Print

Author Topic: Played Mario & Zelda on Phillips CD-I?  (Read 2016 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: October 04, 2003, 07:38:54 PM »
I have heard that the games on the Phillips CD-I were terrible, but it seems that nearly no one has ever really played them.  If you have please tell us about them in detail.  I am also wondering if Nintendo will include them in there supposed Mario and Zelda collections for the GameCube.

Edited by - Luigison on 10/4/2003 6:39:56 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 08:41:29 AM »
I have played 2 of the 3 Zelda games. And yes, they were terrible. There was 1 Mario game and 3 Zelda game. The 3 Zelda games were Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and the elusive, Zelda's Adventure. The Mario game was called Hotel Mario. I know details on all games, though. Link and Zelda were platformer games, kind of similar to Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. They had very sloppy graphics, really terrible animated cut-scenes and crappy gameplay. I never played Zelda's Adventure or Hotel Mario, but I have seen sceenshots. I heard Zelda's Adventure was better, but not by much. Unlike the two last one, it had the top view, like on the NES, SNES and GB Zelda games. Instead of animated cut-scenes, it had live action cut-scenes. I have seen pictures, and, for an exception of the cut-scenes, they did not look all that good. Hotel Mario kinda looked like Crazy Castle. You know, with the whole running from enemy, going to higher parts of the level to escape, ect. Also, just like the Zelda games, it also had cut-scenes. They kinda looked like the cartoons. I'm still not sure why Nintendo let Phillip's create Nintendo games for the ill-fated CD-i (which was not even a real games system), but it was there biggest mistake, besides the Virtual Boy and letting Bandai make games for there Satalite View System.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 10/5/2003 7:43:49 AM
Professional Paisano here

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 10:14:28 AM »
Thanks.  I think Nintendo's biggest mistake was working on the CD-ROM for the SNES with Sony because Sony took the information and made the Playstation which is now Nintendo's biggest rival in the US.

I have also seen screenshots of a weird Mario game that looked more like a prequel to Super Mario World.  I don't know what system it was on.  I will upload the pics later.

Do you think any of these game will make it onto any possibly forthcomming GameCube collections?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 01:03:54 PM »
I never played any of those franchise games for the CD-i, but my friend had one and I played a cool mini-golf game and another game where it did "magic tricks." I think that one was lame.

And I highly doubt that those "games" will ever be released again ever.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 05:10:00 PM »
Well Luigison, the game you're talking about might be an unreleased game for the CD-i called Mario's Wacky Worlds. It was never released but said to be sort of a sequel to Super Mario World.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print