Print

Author Topic: Recent Movies  (Read 2814 times)

Markio

• Normal
« on: July 01, 2004, 12:14:10 AM »
Has anyone seen any recent movies that have been in theaters?  I apologize if this topic has been made before, although I doubt it has, at least recently.

Last night, I saw a movie called "Napolean Dynamite".  It was a hilarious movie, although much of it was pointless scenes that had no connection to the plot, or anything, actually.  It was still a hilarious movie, but it seems more of a "rent" movie.

Half an hour ago, I saw Spider Man 2.  IT WAS THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!  Well, it was a great movie of which had many cool scenes which I cannot give away to spoil the surprise because or my darn conscience.  Some scenes were noticably fake, as in "wouldn't have been able to exist or happen in real life" fake, but hey, it's based on a comic book.  Great movie.

Have any of you homo sapiens seen any movies lately?

I can''t think of a signature.  Gimme suggestions.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 12:52:01 AM »
I just got home from the movie theater. I watched Spiderman 2.
I loved it.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 03:00:25 AM »
The Spider-man movie was too angsty.
Spider-man is supposed to make wisecracks
and what happened to web shooters?
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 06:50:47 AM »
Spider-Man 2 was a really good movie. I think the script was well thought-out, even if a few parts got kind of cheesy.
 Also a good movie was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I personally like it much better than the first two movies, because it was darker and a little more mature.
 The Day After Tomorrow was also really good.
 My friend also says that he saw the Garfield movie. He told me that he hated it, even though he really likes the comic strips.

================<[]====[]====[]>================
It''s unintelligible
I just can''t get it through my skull
It''s hard to bargle nawdle zouss ? ? ?
With all these marbles in my mouth.
~ "Weird Al" Yankovic, Smells Like Nirvana

Edited by - Darth Danno on 7/5/2004 8:44:29 AM
Edited by - Darth Danno at T/H/X 11:38:4 EB

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 08:39:41 AM »
Man! Everybodys seen Spider-Man 2 and I haven't. I have to wait until it comes out on DVD. I LOVE Spider-Man! I'm so looking forward to the second one. Anyway, there have been a lot of neat movies comin out lately. Like, Shreck 2 and Garfield the movie (can't wait to get that one), and Scooby-Doo 2.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 07:11:25 PM »
I just came back from seeing Farenheit 9/11. I thought it was really good. Michael Moore really made good points about the Bush Administration. I'd recommend it.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 07:44:40 AM »
Recent movies I've seen:  Shrek 2 and Dodgeball.  Both movies were hilarious, and I would go and see both again.

I could be the lost Mario brother.  Think about it.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 08:39:59 PM »
Hmm... this is the first time, like, ever, that I've disagreed with MMM.

In short, Spider-Man 2 was awesome, nearly flawlessly translating the feel of the comics. Basically the only strange thing is in fact his organic web shooters. (But he had those in the first movie, so nya.) Everything else is like, perfect. I wanna go see it a couple hundred more times. It was  better than the first... Spidey 1 had an air of cheeze about it in some areas, and they've managed to pretty much eliminate that. The story is more interesting, although that's probably due to the fact that it was established in the first movie...

Anyway, people, go see it. Yeah.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 08:45:17 PM »
If you look closely at the spider webs he makes when they're not animated, I'm pretty sure they're steel wires covered in glue, or plastic.

I can''t think of a signature.  Gimme suggestions.

Edited by - Markio on 7/6/2004 7:45:58 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 09:03:40 PM »
Any cheesiness in either Spider man movie was intentional, I'm sure. You can't have a good superhero movie without some.
Anyway, I thought the script was perfect, and I wouldn't change a word.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 01:11:30 PM »
Ooohh! I just saw an incredible preview of Spider-Man 2 at the begining of a DVD! Mabey some of ya'll have seen it. It's got, like, a big choir singing in the background. This movie looks Wicked Awsome! I love the first one, but this one looks even better. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. I'll finnaly be able to see it and it'll be All Mine!

Spider-Man Rocks!
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Print