Print

Author Topic: The Urbz: Sims in the City PS2 vs GCN connectivity  (Read 2266 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: October 23, 2004, 12:55:40 PM »
Does anybody know if there is going to be any differences between the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions of The URBS?

Will The GCN version of The URBZ have any connectivity with either the GBA or DS?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 10:46:09 AM »
Sorry, I just realized that I posted this twice.  Anyway, will any console version of this game have online like the PC Sims games have?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 08:18:40 PM »
I have a problem.

I want to support Nintendo and try to buy most multiplatform games for the GCN, but that has lead to my wife playing The Sims on it to the point I can hardly get any time in on Paper Mario (or other GCN games).

The Urbs: Sims in the City will also be multiplatform.  Should I support Nintendo and give up my GCN time, or get the PS2 version so my wife can play the PS2 while I play the GCN?  (We can play split screen on our big TV, but would have to deside who gets sound.)

(Or get another GCN, but that is out of my price range considering my DS system and game pre-orders.)

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 11:51:10 PM »
Have her play during the day while you sleep and you play at night while she sleeps. Because the other options stink (no sound? Boo!).

Of course, this option stinks, too. Can anyone really game as much as they'd like? I sure can't, what with school and such.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 09:23:27 AM »
We could both have sound, but it would be confusing.  I could have one console's sound play through the TV, and the other on my surround sound.  Also, on the big screen they images would be smaller and slightly thinner.

I think the solution may be to buy The Sims 2 for the PC.

Print