Print

Author Topic: Ever wanted to make a Mario game?  (Read 28865 times)

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2003, 12:40:39 PM »
So you've already started that game... um... did we ever decide who all of the playable characters/plot would be?

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2003, 01:14:16 PM »
Hey! I forgot all about that! :)

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2003, 01:53:43 PM »
New idea:

Why not make a comic where we take on the identity of different Nintendo characters by using a special device we create?  That would be cool!  We beam our minds and souls into different characters, and then we start messing around.  But then we find out that in another dimension, we (in the other dimension) take on the roles of the bad guys because we're evil in that dimension.  But we end up in the same videogameverse and we fight to the finish.  But that's not it.  Since most people in the negaverse are evil, and we just opened a portal between the two, we have to either close the portal (which in the comic can't be done) or destroy the negaverse (which we end up doing).  Pretty cool, huh?  (Dibs on Megaman!)

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2003, 03:34:18 PM »
Or we could just start making the comic and make it up as we go?  Geez, is anybody here today?

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2003, 04:01:27 PM »
I've been here. I was wondering the same thing, myself. Meanwhile I've been working on Mario's sprites. I'm actually almost done with him (Yay!)  Unfortunately, I have to get off now. My bro's kicking me off. :(

I say we stick to the original game plan. We'll think of something. That idea of yours can be another one we do AFTER this one.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2003, 05:19:48 PM »
I thought we were gonna take the plot I thought up and make the best out of it...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2003, 05:20:38 PM »
I know, this was a different idea.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2003, 06:49:03 PM »
Yay! I *finally* finished Mario!! I'll send you guys the sprites. ;)

What other characters are we gonna have? I was gonna do Yoshi next, but then who? Daisy? Oh yeah, or Toad? (forgot about him.)
 :P

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/8/2003 5:55:36 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2003, 06:56:58 PM »
*YAWN* If this thing actually involved coding I could be of some help, but since you're using one of those nifty game-maker utils, I don't know much I could do for the game. I always steal sprites, sounds, and music for any of my games, and maybe modify them a little, but that's all. Intermediate HTML and Javascript ability too, but that's it.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2003, 07:45:34 PM »
 Sapphira, although I'm not on the staff, if it doesn't put you out, would you consider sending me your sprites as well? I wish to see them. ^^;

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2003, 07:52:22 PM »
Sure, I guess I can. :)
Although having to email them to everyone is starting to get annoying. I don't mind, though.
What I *WANT* is for Yoshi6 to give us the password so we can put them up on our site. Then I can simply just link the pictures here for everyone to see. Yoshi6 said he was waiting 'til he got a new email account 'cuz there's this guy who always hacks into his email and undoubtably would discover the password and ruin our site.

Oh well, I can wait. In the meantime I'll send you the sprites via email. :)

--------------------

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2003, 08:05:21 PM »
Sapphira, you and some other people have a website? Can you post it so I can check it out?
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2003, 08:11:42 PM »
See page 2 of this thread. It was inspired by this idea here.  Also see the topic "Gamer's Haven Inc." in General Chat.

--------------------

« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2003, 09:26:33 PM »
I'll see everyone tommorow.  I gotta get some sleep.  Cya then!

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2003, 09:38:33 PM »
Well, I still havent got ALL of those essays done...so tomorrow I will not be here..Im putting all my effort into those so that theyre done tomario, er tomorrow...I will check My email though..if you would Sapphira email me if something big happens...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Print