Poll

What do you think of my appearance?

HAWT
beautiful/pretty/attractive
*shrug* kinda cute, I guess
meh
UGLAAAY
Print

Author Topic: Hotness? X_x  (Read 25779 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« on: November 16, 2005, 06:44:22 PM »
I've never understood what it is that defines a person as "HAWT" as opposed to "nice looking" or "attractive," etc.; when someone says a person is the former, it always makes me go "..." (regardless of the commenting person’s or target's gender).

Anyway, after "observing" you guys for the past two and a half years, with comments to or about me (joking, serious, whatever), and observing other "real life" people, I'm curious as to what you guys really think of how I look. With the poll option, now it can be completely anonymous. Please be honest.
I hope this doesn't make me seem vain or anything; I'm really not. I'm just....intrigued and curious about it. Any girls can answer this too, if they want. *Shrugs*

I like to think of this as a psychological study/obsevation. I'm obsessed with psychology... >_>;
(Note: I don't think I'm hot, and I'll never understand people that think I am, if they even do. X_x)

As for this whole idea...Yeah, I'm weird, I know.
This is probably a mistake, I know it...  Probably the less people actually post, the better... >_>;

Edit: IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE, DO NOT POST TELLING THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE! There is a link on one of the pages. At least take the time to browse through the topic before posting. Yeesh.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 03:04:07 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 06:56:01 PM »
Being weird is fun! But seriously, I've only seen you're charicature. I mean, since the time is in Western Time or something, I thought everyone lived in California or something, so how would I know?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:57:11 PM »
Considering I've never seen what you look like and consiering you moderate a Message board, I'm going to assume you're bland looking.

Plus the smilies...oh the overkill of smilies....

Plus every girl looks bland next to Rebecca the Hotness.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:02:27 PM »
I've seen your real picture before, but, I'm not going to answer the poll because......I have no clue what the gain of our opinions of you would be to you.  So, yeah :-\
I only watch [adult swim]

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 07:04:06 PM »
 Hot, attractive, beautiful, lovely, they all mean different things to different people. I know you're aware of this. It's just, it seems rather... unnecessary to even attempt to acquire a generalized meaning for the terms. Not that the poll will even do that for you, really.

As for me, personally, I guess I see the term "hot" for a woman who is attractive purely in a physical sense. Where as attractive, nice looking, ect, for a woman who's other qualities attractive, as well. Not that I'd rank being "hot" as better than being attractive. I'm not sure if you're looking for actual input on this, or not, but I suppose it doesn't hurt.

It's natural to wonder what other people think about you, certainly. Just, don't take it too seriously. Especially when people can vote anonymously.  :)

EDIT: Argh, forgot to check the "Don't use smileys." box.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 07:10:05 PM »
I'm not sure if you're looking for actual input on this, or not, but I suppose it doesn't hurt.
Actually, I was. Hinting at it, anyway. ;)

SSM: Black Mage put it nicely; it's just curiousity, to know what people really think of me. Fun, too, I think. I won't take take any of it personally, no matter what the votes are. And it's not like I'll know who specifically voted what unless they actually post something. Regardless, I won't judge. We all have our opinions.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 07:23:11 PM »
I've donated my opinion to the psychological study in the interests in science. ;)

"Hot" is really a measure of only physical attraction. Someone can be hot, and also a complete jerk. It's kind of hard to define what makes physical attraction, since everyone's preferenees are diffrerent, but if someone says you're hot, take it as a complement. Don't just stare at them like they're weird.

I've seen a load of these threads on message boards(but least of all would I except one from YOU), and they're always skewed toward being "hotter" than they really are because the votes are coming from friends. If you want a COMPLETELY, BRUTALLY HONEST opinion about how hot the average person thinks you are, put up your picture at HotOrNot.com. But I'm not sure if that's what you're really looking for here.

Also, you might want to at least put up your picture HERE so that the many people who haven't seen you can actually vote here.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 07:27:09 PM »
I would have to say the same as Cash, I have a really neat Time Life book on "The Mind"  its really interesting, you should read it, although I'm sure they dont make it anymore, its from like 1969, by a bunch of docs who experimented drugs for the sake of Science.....pffft, yeah right.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 07:32:41 PM »
You know, you might want to put a picture of yourself here because most people don't know what you look like.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 07:35:03 PM »
I don't WANT most people to know what I look like. This is basically for people who DO know what I look like; I just decided to be nice and give a voting option for those who haven't. Besides, I've posted a few pics in different threads over time. Not like they're "hidden" or anything.

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 07:52:45 PM »
You look fine.

And not "FINE!" fine. Fine as in...fine.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 08:11:02 PM »
I think Sapphira looks "Super". 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 08:17:46 PM »
Not "Super" , Fiery. Get it? I saw her "position" on her profile! Ha, ha!! .... nevermind.  ;D (Oopps, messed up on the smileys :-[)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 08:30:33 PM by bigmariofan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 08:21:56 PM »
... :-\
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 08:32:55 PM »
Not "Super" , Fiery. Get it? I saw her "position" on her profile! Ha, ha!! .... nevermind.  ;D (Oopps, messed up on the smileys :-[)
I saw her Oct. 31st costume.  It was Super!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print