Print

Author Topic: GameCube sales poor? What's going on?  (Read 3532 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: September 06, 2003, 04:48:54 PM »
Why is it that all the media publications are reporting that companies are abandoning support for the GameCube due to poor sales? Last I heard, Xbox had the worst sales of all, and GameCube was beating it.
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON? Is our beloved little Nintendo GameCube failing?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 07:41:43 PM »
What "media publications" are you reading, bub?
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 10:29:34 AM »
Bad strategy, thats why!

I think (In my opinion) it is doing well compared to Xbox.

When the heck is mario 128 coming out.

AAAHHH! I have been waiting for this game for ages!

"It's the end of the road Galvatron!" Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 11:22:48 AM »
About MArio 128... All we know is that it is a game. They are being secretive because the other competitors mught take the idea. You must be patient. (Although I'm not when it comes to games. :P)

About the game sale.... well, they shouldn't be bad. I have a URL where you can get a very detailed editorial about why the GCN is better. Just type in Gameube vs. X-Box as a search and it should be near the top. The editorial should've been written by Pretendo, just so you know that's the right one. GCN sales shouldn't be going down. I hope Shigeru makes Mario128 very good to boosts the sales.

Funny Things to do With Your Microwave

Get a toothpick and stick into a piece of cork. Light the tip on fire, place in the microwave, and rev it up. Vertical fireballs should ride from the toothpick up to the top of the microwave. LD, you have an E-Z Bake Oven, but it won''t work with that I don''t think
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 11:50:57 AM »
I just Read that last week, both GCN and GBA SP beat PS2 in sales, probably because of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Tales of Symphonia, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronocles.

P.S. Trainman, is that vertical fireball in the microwave trick real?

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 01:33:39 PM »
What the heck is a Mario128? Isnt that something on Super Smash Bros Melee in an event match?

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 02:50:20 PM »
Its a secret game.  And nintendo beat sony in sales look http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6074679.html

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 04:00:21 PM »
Bi-post

Edited by - Markio on 9/7/2003 3:01:43 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 04:00:43 PM »
Mario 128 is a game being made in secret so it won't be copied by other companies.  There is almost no information about it.

I never lie.  AND I DO NOT HAVE ANGER PROBLEMS!  And I''m never sad*sniff*.  And I''m perfectly *cough* healthy.  I never lie.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 06:36:13 PM »
Xbox and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
My new sig.

Edited by - NiNtEnDoFrEaK on 9/7/2003 5:42:53 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 03:28:31 PM »
Super Mario Fan Club

Go there, visit the forums, find a forum by "Mace Windu" about Xbox being better than GCN, and insult him as much as possible .

Geez, I've had this sig for so long that I've forgotten about it! Time to change it (and I have both GCN and GBA now).

If there is one Nintendo fan that doesn`t have Nintendo`s newest gaming systems, it`s me.

Edited by - MadMario on 9/10/2003 2:32:10 PM

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 03:24:01 PM »
In response to MadMario's sig:
...and me, I don't have a GameCube yet. Though I DO have a GBA-SP (which is MUCH better than I originally thought).

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 9/12/2003 2:24:36 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 10:35:48 PM »
...Considering it's just the same as a GBA.
Do not attempt an argument with me, Mario Maniac. I've played them. I know of what I speak.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2003, 04:16:43 PM »
Hey Chupp, I never wanted to start an arguement with you. I was simply stating an opinion, so don't get angry with me for something I didn't even do!

GBA-SP is better than the original Game Boy Advance for these obvious reasons:
- It has a rechargeable battery, which lasts considerably longer than normal AA batteries.
- It features a fully lit screen, which lets you play in areas that don't recieve much light.
- The folding screen makes the system very compact and small, and it protects the screen from scratches and smears!

DO NOT argue my point Chupperson Weird, I'm not in the mood today.

==================================================

~Please don't be mad at me, but your = sign bar is stretching the screen. ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 9/13/2003 3:31:48 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 09:09:15 PM »
Don't jump to conclusions.
I was simply saying not to try and negate my point.
I was not trying to argue with you, as I would hope you could see from my previous post.
But, I feel I must now say: More gimmicks don't make it better.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/13/2003 8:10:25 PM
That was a joke.

Print