Poll

What do you think of my appearance?

HAWT
beautiful/pretty/attractive
*shrug* kinda cute, I guess
meh
UGLAAAY
Print

Author Topic: Hotness? X_x  (Read 25778 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2005, 12:26:50 AM »
I don't appreciate my edit being edited one bit, LD. Nor do I appreciate your using my Lord's name in vain, TEM. Don't edit it back. See message on re-edited post.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2005, 12:50:03 AM »
Sapph, I'm left-handed too! This is an exciting day!

I'm left handed as well. I did'nt expect you guys to be left handed too.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2005, 11:18:21 AM »
Thanking God is taking His name in vain? Good Lord!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »
Sheesh!  You had to make a topic just to get people to acknowledge that they appreciate you, and you can't even appreciate simple things like editing posts?  If I were you, I'd join Reluctant Hypocrites Anonymous!

(BTW, I am probably a hypocrite too in some way, so I probably sound hypocritical by calling Sapphira a hypocrite.  So you don't have to acknowledge the fact that I am a hypocrite by calling Sapphira a hypocrite since I am a hypocrite.  And yes, I feel bad that I am a hypocrite, if only I knew how I was a hypocrite, so I could change my hypocritical status.)
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2005, 12:02:53 PM »
... -_-;
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2005, 12:49:44 PM »
Nothing, and considering I, myself, am left-handed...

left-handed compliment:
Also, backhanded compliment. An insult in the guise of an expression of praise. For example, She said she liked my hair, but it turned out to be a left-handed compliment when she asked how long I'd been dyeing it. This expression uses left-handed in the sense of "questionable or doubtful," a usage dating from about 1600.

left-hand·ed (adj.)
4. Of doubtful sincerity; dubious: left-handed flattery; a left-handed compliment.

Source: Dictionary.com
Even though that definition had backhanded compliment as another word for it, there appears to be no definition for it... And the definition of backhanded is:

back·hand·ed (adj.)
2. Oblique or roundabout: a backhanded compliment.

The term "left-handed" seems more fitting, looking at those definitions, even if "back-handed" is more "acceptable." Political correctness is pointless. If someone's offended by that, they're too sensitive. "Left-handed" used that way could have "offended" me but it doesn't. It's not an insult. More ironic is that I USED the phrase myself. ;P

Sapphira wins.

Political correctness = stupid, and especially when the people "defended" by it aren't even offended in the first place.

Incidentally, after seeing the pic of herself that Sapphira linked to after the dog picture (sorry if you didn't want me to call attention to it), I can certainly reaffirm that she is indeed very attractive (I won't say "hot" because I agree with the people who said that such terms tend to portray people as "objects").
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2005, 08:33:36 PM »

Political correctness = stupid, and especially when the people "defended" by it aren't even offended in the first place.

Are you high? I guess political correctness is stupid to some extent, but (think about the extremes) if you go around calling others by the "N word", and other offensive terms, it's NOT okay! Just be careful when saying stuff like that.

Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2005, 08:41:09 PM »
political "incorrectness" != durogative

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2005, 10:03:57 PM »
Er....I don't get how this has ANYTHING to do with politics....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2005, 10:29:56 PM »
Are you high? I guess political correctness is stupid to some extent, but (think about the extremes) if you go around calling others by the "N word", and other offensive terms, it's NOT okay! Just be careful when saying stuff like that.

Political correctness is an extreme. Being neither racist nor pro-Affirmative Action (i.e., being normal) is not politically correct. You yourself seem to be acting PC by criticizing my criticism of political correctness. :/

I am not high, and I resent the implication. It seems to me that you are the one who needs to be careful what you say.

This is majorly off-topic, so any further discussion ought to be conducted over the new private message system.

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2005, 02:44:07 AM »
I am not high, and I resent the implication. It seems to me that you are the one who needs to be careful what you say.

If you resent the implication, then you should probably change your sig.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2005, 04:30:06 PM »
I don't want this to turn in to a flame, so I'm just going to drop it.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2005, 10:39:01 PM »
Sheesh!  You had to make a topic just to get people to acknowledge that they appreciate you, and you can't even appreciate simple things like editing posts?  If I were you, I'd join Reluctant Hypocrites Anonymous!

(BTW, I am probably a hypocrite too in some way, so I probably sound hypocritical by calling Sapphira a hypocrite.  So you don't have to acknowledge the fact that I am a hypocrite by calling Sapphira a hypocrite since I am a hypocrite.  And yes, I feel bad that I am a hypocrite, if only I knew how I was a hypocrite, so I could change my hypocritical status.)
I'm sure we all want to find out what people think of us (Not saying that I would ask if I were hot because that's just not me.), but knowing what people think of you is good, people should never hide things about what they think of someone, else, most of the time (At least in person) the ones being held secrets about themselves from, can tell when the other person trys to hide it, and that makes most angry, and they will probably show how angry they are by yelling, or they can even not talk at all, but it's good to know so you can change, and be a friend of theirs, you can feel a lot better. Wow, say hello to my longest post ever ..........
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2005, 11:40:15 AM »
If you resent the implication, then you should probably change your sig.
I actually think drugs are bad. It's just that that line in my sig sounds funny, and I can appreciate humor concerning drugs and such things. Probably the main reason LZR made me mad by saying that was simply the provocative tone of the remark.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2005, 05:44:45 PM »
I actually think drugs are bad. It's just that that line in my sig sounds funny, and I can appreciate humor concerning drugs and such things. Probably the main reason LZR made me mad by saying that was simply the provocative tone of the remark.

That's what the post above mine says.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print