Print

Author Topic: New Theme Song?  (Read 3151 times)

« on: February 14, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »
Well has anyone noticed in most of the Super Mario Advance series (sma1, sma2, sma4) the beginning theme song is always a mutated remix of the SMB1 Water theme? Has this become the theme song for GBA Mario games?

PS. What is the main theme for SMA3? I've never played it before.
----------------------------

Super Mario Bad Influence Feb 05: Encourages children to eat wild mushrooms in hopes of becoming super.

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 11:12:22 AM »
I Never really noticed before.

"I Never joke about my work!"

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 06:15:04 PM »
Yes.  While they first did this for SMB2, if you play SMAS, you'll notice that they remixed the song for all 4 title screens.  This carried over to the SMA series.  Additionally, a similar song was featured in the SMB movie.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 10:02:46 PM »
Oh, well that's rather strange. Remix the same music four times on the same game...

Super Mario Bad Influence Feb 05: Encourages children to eat wild mushrooms in hopes of becoming super.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 12:35:19 AM »
Same game? SMAS is four different games.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 07:12:23 PM »
Well, they're all on the same cartridge, but it includes four games. Whatever.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 01:32:56 AM »
That would explain the haunting calm music for the title screen of The Lost Levels.

But I think the title screen music for at least SMB2 and SMB3 were the same in the original NES versions (insofar as they used a remix of the Water theme). So perhaps the Water theme has been a Mario theme for longer than we realize. In any case, it seems both themes are acceptable.

Never noticed it before, so good for pointing it out.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 10:41:14 AM »
My brother only noticed that the SMB2 theme was the SMB water theme a couple of years ago, and then I realized the SMAS thing a couple of months ago.

However, only SMB2(USA) had music for the title screen in the original NES versions.

"I care"
~Luke Skywalker

Edited by - Eclipsed Moon on 2/19/2005 8:41:49 AM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 01:28:04 PM »
> But I think the title screen music for at least SMB2 and SMB3 were the same in the original NES versions (insofar as they used a remix of the Water theme). So perhaps the Water theme has been a Mario theme for longer than we realize.

A. I already said that it was used for the SMB2 title screen.

B. SMB3 had no title screen music.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who uses "song" for music pleasantly devoid of lyrics/vocals. However, I am trying to stop for the sake of Chupperson and my mom.

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
In my mind, lyrics could be... wonderfully absent, and I would still call it a song. "Theme" fits, however, because we associate it with Mario and water.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 11:30:16 PM »
I think Lizard Dude already noticed this, along with the Banjo-Kazooie theme being a remix of "Bear's Picnic".  no wait, I think Chup noticed that last one.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 12:15:20 AM »
It was Lizard Dude.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Print