Print

Author Topic: Let's talk about... you!  (Read 10086 times)

« on: May 06, 2003, 07:40:42 PM »
I want to know more about you, the real you.This is how this works. Somebody will think of a topic such as, where do you live, how old are you, whats your real name, what kind of car do you drive, ect...
First topic:
Your Bio- name(you can use just your first name if ya like), age, where you live
I'll start
My real name is Daniel. I am 19 years old, and I live in Morrow county, Ohio(A.K.A. Hickville USA, where you're judged by the tractor you drive, and the size of your cowboy hat)
if you are uncomfortable giving out info, we can just change the topic.

Spill the blood of the innocent!!! Then clean it before it makes a mess!
Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »
As for me? OK:
Real name: Thomas (I'm not afraid to give out my first name because it is a --very-- common name)
Middle Name: I ain't tellin'
Last Name: I ain't tellin'
Home: The first small town with some farms that is now growing into a city, Eagle, Idaho

I wonder how many people would reply to this? I bet not a lot because I believe a lot of people are uncomfertible about gining out there info.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 08:29:59 PM »
Well, I've mentioned this stuff at various times thru-out different topics.
Name: Julia
I live in NC (moved here 2 years ago August from Cali.) Lived in Cali 9 years. Born in Wash. DC and lived in Maryland 'til age 6.

I have a 14-year-old brother (aka the thing that lives in our house) and a golden retriever. (Love her so much! ^_^)

Need I say more?

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 12:28:24 PM »
Hey, I'm bored, so here's a way to find out a lot about everybody, including yourself! The Ultimate Personality Test!! Woooo!! (It's at www.thespark.com, although I think emode.com does a better job on the other tests excluding personality.)

Here's me!

EXPERIMENTER
(Dominant Introverted Abstract Thinker)

You are an EXPERIMENTER (DIAT). Although you're slightly shy (admit it!), you love control. When a problem comes in your way, you stomp on it swiftly and decisively. You are bothered easily by failure in others and failure in yourself. You don't like people that you don't think are intelligent. Rather than arguing with them, however, you would just as soon ignore them altogether.

In relationships, you have a strong heart. And because you're introverted, people take you as someone they can trust. But the fact is that in addition to solving problems, you like to create them. So there's a decent chance that you'll cheat on a loved one. If you do, you'll likely get away with it.

You're a good person at heart, but then again, who isn't?

(Yep. Definitely me, except for the "cheating" thing. Although I AM good at getting away with things--without lying...)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 12:57:19 PM »
I took the test and this is me!
HEALER
(Submissive Extrovert Concrete Feeler )

Like just 9% of the population you are a HEALER (SECF)-- caring, good with people, and patient. You are completely selfless and full of love. As a concrete feeler, you do well with your emotions, which are very strong. You understand and appreciate *why* you feel the way you do, and for the most part you're at peace with yourself.

Suffering in the world really p***** you off.

In relationships, it's easy for you to get hurt. Avoid all kinds of dominant (D***) people, *especially* in dating or marriage. You are a motherly figure, even if you're a guy. If you're a girl, make sure you're a mom some day. The world's children need people like you. If you're a guy, don't even think about it. Most pedophiles are HEALERS.

On the rare occasions when you try to assert yourself, you're cute and awkward, but highly effective.

I'm such a sweet person (^_^)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 01:03:46 PM »
Heheh...You're my opposite in every one of the 4 characteristics. Which I think complements each other. What *I* have to watch out for is a DOMINANT extroverted ABSTRACT feeler. --In which 2 of 'em contradict. Unfortunately, the DEAF is my brother. (Performer, I think).

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/7/2003 2:37:48 PM

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2003, 09:28:44 PM »
I did the test on emode.com. Here's what I got, exactly as it said:

Thomas, you're a Critic!

Your personality is actually determined by two personality sub-types - your primary, or dominant sub-type, and your secondary sub-type. You are a Critic which means you are a Thinker / Success. Your primary sub-type is defined by "Thinker" characteristics and your secondary sub-type is defined by "Success" characteristics.

That means you're complex, thoughtful and never content to skate on the surface. Chances are you veer towards being so analytical and introspective that even positive qualities can seem like faults. The truth is that you have a very perceptive, gentle spirit.

How do we know all this? How do we know that you hate chaos at work and prefer a structured environment? Or that sometimes you feel undervalued by your boss? How could we have divined that there's a part deep inside you that's aching to make more money?

Because while you were taking the test, you answered four different types of questions — questions that measured confidence, apprehension, willingness to take risks, and your focus on experience versus appearance — the primary traits that determine your personality. Based on your responses, we determined your personality type, Critic.

And that's just scratching the surface.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2003, 10:41:30 PM »
According to emode.com I am smartest when it comes to visual/spatial intelligence.

Others may take their environments for granted but not you. Because of your visual/spatial intelligence you really see the world around you. This strength often helps you better appreciate the beauty and detail in everyday things. From shapes in nature to the structure of a fine automobile, a countless variety of things hold your interest.

Having this particular kind of heightened awareness can allow you to form accurate mental images of existing places and objects. In extreme cases, one might call this strength a photographic memory. Being visually/spatially intelligent also means that you likely have a vivid imagination that can be put to use in a variety of creative or professional endeavors.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/7/2003 9:42:18 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2003, 11:03:57 PM »
The personality test I was referring to was on thespark.com. But on emode.com, I'm a critic, the same as gamemaster79. :)
My learning intelligence is visual/spatial, just like Luigison's. Heheh...I have a lot in common with you guys! ;)

Let's see... My *Career* Personality is...

ISFP (*Feeling*, huh? That's ironic.)
Introvert Sensing Feeling Perceiving

That means that based on the standard measure of personality traits, you are well-balanced and place equal importance on work as on your personal life. You are dedicated to maintaining a level of culture in your life and therefore won't sacrifice interesting work for high pay.

With your high energy and chameleon-like adaptabilities, you seek work that is fast-paced and ever-changing. Working directly with people, especially in a capacity that benefits them, provides you with that outlet.

You prefer to live in the moment and appreciate what life and work offer now. The future is unknowable and does not draw you in like the present. Part of your easy-going outlook towards the future has to do with knowing that you can adapt to whatever comes your way.

The reason employers and recruiters might be on the lookout for you is that only about 5% of the U.S. population shares the unique characteristics of your personality type. Research shows that businesses succeed when employers create a good balance of personality types in the office. And since only 5% of the U.S. population shares your type, that means employers are looking for you.

Now, at TheSpark...

Friendship test...
Joyous trumpets and champagne supernovas! You are 70% rock-solid friend!
The Three Musketeers. The Three Amigos. The Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse? you belong, dude, you belong! Some people put their neck on the line for their friends; you put your [butt] on the line. And by the way, nice [butt]. People know they can count on you in a crunch, in a jam, and in other food metaphors describing times of desperation. You give the gift of hope, but more importantly, you give the gift of kidney. Your rewards in life will be great, or at least better than other people's. To quote a fortune cookie: "You are soon have a fortunate experiences."

Other tests...
86% woman
93% pure

Wow. TMI. I can tell I'm bored. :)

--------------------

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 01:01:59 PM »
I took the friendship test and my results said the same thing except I had a 79%. They were right, I do have a nice butt.
Anyhoo, let's change topics, since only about 3 people come here on a regular basis.
What was the last movie you watched that you really enjoyed:
The last movie I saw was "X2". Being a X-Men fan all my life, I completely enjoyed the sequel to one of my all time favorite movies. I just wish that Colossus, the guy who could cover his body with organic steel(so cool^_^), would have been in more of the movie. I also liked the fact that they let Logan show his aggresive side more than the first movie, where he spent most of his fight scenes being a mutant punching bag. anyway, here's the new topic. Write away right away.
HEY! I got my state income tax check, 54 dollars and 00 cents! I'm in the money, I'm in the money.^_^ ^_^ ^_^!
uhhh... sorry I got carried away.

Edited by - Bluto on 5/8/2003 12:05:52 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2003, 12:06:09 AM »
Here's mine.

DREAMER
(Submissive Introvert Abstract Feeler )

Like just 11% of the population you are a DREAMER (SIAF)--reserved and imaginative. You are basically the shy, silent type. You don't have much interest in facts and figures or most of what's going on around you, but the internal worlds you build for yourself are rich and complex.

Luckily, your creativity and strong heart mean you have a deep personality evident to anyone who gets to know you. It's just that not many people do, because most everyone thinks you're a loser. Talk to yourself less, other people more, little shaver.

And the X-Men rock. I need to see X2.
I'm waiting for Fantastic Four.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2003, 11:05:43 AM »
Heheh...More of my results are in the Mario Bar. *Warning* May be creepy, freaky and TMI.

--------------------

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2003, 05:26:02 PM »
Well so far acording to the tests at THESpark.com Im:
3% gay (ya right in my book your either 100% oneway or the other)(BTW Im on the high side of those odds  :) )
81% best friend
Im a accountant personallity wise, and
81% mutant (wow didnt see that one coming)
And now for the strangest of all Im:
86% Woman!!!!! Now I never knew that. I mean being a guy and all thats just weird

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/16/2003 6:19:20 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 01:51:27 PM »
I'm 26% gay, 64% pure, 20% best friendly, 17% ***y :(, 65% insane, an accountant, 48% pickupable, and my inner child is a Diva of the Sewers.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #1

Mean Greg: I hear one of your songs is on KaZaA.
Dan: And I hear you''re fat! Why don''t you eat some more pudding, you fatty?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 04:04:23 PM »
 I'm not a fan of these tests, but whatever.

I'm a Man, 75% Pure, 21% "Gay," I'm 12% ***y, 40% pickup-able, and my inner child is *Ahem* Little Filthy Old Pervert. I don't know why, honestly.

Yeah, I hate these tests.

Print