Print

Author Topic: New Nintendo DS design  (Read 11711 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2004, 09:45:39 PM »
Actually, what I find more intriguing, is that icon that shows a picture of a Globe... what could that be? Just to be pessimistic, I'll say it's probably just something that scans to find if anyone is within range of your DS, just like when you turn a GBA on, with no game, but with a Wireless Adapter on it.

Dumb story:

My friend Chris and I are at Gamestop, playing demos. We see a poster for DS, that is located behind a stand with some used Gamecube and PS2 games on it.

Chris: Man, they need to move that poster. The DS shouldn't be behind there.
Me: Totally. The DS is more important than used copies of Gamecube and PS2 stuff.

Some random thug is behind us, approaches us.

Guy: Fu#$ DS.

Then he walks away.

Nothing but a Conservippie.

Edited by - Meowrik on 11/6/2004 7:23:31 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2004, 06:23:42 PM »
Say, what is that little square hole next to the headphone jack? I also noticed a similar one on the back of the DS.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2004, 06:47:39 PM »
The square hole in the front is for an external microphone.  The squarish hole in the back is the charger plug like on the GBASP, unless you're referring to something else.

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2004, 05:06:05 PM »
Actually, I'm refering to the square hole next to the stylus storage slot.
And why would anyone need an external microphone? (beside the one that is built in)

You don''t need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Edited by - Rookie on 11/11/2004 3:08:01 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2004, 08:15:48 PM »
That's the hole that allows you to hook a cord, chain, whatever, to it like almost all portable consumer devices have now (including GBA).

Asking why you would you need a microphone is like asking why you would need headphones because speakers are built in.  Have you not at least seen the headphone/microphone combos they make for cellphones?

Print