Print

Author Topic: Ever wanted to make a Mario game?  (Read 28668 times)

« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2003, 09:25:42 AM »
Okay, how's this for an idea...

As you all know,the Ztar (how do you pronounce that?) Road grants bad people their evil wishes. This is kept in balance by the Star road, which grants people their god wishes. If one of the roads was destroyed, the world could be dramatically altered, which is bad. Now Bowser, learning about the Ztar road from some of his koopa spies, decides the world would be a whole lot better if Mario never went down the Warp Pipe in 1983, so he plans on sealing up the warp pipe so Mario never came.Some of thecronies decide to knock the stars off Star Road, one by one. (Bowser doesn't have good logic.) Boswer shoots down the first Star with his koopa laser beam. The other stars, however, are angry at Bowser, and send his flying backward toward the horizon. Now Mario, who is having yet another Party, suddenly gets beamed on the head with a shooting star from Star road. This Star turns out to be... GENO! Because the Ztar road senses that the Star Road is off balance, the Ztars decide to finish Bowser's plan, and destroy Star road, because they're evil. Then, a dissheveled- looking Bowser arrives at Peach's Castle and tells Mario and company about the whole story. Geno, who has currently taken the from of a cake,(he can't find the Geno doll) forgives Bowser, but Bowser must come along with Geno and help fix Star road. Mario decides he should come along too, in case Bowser does anything stupid. Mario's friends all run home to get their... um...adventuring clothes... but then, suddenly, a Ztar road monster comes at them. Mario takes care of this, and Geno informs Mario and Bowser that the monster is from Ztar road, and it appeared beause the Ztar road is now going to try to fight the Star road, and the Ztar road is probably trying to get rid of Mario and company before they save Star road. Mario, Bowser, and Geno (now a doll agin) leave right awaybuteventually, Peah, Luigi, Yoshi, Mallow, Toad, and Donkey Kong join up with Mario to save Star road. By the way, Wario learns that he can be rich if he destroys the Star Road, so he, Waluigi, and some of Bowser's underlings are Mario's enemies, along with the Ztar road monsters. Eventually, Mario and crew get back to Star road and defeat the Ztar road Ztar sprits, and peace in the Mushroom Kingdom is restored.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2003, 09:36:42 AM »
That sound pretty cool to me. ;)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2003, 12:05:14 PM »
Sounds hard to me.  I have an idea of how it's gonna happen:

Bowser finds out about the Ztar Road.
The Ztar Road had been destroyed, and it's 7 pieces scattered across the Mushroom World, well guared.
Bowser decides to put the Ztar road back together by collecting the 7 pieces.
The Ztar Road grants the wishes of evil people.
Mario finds out about Bowser's plan and decides to try and stop him by getting to the Ztar Pieces first and hiding them before Bowser can find them.
Mario can only recover 3 of the 7 Ztar pieces.
Mario meets up with Bowser, knowing he has the 4 other pieces somewhere on his person.
Unfourtunatly, the 7 pieces are too close to each other, so they pull themselves to each other, causing them to reform Ztar Road.
Bowser hops in his Clown Copter and goes up to Ztar Road.
He makes the wish that Mario would be completely powerless and that he could rule Mushroom Kingdom.
Geno comes down to the former "Super" Mario and tells him of the 7 Star Warriors who defeated the Ztar Road long ago.  Geno also tells him of the great powerful items they left behind when they left:  The Star Hammer, the Quazar Mail; the Shining Staff, the Pulsar Leggings; the Moon Glove, the Solar Mail; the Nova Gun, the Planetary Cape; the Light of Day (a magic ring), the Golden Dress; the Moonlight (also a magic ring), the Magical Dress; the Pegasus wings, and the Titan's helmet.  That's all for now.  I gotta go.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2003, 12:35:35 PM »
Groovy. That sounds pretty cool, too. So who are the heroes gonna be?
So far we've got Mario, Luigi and Peach, then Yoshi.
I'm assuming Geno, Daisy, Toad and...Mallow, perhaps?

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2003, 12:38:15 PM »
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Geno, Mallow, and Yoshi

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2003, 12:38:42 PM »
Yep, thats who I had...Although I had DK instead of Toad...I think DK needs to be in an RPG..but thats just me...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2003, 12:39:11 PM »
No DK.

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2003, 12:40:48 PM »
*pouts and attemts to reproduce Sapphira's puppy dog look*

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2003, 12:59:08 PM »
Aww... Poor Marionut... Although I don't think you can out-do my classic puppy-dog look.  ...My dog definitely beats me, though, well, with her *being* one and all... ;) Lousy, lovable, cute little moocher...

Anyway, I don't think DK's ready to star in a Mario adventure. He'd make a good NPC, though. What about Toad? Doesn't he deserve to star in another game? If he's not a hero, at LEAST can he be a tag-along at different points, kinda like Kolorado was in PM?

BTW, staffers, check your emails. :)

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/9/2003 12:04:41 PM

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2003, 03:01:27 PM »
Sooo... Which plot should we use? My plot could probably be made simpler easily, if it seems too hard. Also, when can we start designing moves for characters and level/area design?

« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2003, 03:06:41 PM »
By the way, do we HAVE to have Daisy as one of the heroes? I mean, she's been in only one real Mario game so far, and she wasn't even a playable character.

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2003, 03:09:52 PM »
No we dont.  Why don't me make our own new character in her place?

« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2003, 03:11:48 PM »
Aw comeon...If Peach is in it we got to have Daisy...she proves to be a very powerful asset...well in the roll I designed for her

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »
How about a reformed Ztar spirit who wants to get revenge on the Ztars for kicking him out of Ztar Road?

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2003, 03:14:46 PM »
No Daisy.  TTB, we need to get a definate storyline if we're going to make areas/maps, but if you guys want to make some moves then be my guest.

Print