Print

Author Topic: Video Games are Fun but...  (Read 4216 times)

« on: September 27, 2003, 11:18:22 AM »
You shouldn't spend all your time playing them.

Some people I've talked to do nothing but sit in their house and play games.  I can't stand it.  If it's sunny, i go outside, or I usually go outside anyway.

Then again I don't have much time for video games anymore, with homework, sports, and my social life.  I mean, I am a hockey-lover, I play on the volleyball and basketball teams, I am a member of badminton club, and soccer's around the corner in the spring.  On weekdays I spend after school doing homework, and from 6 - 10 at night it's sports.  So no time for vgs there, and on weekends, I'm usually out with all my friends at the beach or walking around till midnight and doing fun stuff.  The only time I play video games is really early in the morning and late at night (if I have time)  but I can't stand thinking about spending a hot summer day on the tv playing games, rather spent swimming or sumething.

So does anyone else live for sports and not vgs?

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 11:21:11 AM »
I'm ussually bussy doing other stuff so i mostly have to play GBA.

News Flash!: You suck!
------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 01:00:20 PM »
College killed all of my console gaming, and most of my PC gaming, but I will get it back.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 03:40:42 PM »
I don't play my GameCube as much as I use to anymore because I beat all my games and I won't play hard until I get a new one. Now I spend all my time here. I don't have a swimming pool, my friends are FAR away from where I live, sports interferes with homework, I can't go to the beach because I'm too far from a beach to walk, and I'm too young to drive a car there. My entire family is at work when I have free time. So, whether I like it or not, I'm trapped in the house playing video games or being in the Fungi Forums. I live for video games and for the Internet, but if I had the chance, I would spend time outside.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".

Edited by - nintendofreak on 9/27/2003 2:52:42 PM
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 10:46:51 PM »
What a weird topic.
I like Tennis and Basketball, but I play more video games than sports because I don't get the opportunity to play sports too much.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 11:58:39 PM »
I belive I explained the earlier post in another one of his topics about spending time outside instead of video games.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2003, 09:26:45 AM »
LD, are you in college?

By the way, I know what you mean, Todd. If it's a nice day, I usually like to go out for a walk at a nature center about half-an-hour from my house. There's a 150 year old graveyard in it, too. Spoo-kay! I think I'm one of the only people who can find it these days.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2003, 10:06:34 PM »
Yes, LD is in college.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 06:14:13 PM »
Todd Begin, why are you lecturing (or telling us wat to do) us about playing videogames? On a videogame website!?! I used to be CRAZY about videogames (when I was 5-6, anyways) people said all I do is play videogames! Why does it matter what people like to do? They love to play v-games! So what! I'm just saying, you shouldn't cause a big conflict over some stupid thing like this! So what if the only thing people do is play v-games all day! Starting a topic like this would be just like starting a topic called "Sports are fun, but...", Todd Begin! So what I'm trying to say is WHO CARES! Oh, and, why shouldn't we spend all our time playing them? Huh?

I''m the 79th gamemaster!

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 9/29/2003 5:16:20 PM

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 09:32:03 PM »
Ya, gamemaster is right! I've actually been playing more games so what!

News Flash: I''m desperate for a News Flash!
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 09:35:40 PM »
Yeah, Todd Begin, your'e breaking one of the rules!  "Don't voice your opinion." ;P

I love being a turtle!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2003, 10:07:07 PM »
Ahem. Todd, you have some nerve coming to a Mario website, and lecturing a bunch of Video Game freaks about playing them too much. I've been playing Video games since I was 2, and I've probably played one at least once almost evry day in my life, (And that's not an exageration) but I still pursue other acts of recreation. I play video games A LOT, but I still play Golf and Tennis too! Making a topic like this is just like slitting your arm and jumping into a shark-infested tank with your arm bleeding. Bad idea.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2003, 10:10:26 PM »
"but I still play Golf and Tennis too!"

Golf...and Tennis? Hehehehehe *snort*

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2003, 10:51:51 PM »
Hey Meowrio, Markio, and various others, you are still newbies and therefore do not know that Todd has been coming here a lot longer than you guys.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 02:22:20 PM »
True 'dat.

Print