Poll

If you could have any ONE system, which would it be?

Nintendo Entertainment System
1 (3.6%)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
8 (28.6%)
Nintendo 64
5 (17.9%)
Nintendo Gamecube
1 (3.6%)
Gameboy
1 (3.6%)
Gameboy Color
0 (0%)
Gameboy Advance
0 (0%)
Nintendo DS
6 (21.4%)
Playstation
0 (0%)
Playstation 2
1 (3.6%)
Playstation 3
0 (0%)
Playstation Portable
0 (0%)
XBOX
2 (7.1%)
XBOX 360
0 (0%)
Sega Genesis
0 (0%)
Sega Staturn
0 (0%)
Sega Dreamcast
0 (0%)
Sega Station
0 (0%)
Atari
0 (0%)
Nintendo Revolution
3 (10.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: System of Choice  (Read 8858 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 04:38:34 PM »
 Hm. If I had to pick one of the systems listed above, I would pick either the Playstation 2, or the Playstation 3. I have no real interest in the PS3 as far as the next generation goes. I'm far more interested in the Revolution. However, I have listed it here, as I would most probably choose the Playstation 2, since it can play both PSX and PS2 games. If the Playstation 3 is fully backwards compatible (I don't know if it is), and can play PSX, PS2 and PS3 games, then I see no reason not to pick that over what I would have otherwise chosen.

Simply put, combined, the PSX and PS2 house more of my favorite games than any other system.

I also understand it's taboo to many of you to even own a system created by a company other than Nintendo, but I'm certain the more intelligent of you aren't as narrow minded and are considerate enough of other people's preferences as to understand that opinions differ.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »
Once it's complete, the Rev. Definitely. No competition.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2006, 04:41:38 PM »
Take Yoshi55 for example. XD

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 04:46:05 PM »
The Revolution is going to pwn all. Can't wait to start downloading all of the games I missed out on buying. I'll need a way to dispose of my GameCube by then. If none of my friends want it I can make an offer here, I guess. I mean, if it does everything that the GameCube does, there's no point for me to keep it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »
Keep it for something useful,like, a sibling, younger person, or a time capsule! Don't just sell it, unless you make good money. ^_^
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »
We sould have maybe 2 choices because I own all of the current consoles and I picked a handheld.

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 04:58:36 PM »
Choosing the Rev would just be too easy, so I chose N64. With games like Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, it's just the best choice.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 05:17:58 PM »
Hm. If I had to pick one of the systems listed above, I would pick either the Playstation 2, or the Playstation 3. I have no real interest in the PS3 as far as the next generation goes. I'm far more interested in the Revolution. However, I have listed it here, as I would most probably choose the Playstation 2, since it can play both PSX and PS2 games. If the Playstation 3 is fully backwards compatible (I don't know if it is), and can play PSX, PS2 and PS3 games, then I see no reason not to pick that over what I would have otherwise chosen.

Simply put, combined, the PSX and PS2 house more of my favorite games than any other system.

I also understand it's taboo to many of you to even own a system created by a company other than Nintendo, but I'm certain the more intelligent of you aren't as narrow minded and are considerate enough of other people's preferences as to understand that opinions differ.
I actually have a PS2 and enjoy playing it.. just not as much as my Nintendo systems.  The PS2 has some pretty good games on it and so does the PS1.  The Final Fantasy games as well as the other RPGs the Playstation offers are really hard to pass up.  DDR is also a guilty pleasure of mine.

The one system I don't have any sympathy for, however, is the Xbox.  I'm sorry, I'm still just stuck on the idea that Microsoft has entered the gaming industry for profit and not for games.

And they stole Rare from Nintendo. Boo.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:25:48 PM by Unlimited Lumpia »
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2006, 06:10:30 PM »
Why is the Revolution a choice? It isn't even out yet.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »
Because you already know what it will be like. Would you want it as your ONLY system, like the question asks?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 06:23:55 PM »
It's rather funny you say that, Khold, since the Revolution is more or less the only system we actually have no idea what it will be like.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »
Microsoft didn't steal Rare. Nintendo didn't want to renew thier contract and dumped thier stocks so Microsoft took the oppurtunity to buy them. Unfortunately, they haven't made any hits since then.

I chose the SNES since it's what I grew up with and it has so many masterpieces on it. DS came very close though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »
It's rather funny you say that, Khold, since the Revolution is more or less the only system we actually have no idea what it will be like.
I know, but we all know mostly what the gameplay will be like.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »
This is the first time I find myself irritated by fan'girl'ism.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »
And what makes you so irritated?

Print