Print

Author Topic: Who is better: Mario or Luigi? Why?  (Read 2032 times)

« on: May 05, 2004, 07:29:06 PM »
 My personell oppinion is Luigi. There was once a character contest that said (,a long time ago)
1. Luigi
2. Mario
3. Link
It almost gave me a heart attack when they said Luigi was the best character. Then I realized why he was so great. He has a legendary jump. He has the best jump in SSBM, because he can go really far. In the super mario games, whenever Luigi came along, he had a better jump. In SSB he had a powerful jump wich was really high. Mario is more all around.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 08:29:04 PM »
Wrong, Falco and Yoshi are the higest jumpers in Super Smash Bros. Melee

Peach is the longest jumper in it.

Mario and Luigi are equal. I like them the same.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 09:08:11 PM »
Mario and Luigi are the same in reality, but I personally like Mario better. Luigi may have a better jump in the Super Mario games, but because he's suspended in the air longer while jumping, it leaves him more vulnerable to flying enemies near him.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon

Edited by - nintendofreak on 5/5/2004 8:50:52 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 09:45:31 PM »

In SSBM, Luigi is not better than Mario. Here's why:

Comparing B attacks, Luigi's fireball can be used for hitting someone on the other side of a gap in the stage, but not good for hitting someone on the floor below you. For Smash B attacks, Mario's Cape does not do much if you slap someone with it but it's good for reflecting projectiles. Luigi's Smash B attack causes more damage, but has a higher suicide rate. Mario's Up B attack does not need perfect timing to do considerable damage but does not do much damage at full power compared to Luigi's Up B at full power. Luigi's Down B move damages more than Mario's move, but it can only hit once and once the opponent recovers and Luigi's still spinning, it leaves him wide open for an attack. Mario's Down B move does not do as much damage, but it traps the opponent in Mario's fists and throws the opponent in the air unavailable  to counter-attack, meaning Mario can hit the opponent again. For A moves, they are basically the same, but in the A attacks they have that are different, Luigi's are not as convienient for strategy as Mario's, but Luigi makes up for it with a better jump.

And so, the moral of the story is:

In SSBM, Luigi is not better than Mario!

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon

Edited by - nintendofreak on 5/5/2004 8:49:55 PM

Deezer was here.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 09:03:08 PM »
As playable characters (like in SMB2) I like Mario. He doesn't do that running thing in the air that really annoys me.

As characters, I don't think either of them is better than the other. They're both at their absolute coolest when they're together.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:17:16 PM »
I know, I know, Luigi does'nt jump the highest,but he can have a 12.5% chance that he jumps the farthest. I was'nt just talking about SSBM, I was talking about all in average. I was also talking about character.

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 09:26:52 AM »
I think Luigi is better.  Reference:  When Koopa Koot in Paper Mario said, "They should call him air Luigi!"

Plus, he doesn't get as much publicity.

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

Print