Poll

What do you think of my appearance?

HAWT
beautiful/pretty/attractive
*shrug* kinda cute, I guess
meh
UGLAAAY
Print

Author Topic: Hotness? X_x  (Read 25767 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
I saw her Oct. 31st costume.  It was Super!
[/quote]

Oh, Gotcha! That's a pretty good one.
I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »
 I think you recieved a decent amount of hurrahs, Sapph. I don't think you seriously needed to ask for opinions, though.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 09:30:42 PM »
If I correctly remember the picture of you I saw a months (years?) ago, you appeared to take care of your appearance very well. Which may be more important in my mind, appearance-wise, than being naturally "hot".

That said, you should be more worried about your personality than your appearance. My opinion, though.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 09:40:57 PM »
Oh, no, no, no, I'm TOTALLY not worried or even concerned about my appearance or what people think of it. Pure curiousity, 'tis all. I'd much rather have an "amazing" personality than be "amazing looking" or something. Not that I have/am either.
Frankly, appearances are quite shallow, and it amazes me how much it seems to matter to people--either to themselves, or how they view others. Hmm...maybe THAT's a subconscious reason I made this topic. *shrugs* I hope you guys don't judge me for this... It was curiousity after being joked with so much. *cries*
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 11:58:08 PM »
Frankly, appearances are quite shallow, and it amazes me how much it seems to matter to people--either to themselves, or how they view others.

You say that, but I know it does matter a lot, subconsciously or not. Tell me this: would you date a 500-pound fatso with bad acne and a 3-inch package? Even if he had a personality that was completely compatible with you? Physical attraction is what starts a bond for a relationship in the first place, and if you don't have that, you're pretty much screwed unless one or both of you settles, in which case it's not a good relationship anyway.

Sucks sometimes, but it's the facts of life.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 07:46:14 AM »
Hmm...maybe THAT's a subconscious reason I made this topic. *shrugs* I hope you guys don't judge me for this... It was curiousity after being joked with so much. *cries*

I'd never judge someone right of like that you shouldn't really worry about that.
I'm a horrible person.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 12:53:40 PM »
I've never seen what you look like!!  :'(
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 01:01:50 PM »
I've never seen what you look like!!  :'(

Well, maybe because you are new, if you want to see her look back in the past of TMK, under the "Halloween Costumes" thread. Here's the link: Halloween Costumes thread , and be sure to look through all the pages.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:04:05 PM by bigmariofan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 01:26:53 PM »
Marlie's not new; she's been here around two years, I think.
Hmm, I think I'll just remove the "I've never seen what you like like" option... >_<

Edit: Sorry, Marlie. My complete perception of time is lost. You're just such a part of the Fungi Forums family that I can't remember! XD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:32:15 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 01:28:34 PM »
Marlie's not new; she's been here around a year, I think.
Hmm, I think I'll just remove the "I've never seen what you like like" option... >_<
Okay, I'm just dumb, aren't I? Well I found he had 400 somthing posts so yeah, you're right.
I'm a horrible person.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 01:37:45 PM »
Marlie's not new; she's been here around a year, I think.
Okay, I'm just dumb, aren't I? Well I found she had 400 somthing posts so yeah, you're right.

Fixed.

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 01:39:47 PM »
I must be extremely dumb to make two mistakes in a row. *Slaps self in face* (Don't worry I've done that plenty of times before.) :-[
I'm a horrible person.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 07:08:16 PM »
This isn't fair!  We all know you so we know you aren't one of those evil girls who snap their fingers in yo' face and say "talk to da hand", so most aren't judging on looks but by personality!  And I wholeheartedly re-FUSE to think you're not vain for this!  Refuse!  I also doubt this can be a psychological experiment since that field of science is mental and behavioral, not physical! Shallow!  Shallow!  Shallow! >:(

OK, now to be serious.  In my opinion.... I hold no opinion.  I don't think you're ugly or prettiful.  I don't really care.  You're asking the wrong internet friend.  I just don't usually think about what people look like.  If this were you:  :-* I wouldn't be so stunned I'd  :o, nor would I play it  8), nor would I feel  :-[.  I'm totally abusing these emoticons, but anyway, don't rely on how people perceive you.  As said by me, "Saying it's all about perception is like saying biology is all about biology."  Yeah, I know, that doesn't really apply to the situation... or anything...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TMS

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 07:39:06 PM »
Appearances don't really matter much to me. But of course nobody wants somebody to say they are ugly.

As Insane Steve suggested, you should worry about personality not appearances.
Try finding a witty comment in this sentence....

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 06:01:09 PM »
I’m very impressed at your bravery to ask such a frank question, Sapphira.  Now I’m going to be brave too and tell you what I actually think! (cue dramatic music)  I have 3 pictures of you saved on my computer so I do know what you look like, or at least what you used to look like, and then half of your face in your super girl picture.  If you’re worried about why I have 3 pictures of you, don’t sweat it.  I also have at least 7 funny pictures of LD, 1 of Watoad with a DS, 1 of LD and Watoad together giving peace signs, 1 of Insane Steve looking a little insane, and 1 of Luigison playing GC (I think it’s Luigison, if that’s him with the picture of the cat up close).  Maybe I need to delete some of these some time.

Anyway, I wouldn’t exactly say you look hot but I would say that you look very cute (hopefully that word doesn’t offend you) and your charicature doesn’t do you justice.  The only reason I don’t think you look hot is because of my own preferences for looks (whatever they are, not really sure) and not because of anything you can help.  I’m sure there are guys who will see you as hot, but I just don’t right now.  However, I do like your outgoing personality, or at least how you act on the forums… : ) - XP - @_@ - x_X - ~_^- XD… and all that.  So if I spent some time with you in real life then maybe I would think that you’re hot.  Plus, your face looks kind of like a good friend of mine so bonus points for that XD.

Just remember, Sapph, that you probably look better than what you think you do, and if you don’t then it’s no problem.  Your true self is what matters most and only real friends will like you for that.  I know, this is obvious stuff, but I just want you to keep that in mind and think positive about yourself (and that includes everyone else too, not just girls!)  So… yeah.  I hope that I don’t get slapped with a fish by anything that I said!

1500th post!  Yay!  If I could get the html buttons back I would celebrate.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:08:05 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print