Print

Author Topic: New/Returning Members Post Here!  (Read 792057 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2730 on: September 18, 2012, 01:26:52 AM »
Hey! I remember the last time you came on and greeted us; nice to see you again!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2731 on: September 20, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if I'm pleased or perturbed to still find so many familiar faces (i.e. names) still about the FF. It rather puts strain on my spread-thin Internet presence: map-maker, audio editor, guild-member, translator (not J→E anymore, but now the reverse), jikkyousha a.k.a. LP'er, voice actor, etc. Some of these have ended, some of these have just begun. Nonetheless, I recently remembered why I enjoyed putting about the forums, so I may be popping in again, from time to time.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2732 on: September 20, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
It's certainly great to see you around here again! Hopefully you can make time for us here (and, more hopefully, in IRC).

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2733 on: September 20, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
Indeed. Y'know, I unearthed 20-some megabytes of IRC logs on my external hard drive recently. It was kind of fun to go back and see what I was like in high school, which is to say, hopelessly immature in ways that weren't very obvious to me then. I've learned much since grumpily slinking off when FF policies swung towards passive moderation.

But I've been rather heartless in my interactions since then, worming my way into communities, learning whatever I can, and then sneaking into the next one. In retrospect, I may have drifted away from TMK not because of my personal opinions on moderation and the civility of conversations, but because I had learned everything I thought I would concerning web design. I suppose there was also the small detail that, lacking some the nostalgia of the members who had owned S/NESs, I entered PC gaming with no regrets.

Who knows. I may eventually abandon my Nico Nico Douga subscribers (1/4 of which signed on because of this... thing) when I consider myself satisfactorily fluent in Japanese. But one thing's for certain: I had always missed the relationships I developed at TMK.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2734 on: September 20, 2012, 01:35:22 PM »
Hello, Suffix! :0

Ugh, when I read my old posts on here I think I sound like a preteen girl who was trying desperately to make friends by alternating between randomness, appropriate sassiness, and unusual profoundness.  At least now I sound like a kind of smart, kind of friendly male who initiates Hangman.

TMK: The haven of people in high school and onwards who preferred imaginary plumbers and turtles to the real people around them.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2735 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Heh, I think you're on to something there. Hmm... I need to look up the "what does your voice sound like" or whatever thread and link that one English parody song I did last spring.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2736 on: September 20, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
Suffiiiiiiiiiiix!! Hi! Daps!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2737 on: September 20, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
There'll be some fierce competition for the "Blast From the Past" Award this year.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2738 on: September 20, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
Hiya, Kristoph Suffix.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2739 on: September 20, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »
Kristoph no longer! For the time being, I've switched to my Fallout New Vegas character as drawn per request by somebody on the other side of the Pacific. I might switch to my rakugo performance photograph, since it looks better on a dark background.

« Reply #2740 on: September 20, 2012, 04:09:32 PM »
Thanks, Kimimaru!  See you all again in another 5 years!
lol I have to agree with Suffix and Markio that reflecting on how I sometimes acted on the Fungi Forums in the past is a little embarrassing, but I'm glad that I had a place to hang out where people didn't insult me when I said dumb things.  It's nice to have a positive, E-rated website where everyone can have fun without the other disrespectful junk you see across the internet.  I can't forget the memories of looking for the secret page, counting down till the DS and Wii, Deezer the snowman, Lizard Dude faking his death on April fool's, Chupperson's "blow'd up" song, reading fan fiction and mailbags, "What does your voice sound like?"... *goes on for five minutes longer* Now I'd like to make my own let's plays and my first unfinished one is SMB Lost Levels.  It's a pain to edit the way I did it but it's funny at times so I want to finish it.
On another note, I've also become a big fan of something new.  I won't say what it is but I will say it's something that Turtlekid1 probably likes too.  Yaaaaaaaaaay. :)
(Wow... I'm also a little jealous of Suffix's skills)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:13:04 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2741 on: September 20, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
Please come back to #tmk Suffix! I miss you! Me and Deezer could also probably use your Mad Japaneze Skillz™.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2742 on: September 20, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »
(Wow... I'm also a little jealous of Suffix's skills)
Mind you, Yoshisaurus, that some of the things I've spent a great deal of time on, particularly map making for TF2 and L4D, ended in utter failure. Skills were developed, but there was a distinct lack of talent. Hence, the skills developed are nigh useless to me now. In the case of TF2, I became lost in developing my own little world in the maps, and paid no heed to the common scales and distances that make players comfortable in new maps. So, I definitely learned something, but there was no real talent.

This sort of "jack of all trades, master of none" thing, or trying new trades without dedication to any of them, is the influence of growing up in a small-town, or so I'm told. Still, I must have some degree of talent with LPing, however, as I've been able to entertain a somewhat-foreign audience for two years, now.

I'm sure that if you can find something productive that you enjoy, be it something I've done in the past or not, you can surpass whatever I've tried my hand at. Except for the jikkyou play, perhaps.

Please come back to #tmk Suffix! I miss you! Me and Deezer could also probably use your Mad Japaneze Skillz™. 
俺でよければ、いつでも出来る限り翻訳してやるよ! I'm always up for a linguistic challenge, but resuming IRC activity may be a challenge unto itself.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2743 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:29 AM »
o/
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2744 on: October 02, 2012, 01:27:25 AM »
I don't know how long I'll be back, but for now, I'm back. this board doesn't seem as active as it was when I posted here all the time like 10 years ago.

Print