Print

Author Topic: New Revolution news!  (Read 11956 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 26, 2005, 06:47:26 PM »
This article was taken from Nintelligent.net:

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced that the company is planning a simultaneous global release for its next-gen system, the Revolution. Nintendo's DS system also had an odd release, launching in the U.S. before its home country of Japan. The Revolution will not be until at least the next fiscal year, which begins in May 2006.

Iwata goes on to say that the Revolution will be a "complete failure" if it does not sell better than the GameCube, which is to date about 18.76 million units.

Be sure to keep an eye out for more Revolution details

---------------------------------------
Nintendo is planning a global launch like Microsoft is doing with the Xbox 360? It's a risky move.

I am a bit concerned over that comment Iwata said that the Revolution would be a "complete failure" if it does not sell better than the GameCube. Does this mean that if the Revolution fails, then Nintendo will quit the console market? Oh please God, let it not happen!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 06:54:39 PM »
I think that the REV will sell 2x as mush as it's already a hit in Japan when people tried it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 08:39:31 PM »
May 2006, huh? That's just a little before my 8th grade graduation. But I'm still saving my money. Slowly. I mean, I have $20.73.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:09:37 PM »
I haven't trusted anything Iwata says since he said Mario was to be replaced by now with a new mascot. Well where is this new mascot?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 09:49:21 PM »
I don't remember anything about a mascot. But the lack of a new mascot is there.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 11:00:15 PM »
And he returns.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 11:09:19 PM »
I think they'd still be on their feet if the Revolution doesn't live up to their expectations. They can certainly still live off their Gameboy sales which have always been high.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:28:29 PM »
First off, why is this in GMC? This is not directly related to Mario. Also, quit with the little incremental Revolution news topics! You know what? Someone should have made a "post your Revolution news here" topic (not now, though!). So far, it's been like this:

Revolution announced!
The Revolution is made by Nintendo!
Revolution will be revolutionary!
That last topic was just an opinion!
That one too!
Revolution controller rumors!
More Revolution controller rumors!
Revolution controller's best rumors!
Revolution controller announced!
New Revolution news!

And by the way, Vidgmchtr, it's Game Boy, not Gameboy.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:50:22 PM »
Um before I say anything. I'm Positive that Mario won't be replaced.

Oh and Glorb, before you start acting like a madman again, peace will return when you stop complaining about the 20% amount of topics that are misplaced in GMC.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 07:16:09 PM »
Glorb: k
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 10:50:26 PM »
If you search hard enough, you should find a topic titled "sad new for Mario fans" in this very forum. That's where Iwata was stated to supposedly have said that Mario was to be replaced by a new mascot. MegaByte even addressed it in the first Mega-Mailbag.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 02:56:51 PM »
I saw that topic. I still think that Mario won't be replaced. I'm the only one in this forum who wants MP7 and every other Mario game.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 06:29:30 PM »
Oh man....I'll almost be a junior in High school. Oh well. A long wait for something big builds patience. Can't wait!

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 10:13:19 PM »
Who would think that Nintendo would replace Mario, that would be the most retarded move in thier history. Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 11:48:12 PM »
It was a mistranslation by Nintendophiles. He meant to say that they [Nintendo] wanted to create a new franchise that would be as popular as Mario and Pokemon (which makes sense considering how much money both franchises make). Nintendophiles accidently interpreted it as Nintendo creating a new mascot that would eventually replace Mario and Pokemon thus this huge mess.

Print