Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's next console...  (Read 6262 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2003, 11:24:11 AM »
Hahahaha...! Anyway, do you think Nintendo will incorporate a hard drive of some type into their next console? Sony has announced plans for adding a hard drive in their PlayStation 3...I think.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2003, 09:51:55 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hard drives in game consoles are a bad idea!!1!!!11!1!1

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2003, 06:30:55 AM »
Why are hard drives a bad idea? You can store practically unlimited game data in them. They're much more efficient than traditional memory cards...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 2/20/2003 4:31:19 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2003, 01:21:49 AM »
Because they're less cool, and because Xbox and Sony are doing them!

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2003, 10:56:58 AM »
Okay Chupperson, use LOGICAL explanations...no nonesense the next time you reply!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 12:18:04 AM »
Really, I just don't see a practical use for them.

That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2004, 05:14:45 PM »
Hard drives have many practical uses chupperson. You can save game data without having to buy a memory card. If the system pemits it, you can copy music to your hard drive. You save money on buying costly memory cards. And you won't have to worry about losing that small memory card.

There may come a time when the strength of Nintendo fails. But that is not this day. This day, we fight! Nintendo is in dire need of help. We have to do something. They cannot win this war alone.
There may come a time when the strength of Nintendo fails. But that is not this day. This day, we fight! Nintendo is in dire need of help. We have to do something. They cannot win this war alone.

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
Although the Nexus was a fake, it wasn't a bad idea actually. The specs were impressive. It had an 8 gig hard drive. 2 gig Hucards. backward playable with GameCube. A GB/GBA slot. 3 high-speed ports, which present different possibilities for it. 2 USB ports add to the possibilities. The wireless controllers, if executed right, could be awesome. They'd just have to make sure it had a decent battery life, a good range, not too pricey, plenty of channels, and a built in rumble feature. (No thank you, Wavebird, I'd rather stay with a cord than give up the rumble feature.) The only problem with it is there was no mention of an Ethernet port for online gaming, and they never said it played DVDs. The DVDs isn't a total loss, but the online gaming is.And don't think the high-speed ports are for that. The GameCube had one, and it was for the Game Boy Player.

n/a

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2004, 05:27:42 PM »
The year changed while I wasn't looking...
Why would you respond to something that was posted a year ago!?

Edited by - Deezer on 1/20/2004 5:12:44 PM

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2004, 08:42:20 PM »
What's it matter if it's a year old or ten seconds old?

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 11:24:03 PM »
Well, think of it like this, The PS2, and the X-box both have things that come with them like being able to save songs, or play dvds and stuff, well if you think about it, which would you rather buy, a system in which the creators spent the whole time consentrating on the games, or a system that the creators spent more time adding stupid additions to the console like dvd players and such. If Nintendo ever makes one of these on their systems i will be sick! I am glad that Nintendo was the only one of the top 3 that consontraded on only games, not add ons. if they let the next console out sooner, they wouldnt have enough time to work on the new console to get it up to its highest poitential which we all know is far beyond the rest since Nintendo has been in the game making business for much longer than they have. Think about it, if they take their time on this next console, then they will be able to make a top notch totally pure system within hopefully mid 2006, to 2007. sure its  a long time but the GCN will have time to catch up aswell as most of you are saying.

------------------------------

An 1857 pioneer- "Oh you hush! if god made it then it shouldnt hurt me!" *Eats a mushroom* The next day he died of poisoning...
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2004, 11:26:25 PM »
Here's a better reason that I don't think hard drives are good in consoles: Then the data's not portable. You can do cool stuff with memory cards, since they're portable. I guess you could have both, but... why? Hard drives wear out. Flash Memory Cards don't.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2004, 12:00:39 AM »
Chupp, everything wears out. Somethings just wear out at different rates.  Relative to the lifespan of the order in the Universe, flash RAM will decay fairly rapidly.  But, most people think of things wearing out in units smaller than there life span and not compared to the whole universe.

Anyway, I think Nintendo should make there next system available at or before Sony's and/or Microsoft's next system(s).  That way they don't appear to other to be late in the game.  Also, I think they should be backwards compatable with the GCN and GBA if possible.  Not for us, but for the people that don't have either or both now.  It would be an insentive to people who don't have a GCN or GBA to buy the next N system.  And that's what it is all about.  Right?  It's not us loyals N fans that Nintendo should worry about.  We will by its next system not matter what because we love there games.  It is the nonNintendo people that them must win (back).  They need to gain market share over Sony and Microsoft.

I use similiar logic in suggesting that Nintendo might also want to have DVD (or whatever is the standard later) in there next system.  A lot of people bought a PS2 or Xbox because of that feature.  I and most of you think the games are way more important, but think of all the people (college students for example) who are on a fixed buget and want to get the most use out of a system.  I know that DVDs and players are cheap now so this is sort of a nonissue, but imagine if the GCN had had DVD but at the same price.  Would sells have been better?  Would sells have been better if it were also released at the same time as the competing systems?  I think the answer to both questions is yes.  The future may be differnt, but I think Nintendo has learned from it many mistakes (again not with us, but with casual or "mature" gamers) and will outshine it competition on the next go round in part by offering a lot of knew games for a new system that people will want.  That might mean slow sells for a little while and may mean we have to wait longer than we like, but image the impact when the new systems with all the lastest features and lost of cool games hit the market.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 03:43:42 PM »
Very good point Luigison, I have nothing left to say... You took the words out of my mouth!

Print