Print

Author Topic: How does Mario get around?  (Read 3165 times)

« on: January 19, 2005, 01:09:31 AM »
At first, you'd think that Mario would just go into a Warp Pipe. But wait! Remember the Koopa Cruiser from M&L? Also, what about the Cape and the Super Leaf? Don't forget Jugem's Cloud, and many that I've probably left out (like FLUDD).

So, how does Mario get from kingdom to kingdom? Why the Koopa Cruiser, and not just the Pipe? There was one right in Stardust Fields, not to mention one right in Beanbean Castle Town.

Also, why doesn't Mario just warp straight to Bowser's Castle? Please reply, I need other people's view on these things!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 10:27:32 AM »
I think MARIO would rather take the scenic root.  If I were him, I would take all of the paths on the beaten SMB3 levels.  The scenery is realy good in SMA4.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll recreate my backyard to look like it.

Fencing, 17th Century!  YOU''RE IT!!
I only watch [adult swim]

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:14:48 PM »
For a second, I thought the other thread was an answer for this one: How does Mario get around?  The Mushroom Airplane.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 08:45:34 AM »
Mario was only in a plane in SMS, and that game stunk!!!

Fencing, 17th Century!  YOU''RE IT!!

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 03:20:40 PM »
You make a valid, necessary point.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 04:45:27 PM »
Let's put it this way: if you had two nations or whatever that bordered each other.  Would it be logical to put a pipe between the two that's just as accessible for people like Mario as well as criminals and whatnot?  I know, I know, it's just a game, but it would seem semi-logical, even in a game...  At least I think it would be...

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 06:40:36 PM »
There are no countries in any mario game.  And MARIO is not just a game, at least you dont think so.

"What was that!?  You let him go right past ya!  Oh, just ninja kick the [darn] rabbit!"~Donatelo

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 08:18:54 PM »
A country, loosely defined, is a political state or nation typically having a ruler.  If Princess Peach rules the Mushroom Kingdom (kingdom def. a politically organized territorial unit having a monarchical form of government), then it can be classified as a country.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 09:51:42 PM »
If you played Mario is Missing!, you learned that Yoshi can run from New York to Rome, Italy, in about 5 seconds. That's all the transportation Mario should need.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 10:05:37 PM »
Oh, and don't forget the Warps in SMB. The Mushroom Aeroplane is also in M&L-- at the end.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print