Poll

What do you think of my appearance?

HAWT
beautiful/pretty/attractive
*shrug* kinda cute, I guess
meh
UGLAAAY
Print

Author Topic: Hotness? X_x  (Read 25772 times)

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2005, 02:57:55 PM »
...ANYWHO, moving on.

Hey Sapphira, are you going to show us a pic? I'll post mine soon in my profile... when I get my digital camera. ;D

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2005, 03:26:17 PM »
Luigison, you have to right to be.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2005, 05:06:13 PM »
The only recent picture Sapphira has published was her "Halloween Costume" thing, which was linked in page two.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2005, 07:02:11 PM »
AAAAH MY EYES!!! NO! My topic, my beautiful topic!! #____#
Must...counteract...disturbing...image...

Ahhhh... so much better... Man, if you HAVE to do that, TEM, at least make it a LINK!
* Sapphira changes said post and creates a warning.

And for crying out glavin... Yeesh.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:33:21 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2005, 07:39:24 PM »
left-handed compliment

That sounds horribly classist.  What's wrong with left-handed people?  "Back-handed" would be more acceptable...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »
Nothing, and considering I, myself, am left-handed...

left-handed compliment:
Also, backhanded compliment. An insult in the guise of an expression of praise. For example, She said she liked my hair, but it turned out to be a left-handed compliment when she asked how long I'd been dyeing it. This expression uses left-handed in the sense of "questionable or doubtful," a usage dating from about 1600.

left-hand·ed (adj.)
4. Of doubtful sincerity; dubious: left-handed flattery; a left-handed compliment.

Source: Dictionary.com
Even though that definition had backhanded compliment as another word for it, there appears to be no definition for it... And the definition of backhanded is:

back·hand·ed (adj.)
2. Oblique or roundabout: a backhanded compliment.

The term "left-handed" seems more fitting, looking at those definitions, even if "back-handed" is more "acceptable." Political correctness is pointless. If someone's offended by that, they're too sensitive. "Left-handed" used that way could have "offended" me but it doesn't. It's not an insult. More ironic is that I USED the phrase myself. ;P

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 08:52:13 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2005, 10:04:08 PM »
Suddenly, without warning, Sapphira's thread turns into an unexpected battle.  A dark and gruesome battle that no one ever wanted to happen and that may never end.  The battle of fear, the battle of freak-outs, the battle... of HAWT vs. horrifying! .______@

Is that your dog btw, Sapphira?  She looks cute!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2005, 10:28:22 PM »
Mmmyep, that's my doggie! Hey, people can tell she's a girl, what with the flower on her.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2005, 10:34:37 PM »
Sapph, I'm left-handed too! This is an exciting day!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2005, 11:07:02 PM »
I'm left-handed too, but I don't know where all this "doubtful sincerity" came from.  You people are always picking on my 1/7 of the population.

I write with my left hand.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2005, 11:10:48 PM »
1/7 of the population... and yet... I'm left handed as well.

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2005, 11:27:22 PM »
I am left-handed, too. How about that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2005, 11:40:08 PM »
Oh my god!!! Sapphira, you look just like me!!! :o (at least from that view) Except I have blue/black streaked hair. But thats funny!
But do why don't you think your attractive? I think your pretty. Not that I'm bragging, get it? :D

And I'm both handed by the way(Ambistrous or something like that) People think I'm strange because I use two hands to draw sometimes. Hey, two is faster, right? ;D

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2005, 01:32:39 PM »
I suggest you read this.  Historically, it's been treated like racism to the point that language is affected because of it.  Using such terms only perpetuates those awful ideas.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 04:11:26 PM by MEGAߥTE »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2005, 12:14:52 AM »
Thank God for LD.

Print