Print

Author Topic: Should Sonic be in the next SSB?  (Read 3007 times)

« on: September 15, 2003, 09:38:55 PM »
Maybe it would have Sonic,Amy,Tails,Knuckles and Eggman.And like the Mario clones,it would have Manic (like Mario and his bro)and Super Sonic.

I was watching X-play but I had to go to work!I started crying.My head fell off.I kicked my head off a cliff.Then I jumped off the ledge of the escolator in the mall!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 09:42:36 PM »
No, he shouldn't. SSB has Nintendo characters. Last time I checked, he belonged to Sega.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 09:45:10 PM »
Yeah Chupperson is right. Sonic is a Sega character, so he couldn't be in it. Look what happened when I suggested Bomberman and Banjo-Kazooie! I got swarmed by like 5 people yleling at me telling me that they were dumb characters and that they're Rare characters.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 09:46:28 PM »
Bomberman belongs to Hudson, not Rare.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 09:55:47 PM »
Ok I've came up with a few moves.

Sonic
B-Spin Attack
Smash B-Kick you until you're enemy's dizzy then,a big kick that sends you to the other side of the ring!
B UP-A kick that sends you straight in the air
B DOWN-Like Kirby,he crawls in a bundle and hit you....HARD!!!

More to come!

I was watching X-play but I had to go to work!I started crying.My head fell off.I kicked my head off a cliff.Then I jumped off the ledge of the escolator in the mall!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 09:57:10 PM »
Anyway I think it would be cool.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 02:37:11 PM »
Hmmmmm. I seem to remember a topic similar to this one. O yeah I did this exact same topic about 3 weeks ago.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 02:59:32 PM »
I don't think they should be in it, but maybe if they had a Nintendo vs. Sega theme Smash Bros. game. I don't think they would really fit in among the characters, otherwise.

Edited by - Darth Danno on 9/18/2003 5:23:13 PM
Edited by - Darth Danno at T/H/X 11:38:4 EB

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 09:37:52 PM »
 how about a game called Mario VS Sonic where you play as mario or sonic characters sorta like a mixed Smash bros. and Marvel vs Capcom Like 3 on 3 with a special partner not neccasirly(sp?) from mario or sonic universe to help you sometimes
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 07:11:50 PM »
Sonic can't be in a Super Smash Bros. Those are Nintendo. However, I do think they should make a Mario vs. Sonic game like a guy suggested.

stupidmonkey, do you know anything about Sonic? Sonic doesn't kick!
B: Flaming summersault
B-right/left: light dash (like Fox's Fox Illiusion)
B-up: light dash, but going upwards-diagnal (like Mario's up-B)
B-down: Spin Dash (hold for stronger)

I''m the 79th gamemaster!

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2003, 09:35:58 PM »
If yer makin' an SSB character, why not include their aspects and ALL the moves instead of just the specials? Seems a lot more logical to me............

Example: The Announcer

Description: This dude is actually the guy who annouces the match starts, times, winners, and whatnot in SSB-SSBM. Armed with a mic on a 5' stand used to inflict most of his damage(you know, one of those stands you see at your school).

Speed: Quick
Power: Medium
Damage: Low
Jump: Double, medium height

A: Mic jab
Rapid A: Mic spin
Forward+A: Mic swing
Up+A: Upward punch
Down+A: Low mic jab
Smash Forward+A: Hard mic swing
Smash Up+A: Upward mic spin
Smash Down+A: Low mic sweep
Dash A: Slide
Air A: Kick
Air Forward+A: Mic pole thrust
Air Backward+A: Back mic pole thrust
Air Up+A: Upward mic pole thrust
Air Down+A: Downward mic pole thrust
Z: Stage cane grab
Grab A: Rapid kick
Grab Forward+A: Fling enemy
Grab Back+A: Throw + backward pole thrust
Grab Up+A: Super-sonic shout to throw enemy upward
Grab Down+A: Slam + super-sonic shout down at enemy
B: Sound wave projectile
Forward+B: News report causing enemies to fall asleep
Up+B: Mic helicopter spin
Down+B: Sound wave directed into ground, works like DK's ground slapping
R: Shield
Forward+R: Dodging slide
Down+R: Crowd pleasing sidestep
Air R: Simple air dodge
D-pad: Movie-quoted taunts

Winning poses: Macho-man pose and pop-diva pose, except the character win annoucement is "This time the winner is..........what a surprise, ME!".

Just an example, not a very good character per se, just something that popped into my head around now.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 9/19/2003 8:38:22 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2003, 11:27:27 AM »
Sonic Rules But . . .

Wait a min! I saw pics of "F-Zero" for the cube and there are textures for your vericles e.g one has mario and one has sonic?

I REALLY want Sonic to be in a Smash Bros or maybe even Doube Dash would be cool as a secret character?

"It's the end of the road Galvatron!" Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2003, 11:34:33 AM »
SSB is Nintedo characters, so unless Nintendo ended up buying the rights to Sonic from Sega, it wouldn't happen. But it would NEVER happen in MKDD. Last time I checked, Sonic had NOTHING AT ALL TO DO with the Mario series.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print