Print

Author Topic: Nintendo DS screen captures?  (Read 1954 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: March 19, 2005, 11:33:04 PM »
I have worked a little on a Yoshi Touch and Go rank page for the forums, but have been limited by the relatively few screen shots of the "Rankings" screen from the game.  Does anybody know of a good waY to take screenshots on the DS?

Does the adaptor that was being sold for the GBA for playing games on a TV work with the DS?  If so, does it work in DS mode?

How do sites like IGN make their images?  I seriously doubt they have an emulator.

Edit: Y

Edited by - Luigison on 3/26/2005 8:57:54 AM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 11:55:22 PM »
>If so, does it work in DS mode?

I don't see how it would, but there is reportedly a signal on the board meant for the displays that Nintendo has at shows, so it's probably just a matter of time before adapters are available... you'd likely need two TVs though, so maybe they won't come out...

> How do sites like IGN make their images? I seriously doubt they have an emulator.

They use Nintendo's press shots.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 02:42:24 PM »
There are about a million different Nintendo DS topics, but this is the least dead of them, so I've decided to post my grumbling here.

Grrrrr *grumble grumble* rrrgrrrrgrrrrrrr *grumble* grrrr grrrrrrr grr *grumble grumble grumble* GRRRRR . . .

Sony and Nintendo came out swinging with handheld game systems at the E3 expo. Round 1: Sony announces the PSP (PlayStation Portable), due out in a year. Not only is it supposed to give the Nintendo Game Boy a run for its money, but the PSP will also play music and movies. Round 2: Nintendo says its next Game Boy won't be a Game Boy but something called Nintendo DS. The DS stands for dual screen: one screen to watch the game on and another touch-sensitive screen to control the game. Round 3: the PSP prototype is unveiled at E3—though with few details and no playable games. But surprise! The Nintendo DS prototypes show up at E3 with cool dual-screen games, like air hockey with a touch-sensitive puck, and chat capabilities. Our verdict: Nintendo DS by a knockout.

– Time Magazine, May 24, 2004

If you thought handheld gaming devices were just for kids, Sony's new PSP (short for PlayStation Portable) could easily change your mind. With its slick, black-lacquer design, bright 4.3-in. display and ability to play movies and MP3s, the $250 PSP makes its main competitor, the Nintendo DS, look like a relic from the Ice Age. The PSP could be the hottest gizmo since the iPod.

– Time Magazine, March 28, 2005 (that's the date on the cover)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Edited by - WaToaD on 3/25/2005 12:45:18 PM

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »
...And its total lack of quality manufacturing...

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:57:50 PM »
and outrageous price and lack of quality games
200 characters and nothing to say.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 03:21:12 PM »
. . . and, as MEGAߥTE helped me to understand, its lack of analog input . . .

. . . and, while I'm going, its inclusion of a completely inadequate memory stick for its all-important extra features . . .

. . . oh, and the fact that watching movies on a screen that you have to hold up while you're watching is less than convenient or comfortable (unless the unit comes with some kind of a stand, which would be news to me) . . .

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 03:31:19 PM »
Don't take my word on the analog input, I'm not sure about that yet, I was just citing a Gamespot article, which was citing some developer comments.  After viewing the partial deconstruction of a PSP, it seems that there is analog... maybe it's just shoddily made like other components in the system.  I'm still waiting to see some developer docs before I make a decision on its analog ability.

Print