Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution  (Read 1795 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 16, 2005, 07:55:23 PM »
With all of the Xbox 360 news and hype going on right now, when do you think Nintendo will release more information on the Revolution?

I am so excited, Nintendo is planning something huge with the Revolution. I am anxious to see Nintendo's plans with making videogames more accessible to wider audiences. Videogames will finally be fun again!

By the way, what do you guys think about the Xbox 360? Do you think it will do as well as Microsoft is stating? I like the Xbox 360. It has the best online gaming service (until Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection comes out), and it doesn't focus too much on advanced technology like the PS3 does.

I think Microsoft and Nintendo are going to rule this generation!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 07:58:22 PM »
Videogames never seemed to be "out of fun" by my opinion, that would just be all the other horrible games, and why are there so many topic on the Rev?
I'm a horrible person.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 10:21:23 PM »
I don't care what features XBox Live has.  If I have to pay a monthly fee to play online games on XBox Live, while I can play online games for free on Nintendo Wi-Fi, then XBox-Live is not the best online game service.

I had my doubts about Revolution when the controller was first revealed, but with the success of the Nintendo DS I think Nintendo may know what it is doing.  I'll wait to see what the games are like before I decide to get one myself, but either way I think the Revolution will be a successful product.  I think both Revolution and one or both of XBox360 and PS3 will be successful, catering to very different markets and not directly competing with one another (except 360 v. PS3), just as nintendo has predicted.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 12:14:21 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out what market the PS3 is focusing on. Obviously it's not the casual gamer considering how much it costs and how difficult and expensive it is to produce games for it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 05:17:57 PM »
The only market the PS3 and X-box 360 focus on is the violence market. Nintendo is family oriented, while you get to blast other people's heads off in "tho other's" systems and games.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:31:53 PM »
Even if the games "aren't very good,"  as we can't deny the Gamecube was, we still get to download all those awesome old NES games! I can't wait until the REV, not because of the REV games. Because of the NES games. I'd get a NES but they're so hard to get working. But we know some games, like SSB3 are going to be good. I think I got my friend to want a REV, so we can smash each other online (he's moving to Japan, so that'd be perfect.)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print