Print

Author Topic: How is it special?  (Read 2298 times)

« on: April 14, 2005, 03:22:19 PM »
How is Super Mario 128 going to be special?  Isn't the Gmaecube already 128-bit?  I heard it was 64, but the graphics are WAY better than N64.  Someone please help me out here.
  And if the Gamecube runs on 64-bit graphics, how good looking will this be?  Also, since the Revolution is 256-bit, how will they make it look THAT good?
W/E

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 04:13:17 PM »
How about we have no idea whatsoever?

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 07:08:03 PM »
I can tell you that bits are no longer an accurate way to measure graphics, though I'm not sure what is. I'm not really computer savvy.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:33:17 PM »
The graphics quality is determined by the graphics chip, not the CPU. I'm guessing Revolution will be 64-bit, NOT 256-bit.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 11:49:44 PM »
The Almighty Voice: I'm sure you know Super Mario 64 was one of the best games of all time. However, when Super Mario Sunshine came out, many Mario fans felt that this was not a true sequel to our SM64. Super Mario 128, if released, will hopefully rock the Mario gaming franchise as Super Mario 64 did.

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 03:26:12 PM »
What I mean is, what's so special about the 128-bit part, as I already thought all new games(Luigi's Mansion, SMS) were that quality.
W/E

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 04:53:18 PM »
Maybe it is used for other great looking games like RE4.

Print