Print

Author Topic: About Spuaresoft and Nintendo  (Read 10188 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2001, 06:37:41 AM »
Marionut#!: You *******! I am a fan of all Nintendo characters (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, etc.) and I would hate to see them all leave just for the sake of you and your dream of making Mario the all-time great videogame mascot!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2001, 06:48:14 PM »
besides square stinks now, and only an idiot would want to get rid of Zelda, and nintendo would be out of there mind to cancel pokemon with all the money they make from it. I think nintendo made a smart move by not hireing sqaure, there RPGs are uninspireing and old, even if it means we won't see the people from Mrpg. Besides with sega and nintendo makeing an rpg together it will squash square, and square will be begging to return to nintendo. All of the square games started to stink after FF7, square should concentrait on movies cause thats what all there games are anyway.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2001, 07:02:58 PM »
Squaresoft and Nintendo? Ok since you are all Mario fans and probably dont own a PSX (like me! :-)) Squaresoft has made wonderful games with Sony, Have you never heard of the Final Fantasy Series? It can compete with Zelda, Pokemon, or whatever nintendo can throw at it. And i beleive that sega has given up making anymore hardware. Too much competition. Nintendo is doing fine with what it has, and Squaresoft has made timeless classics with playsation (brave Fencer Musashi, Chobo Dungeon, Parasite Eve). I dont think that any developer should cross over to another system. I mean, Mario RPG was great (I still own the origional cartridge) and Im hoping to get Paper Mario, but Playstation and Nintendo shouldn't really be too cometetive, they're both doing fine. I mean, look at me I own a Nintendo and a Playstation and i put and equal ammount of my time and money into each and i love em both. As for Squaresoft and Nintendo? Maybe in about 20 years.....
"Timmay!"

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2001, 04:37:18 PM »
From what I've heard, Squaresoft had a contract with Sony to only produce games for the Playstation, but it recently expired so Squaresoft's planning to make games for the XBox, GBA, and Gamecube.. ^_^

And don't say that Squaresoft and Nintendo don't go well together. I loved Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 3 (6j), and Chrono Trigger.. ^_^

And I've never owned a Playstation, and never will, not even for Digimon games... (Okay, *maybe* for Digimon games)

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2001, 04:49:47 PM »
from what I've heard, square is not gonna be teaming up with the big N, but it might be incorrect...

Sono ichi fanku-ippai!
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2001, 10:12:15 PM »
Only liking one video game series = Only liking one movie

-Sincerely,
Luigi_Link

Y!M: Cameron_Tidd_1998
AIM: ctidd1
MSNM: Luigi_Link@hotmail.com
-Sincerely,
Luigi_Link

Y!M: Cameron_Tidd_1998
AIM: ctidd1
MSNM: Luigi_Link@hotmail.com

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2001, 05:25:40 AM »
maybe if square did what they use to back when they were working with nintendo and cut down on the cinimas (sp?) and concentrait on the gameplay then they would be good.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2001, 05:29:25 PM »
Well, Squaresoft MUST come back to Nintendo. If all nintendo know how to do is re-release its former games, then we are doomed and the only games available for the GC will be Perfect Dark 2, Mario 128, and a Zelda. I did hear that Square told Nintendo that they wanted to make games for Gamecube as an exclusive maker, and re release some ffs on GBA, but Mr. Yammacrap said no. (I forget his name) HE SAID FREAKIN NO. We should boycott Nintendo untill he says yes. Anyway. Square now says that they willbe making FFs for anyonew who wants em. (GC Xbox etc) As early as FFXI (They are at X right now) But it would be nice if our kids got to grow up in a Nintendo-Square happy childhood, like we did. This Sony junk is getting to much. I mean Nobuo changed the intro for the battle theme for 7, and 8!!! But you know what. Paper Mario was the LAMEST excuss for a Super Mario RPG Sequel I have ever seen. IMHO. Square really did have that RPG touch that it added to games. I guess we will never hear of Mallow or Geno again. Tsk Tsk.
Someone should post a letter to Nintendo and force them to send it to square.

Dear Square,
Please come back to Nintendo. I have baked a cake for you. Your's truly, Nintendo.

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2001, 04:31:20 AM »
though many have seen me bash square ( and for good reason to ) it may, or may not, surprise you all that I am a HUGE fan of the origionl square. I love Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger may be the best RPG ever made. It when they were with nontend that they concentraited on plot and game play, now all square cares about is the graphics and cinimas. Should blame them though its not entirly ( sp ) there fault. It's this new generation, all they care about is graphics. Though I love graphics, some people only care about graphics. Bad graphics = bad game. Not true, maybe if they went back to the big N they would of eventually went back to there old ways, the good ways. Maybe....

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

Print