Print

Author Topic: If you could kill a character from the...  (Read 21109 times)

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2003, 03:09:17 PM »
Dang, you write A LOT! That just wasted like, 10 minutes of my life, but whatever. Anyways I'm sorry, you really do have a point so lets end this.

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2003, 03:18:14 PM »
Anyway, I forgot to say this but, over 10% of your post, Steve, I really didn't understand, too many words I don't know.
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2003, 03:54:01 PM »
No offense taken. You earned a good deal of respect from me by reading that entire long post (I mean, it would be easy to say "It's long. Why should I read it?") and acknowledging that.

About those words... Errrr, here's a list of some words you might not have known... (If you DO know these, I apologize.)

Dubious - Doubtful
Inferior - Not as good as
Overshadowed - Made to look worse than or to not be noticed by someone else.
Pertain - to relate to, or show a relation to something.
Deem - To consider
Viable - Considerable or workable.
Veracity - Truthfulness
Revolt - To disgust or sicken
Morbid - sickening
Gouge - To poke out
Tyrade - A long insulting speech aimed to make someone else look bad.
Inhibition - That feeling that prevents you from doing things you think are wrong.
Status Quo - Things that are normal. The standard, of sorts. (The opposite of status quo is change, if that helps)

If there is anything else, ask me, ok?

I have nothing against you or anyone here (Well, anyone except Marioguy.). Trust me.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2003, 09:49:33 PM »
Hmm... I've just been observing this for a while... I see what you mean, Steve, but I don't really see how you came to those conclusions about Mario and Green Yoshi.
That was a joke.

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2003, 06:59:51 PM »
First let's start off with the guy that called me an idiot. I'm not stupid, just ignorant. I do not own SMS, that's why I do not know something that everyone else seems to.
 To the one who looks into too many things, Mario does a lot of work. he deserves what he gets. also, luigi doesn't go on many adventures with mario because he doesn't want to. mario is naturally more adventurous than luigi.

And yoshi is from yoshi's island. all the yoshi's from there, have no special powers. only the ones from star road, have special abilities.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2003, 08:39:11 PM »
Were you referring to me? Because I was just saying that this is an idiotic topic. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2003, 09:29:33 PM »
Ooooo, time to defend my views! (It won't be as long as the last one. Don't worry.)

"To the one who looks into too many things, Mario does a lot of work. he deserves what he gets."

Well, yes... I guess he DOES do a lot of work. Let's give credit to others where it is due here though. I mean, Mario gets ALL the credit. Let's not forget all those that helped him in his adventures, now.

"also, luigi doesn't go on many adventures with mario because he doesn't want to. mario is naturally more adventurous than luigi."

Once again, I'd agree. But... didn't Luigi START just as adventurous as Mario? Then, they messed with the character. Made him less daring. And you know what? Luigi didn't deserve it. Ah well. This equivlant of this in real life is the people that get tormented by their peers to the point where they become really introverted. I can almost say I am one of those. And I'm really perturbed about it, to put it in an appropriate term.

"And yoshi is from yoshi's island. all the yoshi's from there, have no special powers. only the ones from star road, have special abilities."

Well, this one is by far the easiest of your points to defend. 2 things.

1: If the Yoshies from the Star Road are special, and have special powers, then that would make them BETTER. they deserve more popularity then they get.

2: If none of the other Yoshies are special, then that would make them EQUAL. But, why does the Green Yoshi, EQUAL to all the others, get so much more popularity?

Still, you bring up some valid points. That gains some respect from me.

~I.S.~

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2003, 11:59:39 PM »
I agree with anybody here who thinks peach should get killed (even though i kinda find this topic a bit odd but it's fun anywho) she's virtually useless in many ways and the only times she is usefull is in multiplayer games ex: mario party, mario kart. the list goes on. Hey don't dis yoshi. Without the yost'er there would be no mario. Don't believe me? play yoshi's island. He saved mario from the evil menance and also rescued luigi. Note: i'm new to this board my name is F-15 Yoshi and it's a pleasure to meet you all after havinga rough time at starworld pro boards O_o . If you havent noticed i'm a very serious yoshi fan yoshi is the ultamite race. Sorry got carried away over there O_o; I like this board allready! peoples thoughts actually get respected ;)

Edited by - F-15Yoshi on 1/21/2003 10:02:32 PM
The Sound of douglas dc turbofan f-15 jets, to some freedom, to others.. Fear...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2003, 12:42:44 AM »
Welcome to the board! The place where anything, and yet nothing, can happen!

Hey Steve, I understand your views about this matter now... but still, it's a cartoon, and has no basis in reality, let's remember...

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/21/2003 10:44:17 PM
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2003, 12:55:24 AM »
<!>
Whoa, F-15 Yohsi!  I didn't expect to find you posting here!  Welcome to the boards!

So... as for your point of "without Yoshi there'd be no Mario," while this may or may not hold true, (it's impossible to judge exact results of a single change of events) there is of course the idea of heroes not being born for a specific purpose, but rather arising when the need is there.  I know that you haven't yet said anything along the lines of "without Yoshi, Bowser would've conquered the Mushroom Kingdom" for that reason, but IF that IS what you're getting at... had Mario not been in the picture, someone else could have appeared to oppose Bowser.  It's all in the neccessity.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here, F-15 Yoshi.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2003, 06:45:45 PM »
Hey Fifth! O didnt expect you ethier. You can probably guess why i came here also. It's good to find someone i allready know over here. Graedius also signed up here but he hasnt posted yet. Sorry if i'm kinda changing the topic here people. I really like this place better than other boards so far.
The Sound of douglas dc turbofan f-15 jets, to some freedom, to others.. Fear...

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2003, 06:46:18 PM »
Hey Fifth! O didnt expect you ethier. You can probably guess why i came here also. It's good to find someone i allready know over here. Graedius also signed up here but he hasnt posted yet. Sorry if i'm kinda changing the topic here people. I really like this place better than other boards so far. there seems to take awhile getting here today. Must be the servers acting up O_o .

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2003, 06:46:18 PM »
Welcome. Anyways:

Looks like I've turned an "idiotic" post into a somewhat provoking one.

Anyways, ... "Play Yoshi's Island". That happens to be my favorite of the Platform Mario games. If you look at some of my posts here... you'll know...

Anyways, let's examine Yoshi's Island. The Green Yoshi, who is EQUAL to the others, gets 13 levels in YI, and 19 in SMA3! None of the other colors gets more than 6! Once again, more levels = more respect. Of course, I bet this was because the Green Yoshi was most popular to begin with. I personally think they should put the neglected colors as the Extra or Secret levels. [sarcasm]Hey, that requires them to make new sprites, It would take too long.[/sarcasm]

And I really don't hate the characters, I hate what they represent! I don't know how many times I've said this!

Peach? Ya, she's annoying. I mean, Yoshi is far better than her in MK64! Without her, who would Mario save though?

On that point.... seeing as how dense Boswer is sometimes, he is almost always successful in kidnapping Peach. What DOES this tell you about Peach? *Rolls eyes*

~I.S.~

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2003, 07:00:12 PM »
Steve, the only word I knew in the list of words I may not know was rovolting(pardon if I spelled it wrong), where do you get these words anyway? Do you look in the dictionary a lot or something? Anyways welcome F-15 Yoshi, I'm sorta new too.

L is real 2041!

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2003, 07:05:52 PM »
oh crap sorry everybody, somehow my post posted twice because i stoped the page from loading and modified it a bit >.< ugh

Print