Print

Author Topic: But on and on the Eggman went......  (Read 7407 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2003, 05:34:03 PM »
No but I have heard it was good before. Is it nonfiction, fantasy, sci-fi or what?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2003, 06:43:59 PM »
Science fiction.  They monitor kids when they're born, and if they're a genius, they send them into Battle school in space to train to fight against an Alien race and blah blah blah...

Fruit...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2003, 10:39:15 PM »
I wrote a long reply here with correct spelling, grammer, and even HTML, but lost it due to a network crash.  So this time I am just going to spit it out.  Mods feel free to edit as you see fit. [Editor's Note: Uh, okay.]

I read the short story that Card based his Ender's Game on, but only the first few chapters of the novel.  I put it down while reading another novel.  I have a bad habit of reading 2 or 3 novels at a time.

If you like Ender's Game you will probably also like Hienlien's work, as well as Charles Sheffield's The Billion Dollar Boy and Higher Education.

I am currently ready Shefield's Godspeed while rereading The Time Ships by Stephan Baxter. The Time Ships is based on H. G. Wells's The Time Machine, but with up-to-date twists based on modern quantum physics. It is over 500 pages long.

I wrote a lot more before, but that is all I remember now...

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 9/9/2003 11:15:20 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2003, 02:23:54 PM »
I reserved A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy from the library. I hope it's good...

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 04:20:44 PM »
Oh it is...it is. Make sure to read all five...and short story...and, uh, er, unfinished book thing.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

TEM

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2003, 06:04:45 PM »
An Excellent but very long book is The Stand by Stephen King. At first it may just seem like another "deadly virus on the loose that threatens to kill the entire country" book but stick with it, it turns out in a way you would never expect.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2003, 08:26:48 PM »
It may be an excellent book, but all of King's stuff runs together for me.  He even said that he had stopped writing because he found that he was rehashing his old ideas in his new books.  Still, he was/is a good writer.  Misory is still one of my alltime favorite books/movies.  Remember the Simpsons episode where Stephen King told Marge he would get back to her if/when he started writing horror again.

That was a good episode.  Remember when some stupid director made a terrible movie out of Asimov's excellent short story Nightfall.

.. um.  sorry.  wrong thread.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2003, 05:25:17 PM »
Wrong subject indeed. Don't bring the the filth of the filmmaking world in here and tainting the purity of literature!

TEM

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 06:18:18 PM »
I'm resurrecting this son of a gun with vengeance.

I intend on reading the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and "Ender's Game".
A book that is what I believe a tad overrated is 1984, it is good but the ending is below par.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2003, 09:20:05 AM »
I like dogs.

Is this the North Pole? I''m looking for Santa.

Edited by - GiftedGirl on 12/24/2003 7:24:10 AM
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

TEM

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2003, 12:18:55 PM »
Try to keep your spam in other topics

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2004, 02:05:42 PM »
The Right Man: The Surprise Presidency of George Bush. It provides an unbiased look at the first year of Bush's presidency, and shows what they were thinking on the inside.

-------

Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2004, 02:10:44 PM »
definately any book in the Peirs Anthony series...some think its weird but i think its funny

So whats the big deal? Death comes with a territory! I''ll see you at Disney Land!

Print