Print

Author Topic: Scariest Game  (Read 9961 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:30:51 PM »
What do you think is the scariest game ever? I think it's a tie between Fatal Frame 2 and The Suffering. Those games scared not only the crap out of me, but every other bodily substance out of me. Fatal Frame 2 is scary and cool because of the disturbing atmosphere and graphics, and The Suffering because it's an awesome mix of shooter and survival-horror.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine and all Mario Parties. OMG!!!! A few Mario games that people hate!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 07:01:07 PM »
House of the Dead used to freak me out when I was little. I actually think it is quite humorous now.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 07:26:14 PM »
The Resident Evil remake for the GC was pretty suspenseful.

“I feel like I’m going to be pwned.” ~ Chupperson Weird

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »
Mario Early Years was so scary I almost pooped in my pants. The mutant zombies and the horrible poop elf made me sick.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »
Eternal Darkness:Sanity's Requiem is a game that will mess with your head.  Of course, I enjoyed the game More when you went nuts.  There is only probably one part that really scared me, though the gradual insane effects kind of wear on you.  I actually started in the afternoon, cause I did hear it was a frightning game, but I was just getting really into it, and by then it was about 9 p.m., and my cousin and I were getting freaked out, but couldn't put the controller down.  Strange how we knew it was a bad idea, but insisted on continuing.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:09:51 PM »
Yeah, ED was pretty freaky for the first couple of hours, expecially the medieval level where you're trying to find Charlemagne.  After you get the ability to heal your own sanity, though, the game got rather boring.

This is a long shot, but...did anyone ever play the PC game Shivers?  THAT was a freaky game.  I'm still haunted by the eight note jingle indicating the presence of an invisible ghost somewhere nearby.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/23/2005 9:10:51 PM

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:11:41 PM »
I haven't played very many scary games, but I vote Eternal Darkness.

It scared me very badly twice. Once was cheap and once was cerebral.

"Soon this land will be as devoid of beauty as your face." ~Koal, Advance Wars Dual Strike

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »
One thing that bugged me about that game...

The 33rd minute of the 3rd hour is 2:32, not 3:33.  I completely lost respect for the game after that scene.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/23/2005 10:29:22 PM

Jin

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 02:02:54 PM »
I say its either Fatal Frame 2 or Siren.
Andy

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The first time I encountered ReDeads

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
Oh, you're scared by ReDeads? You wouldn't stand a chance against Aliens vs. Predator 2. I'm serious, I wasn't scared at all by movies like Friday the Thirteenth, Halloween, Saw, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or even The Evil Daed, which was originally rated NC-17 because of the incredibly graphic scaryiness. No, it was AVP2 that did it for me. I was so freaked out when the Aliens would run up to you and hit, then just run away and make freaky noises. Or when the Predators dropped down and blew you half to bits, then cloaked themselves and mess with you head before killing you. If you play that game, play as a Marine; you will be scared to death. Then you'll be brought back to life, and the game scares you AGAIN.

"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
every

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 01:23:09 AM »
I think that Fatal Frame 2 is pretty scary.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 09:26:02 AM »
Hey, those ReDead screams made me jump the first time I played...

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »
I was a little freaked out by the ReDeads when I first got caught in the sights of one. And I have never been freaked out by anything in a movie or game before or after that happened.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 12:14:57 PM »
Okay, I'll admit, the ReDeads were a BIT scary. Something about them reminds me of the Deadites from The Evil Dead, though.

every

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 11:58:22 PM »
This may sound crazy, but one scene really freaked me out in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.   It was the scene where you have to race back to your home island before the (endless) night ends. What freaked me out was that the overworld music changed just slightly; I think the music changed from a major to the equivalent minor key.  Maybe my brain was fried because I was playing at some obscene hour of the night, but hearing the normally uplifting overworld music played in a creepy minor key really gave me the chills.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/26/2005 10:58:53 PM

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 02:56:42 PM »
Yeah, it's the same kinda thing in Metroid Fusion. This cool, triumphant-sounding theme would be playing, but when SA-X would appear, the music would get all spooky and turn into this tense violin-esque music.

every

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 08:58:19 PM »
Survival-Horror games like resident evil make me jump when things happen suddenly. Silent Hill can give me chills.
But I've never been genuinely frightened of a videogame.
I'm suddenly reminded of Banjo Kazooie. In the beginning of the game, a character named Bottles gives you the option of going through a short training level. On my first play through, I said "no.", and went on to come very close to beating the game. I was messing around in the starting area and discovered that if you tried to talk to bottles, he would get more and more annoyed. Eventually he said "That's it. I'm erasing this game pak" or something similar. I shouted a few four letter words, before I realized, that he didn't really do it.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 06:30:19 AM »
FRIGHTENING.

every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »
I was a bit frightened of Thunder and Lightning until I played Pajama Sam: Thunder and Lightning aren't so Frightening.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 07:50:22 AM »
*snicker* Okaaay. So was Pajama Sam a scary game? Don't go too off-topic. And don't be scared by Zelda games.

every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 08:34:37 PM »
Off the top of my head, I can think of the Spider-Man movie game. Some of the stealth missions in that game were downright creepy. The related music was also quite unsettling.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/2/2005 7:35:26 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »
Responce to Screech's Banjo Kazooie post: Yeah, when that happened to me, I was so freaked that I almost cried. I had so much saved on the other two files, and then, "I'm erasing the game pak!" Yikes.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2005, 11:04:50 AM »
I find some scary things cute.  This is my background.  I think it's cute, but most people think it's creepy.

I also find this cute:

What does this have to do with video games you ask?  Well, let me just say that I'm NOT afraid of Vector, King K. Rool, Croco, Croc, or any other crocodilian reptile in the video game world.

PaperMario2

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 12:47:36 PM »
F.E.A.R
I like play mario games

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 01:29:08 PM »
F.E.A.R. hasn't come out yet, but it already looks scary. And again, how are alligator pictures for a background a scary game? Seriously, don't keep going off-topic like this!!

every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2005, 02:42:51 PM »
I say Mario Paint because of the freaky-licious techno of saving and loading your pic, music, etc.

I'd have to really say Wind Waker when you first see Redeads... cuz you don't expect anything then they freakin' like leer, but do they even hurt you? Then when they die they just sit there and sit there until they finally explode or whatever.

Edited by - Trainman on 9/3/2005 1:44:42 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 03:10:16 PM »
Well, there was that whole last sentence of my post...

I can't believe I forgot!  The scariest thing in a video game in my opinion is... ROBIRDO!!!  After you hit her with two giant eggs, that is.  Then when she charges at you, she's shaking spastically.  It freaks me out, but at least I don't make fun of others for being freaked out by stuff. You know whta i mean by freaking people out: like being a jerk and calling people weenies or something... Only an insecure person who needs to point out others' "problems" to feel better about themselves would stoop that low.

Edited by - Markio on 9/9/2005 4:50:25 PM

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2005, 08:23:34 AM »
*sigh* You people are WEENIES! Let's look at the "scary" videogame things, shall we?

Yours:

Robirdo
Aligators
Mario Paint music
Mario Party
F.E.A.R. (okay, so that makes sense)
Banjo-Kazooie

Mine:

Doom 3
Aliens vs. Predator 2
Fatal Frame
The Suffering
Clive Barker's Undying

I'd include The Lurking Horror, but it's more eerie than creepy. But at least it's scarier than Teletubbies or whatever scares you. Well, actually, Teletubbies IS creepy.

every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 05:19:47 PM »
Scary, or just plain gross?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2005, 05:47:43 PM »
For your information, those are crocodiles, and I found them cute.  And if you try reading everything in a post, you'll discover many more words that work as exposition to what the "poster" was saying.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005, 06:33:47 PM »
You know what, let's just drop it. I don't want a flame war. It's great about what you think about crocodiles, and I DID read the post. So here's a little synopsis of the thread:

Me: What VIDEOGAME do you think is SCARY?

You: Well, I am NOT scared by crocodiles, that's for sure! I find them cute!

Me: ... But what VIDEOGAMES SCARE you?

You: Hey, don't insult my taste in crocodiles!!

every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 08:05:32 PM »
DOOM 3. Freakishly scary game. It's between that and Elmo's ABC Adventure, which has been haunting me in my dreams ever since I even heard about it. *cries*
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 08:27:36 AM »
Doom 3 was AWESOME. I'm suprised I forgot to mention it. And besides, any game with Elmo in it is scary.

every

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
Wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in 2001 SSBM. I was doing adventure mode and like likes scared me. That's why I will never get any Zelda games. That will include Twilight Princess.

Nintendo,Mario,and Bomberman pwns. Sony,Microsoft,and Halo are n00bs.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2005, 06:52:41 PM »
There are two things that were mildy freaky in Banjo Tooie.  There was the Mumbo Jumbo in disguise cyborg in one level that was very freaky.  The second thing is "Minjos".  They look like ordinary Jinjos, crying for help, and then you approach them and they make an electro-shock noise and chase after you REALLY fast.  It makes me really paranoid.  OK, I'm really just paranoid anyway, but they do make you watch your step a little closer.

Before I totally forget about the crocodile thing, I was mainly annoyed that in your list of game things people were scared of, you wrote  "alligators".

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 07:17:19 AM »
*sigh* It's kind of like that song, you know:

I say potato, you say crocodile
I say something-or-other
blah blah blah
Something tomato something blah
Alligators call yadda yadda yadda whatever
Potato and crocodile genes don't splice
So let's something something something

every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 06:54:41 PM »
Yeah, I played the Banjo-Tooie level with the cyborg when I was like in second or third grade, so it was a lot scarier for me. Back then everything scared me, so Elmo was like 3478392 times scarier, and that was back when I was watching Sesame Street!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »
*sob* Big Boo's Haunt would give me nightmares!

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2005, 03:49:12 PM »
Hey Glorb, just because we are scared of something stupid doesn't mean you have to make fun of us. Well you have the freedom of speech but everybody is different. This means that they have different tastes. So as long as you stop dissing our fears everything will be better.

Mario pwns!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2005, 03:59:16 PM »
Aw, that was a long time ago, Aarom11.  Big Boo's haunt WAS scary.  That was a long time ago too.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2005, 06:14:16 PM »
Scary Game

I can talk English more better than you.

Edited by - Bird person on 9/29/2005 10:53:01 PM

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2005, 07:24:04 AM »
It should be called stupid game.

Mario Mario he''s our man, if he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2005, 09:57:57 AM »
Tetris.  Everytime I close my eyes I see them.  I imagine stacking books, dishes, cars, anything.  It's the scariest game ever.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2005, 10:34:04 AM »
Actually, before I clean my closet I play Tetris so as to learn more efficient stacking methods. Problem is, I stack anything. Even babies. Especially babies.

every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2005, 12:50:06 PM »
Don't stack too perfectly or your stuff will disappear.

Aarom11, It's OK to be scared. You don't have to pretend you're not.

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.

(Parentheses are cool.) "Quotation marks are cool." "Punctuation. (is?) cool!"

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/3/2005 8:47:44 PM

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print