Print

Author Topic: Nintendo is here to stay, Microsoft is here to stay...  (Read 2305 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: December 06, 2002, 01:43:47 PM »
All those rumors about Microsoft dropping out of the console businness are just that: RUMORS.

Allow me to explain:
Even though the Xbox is failing everywhere outside the US, that doesn't mean Microsoft is going to quit anytime soon. Microsoft has been completely dedicated to the development of their Xbox, they even invested over $500 million (yes I said MILLION) for the Xbox.

Microsoft has repeatedly said that they are in this for the long haul. Now that the company has suffered from the millions of dollars they lost this year, I doubt they will keep that promise for much longer. Developers have found that the Nintendo GameCube provides a much better investment, simply because it is succeeding in other countries just like the dominating PS2.

Microsoft hasn't brought any good 3rd-party development support for their system recently. 3rd-party companies are noticing that the system is indeed failing and are not going to risk developing for it because of this reason. That is why the GameCube and PS2 are doing so well, because more developers are supporting those systems!

As you may know, most of the dead consoles (Sega consoles: Dreamcast, Saturn, 32X, etc.) in the history of video games resulted because of poor developer support and lack of sales in foriegn countries. The Xbox is currently experiencing these same problems - a lack of exclusive 3rd-party support and poor sales in foreign countries. Does this mean that Microsoft is giving up?

No. Microsoft is still going to continue investing in the Xbox, even though it is a poor decision on their part. There is really no chance for the Xbox to survive, unless Microsoft can convince foreign gamers that the system is worth buying. They are desperately trying to drop the price by offering special "game bundles" but these are just costing the company even more money.

Many people have wondered if Microsoft would eventually end up buying out some major 3rd-party company (like they did with Rare). Sega and Capcom have been mentioned, yes those would certainly bring more support for the Xbox overseas, but Microsoft hasn't mentioned anything regarding a future buyout...

For now, let's just (happily) accept the failure of the Xbox. Microsoft tried to conquer the video game market with a promise of astounding developer support and a huge library of great games. But all we've gotten from Microsoft is a bunch of disappointments and poor sales figures...

Better luck next time Microsoft... HA HA! GameCube rules all!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 10:43:09 PM »
Now all that's left is convincing North America not to buy the Xbox. A lot of Xbox supporters say that it's the superior system not just because of technological ability, but because you can burn games. That means that you can rent a game, burn it, and have your new game for much less than you'd spend to buy it. Xbox supporters like the system mainly because it's easy to rip off! I think the biggest factor in the Xbox's doom is the lack of consumer loyalty. Nintendo has been around for longer than many of its fans have been alive, whereas Microsoft is trying too hard to be too popular too fast without anything to back it up. Anybody else feel mild guilt for playing Nintendo games as ROMs, never mind burning copies (if it were possible)...?

And to think, I chewed out a Nintendo-playing friend of mine today for daring to say that Xbox is the better system....At least she only thinks so for the rip-off factor.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 11:21:42 PM »
HAH! I thought they would be smarter than to put their games on simple standard DVDs!
Hmm, I just thought of something:

In A.D. 2001
War was beginning.
Nintendo: What happen ?
Xbox: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Nintendo: We give signal.
Xbox: What !
Xbox flunkie: Main screen turn on.
Nintendo: It's You !!
Xbox: How are you gentlemen !!
Nintendo: All your base are belong to us.
Nintendo: You are on the way to destruction.
Xbox: What you say !!
Nintendo: You have no chance to survive make your time.
Nintendo Fans: HA HA HA HA ....
Xbox: Take off every 'Xbox' !!
Xbox: We think we know what we doing.
Nintendo: Smash 'Xbox'.
Nintendo: For great justice.

What you own is your own kingdom, what you do is your own glory.
What you love is your own power, what you live is your own story...
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2002, 12:16:01 PM »
X-Box sucks because they ARE trying to hard.  They invested half a billion dollars into it, and spent all their crap money on bundles, and making games that people can just burn? I think that they will fail really quickly, because they have the lowest factors of sale.  PS2 is doing the best because it has over 600 games and has been around longer.  All though, I do not like PS2 that much, I am impressed by their sales.  And now, we see games on TV that are for NGC and PS2.  It's almost as if they're together in the sales.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 03:31:09 PM »
Xbox is failing because they go for all the extra features like DVDs and music, but the system is in the video game business. Their "revolutionary" games and Xbox live are just fast attempts to try and recover. But who cares about such a great engine or graphics if it's not a good game?
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2002, 10:44:01 PM »
Yes, and what's really laughable is how Xbox doesn't even HAVE very good graphics. (Compared with GCN, that is. But PS2 has even worse graphics...)

What you own is your own kingdom, what you do is your own glory.
What you love is your own power, what you live is your own story...
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 03:27:51 PM »
Sorry for my presence, I am merely bumping all the relevant topics above these annoying pictures (Half of which don't work).

Don't mind me.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 10:43:21 PM »
GHr
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 09:46:48 PM »
If Microsoft stays in the video game buisness, they gonna lose a helluva lot of money

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Print