolest RGPs ever.  Although, I would like to see a Shadowgate type video game.  I miss the D&D role playing days.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 12:59:11 AM »
Hmm... dang. There are a few stores around my area (OK/AR/MO/KS... chain stores that have shops in Tulsa) that might have it for cheaper, but then I don't know where you're located.
You could get it from Vimm's Lair (http://www.vimm.net), but that's still $40. (Hey, it's better than $79.99.)
Other than that, I really don't know.
But, um, how did your CT mess up? Because a good cleaning can do wonders for old cartridges...

I just hope they make a classic Mega Man game for GCN. That would be so cool. I still gotta import Rockman&Forte for my GBA...
That was a joke.

Print