Print

Author Topic: Super Mario/D&D Conversion.  (Read 6412 times)

« on: January 08, 2005, 07:27:09 PM »
Is anybody in here interested or familiar with Dungeons & Dragons?  I ask because I've recently started work on a D&D conversion based on the Marioverse.  If anybody wants me to post more as it comes along then I would be more than glad to do so.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:57:10 PM »
I came up with some material for a Super Mario pencil & paper RPG a while ago. Didn't have much to do with D&D other than the fact that they are both P&P RPGs. I don't think the D&D rules would work very well for a Super Mario setting... but it would be pretty funny to randomly throw things from the Mario universe into a D&D game. "I cast Magic Missile at Birdo." :p

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 09:12:52 PM »
Well, I mean you can do pretty much anything with the d20 system (which is the system that D&D runs on).  And I didn't really mean that I would mix Mario and D&D so much as I'm making a d20 Mario RPG.  I'm making it so you can play as humans, toads, beans, koopas, and something else I can't remember at the time.  But yeah, you can choose race and class and all that stuff.  I'm eventually hoping I can get to the point where I can see a group of adventurers consisting of a bean knight, a toad bard, and so on and so forth.  ^_^

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 08:40:29 PM »
That's COOL!
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 10:26:58 PM »
lol I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not.  Does this mean that somebody is actually interested?  *gasp* lol

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 10:31:49 PM »
I've played DnD. It was the most embarrassing thing I've ever done.

But Mario DnD sounds like fun. I'd play it at least once.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print