Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 70481 times)

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2002, 02:05:17 PM »
i sort of think all churches are like a cult, but maybe i'm not to familliar with the true meaning and rules for it being actually called a "cult"

in my honors geometry class, we often get far off subject and one day were talking about how my teacher thinks you need religion to be a good person
I TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!!
i don't need religion to be a good person, i have a fine sense of what is right or wrong
i guess it helps to believe in God, as i do, but i don't think you NEED to to be a good person

i knew a guy named, well... it doesn't matter, anyway, last year i knew a guy who said he didn't believe in God <which i may bring up later for different discussion> but he wasn't a bad guy
he dressed in all black, but he didn't smoke or beat people up, or steal, or kill, or cheat on people, or make fun of people... well, no more than the average guy, but he didn't try to hurt people

is he a bad guy because he doesn't believe in God?

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2002, 04:52:10 PM »
no, he is not a bad guy, but unfortunately he is doomed to go to hell. (my beliefs)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2002, 07:15:51 PM »
 I agree with you, you don't NEED religion. However, I find it to be a guiding light, but it's all opinion. Some people like it, others find it bothersome. Nothing we can do about it.

Also, I know some people who don't believe in God and they are nice people too. Hell, some of them are my friends. I don't try to press my beliefs on them, nor do they to me. If they feel they don't need God, so be it. Who are we to judge. But, yeah, people can be good and not believe in God, I don't think that makes them evil. I don't know how to explain it, what I was taught was if they are athiest, than they will go to hell, however, if they are agnostic, than they don't go to either place, kind of like limbo, only not for unbaptised babies.

Oh, smb, Yeah, I do go to EoFF, my name there is Black Mage. Incase you were wondering.

I am Nobody
 Nobody is Perfect
 I am Perfect

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2002, 01:32:24 PM »
just today, my friend was asking if people believed in God or in science
i wanted to say both, but he said that wasn't an acceptable answer
i dunno which i believe in if not both
it's a tough question
he said he believed in science
i have to believe in BOTH though
God didn't do EVERYTHING, but science didn't do EVERYTHING either
if i HAD to JUST pick ONE...i would pick...hmmm...science? God?... i can't pick
but maybe i did... i said science first
but i need God too
which do you believe in God or science?

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2002, 04:25:17 PM »
 I believe to be clear that I believe in God. I feel science is man's attempt to explain the works of God. Believe it or not, most scientists are very religious, which I find to be surprising. Ah well, did he have some arguement why he believed in Science?

I am Nobody
 Nobody is Perfect
 I am Perfect

« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2002, 01:53:36 PM »
he's just thinking that he believes in evolution and the planets and creatures being created scientifically
like the gases in formed together with gravity and the chemicals in them caused the sun to burst into flames
and the planets were formed with rocks&junk mashed together by gravity
and the animals coming from the tiniest single-celled organism

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2002, 04:38:26 PM »
also, you can prove science
you can't prove the existence of God
<even though i DO believe anyway>

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2002, 06:00:29 PM »
How can you prove science? To do that, you must rely on logic, no? However, logic is a by-product of science. Using logic is just explaining science with science, hence not proving anything. I'd like to see someone explain something without logic. I don't think it's possible. This is why I don't believe that to be a reasonable excuse to believe in science but not God.

I am Nobody
 Nobody is Perfect
 I am Perfect

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2002, 01:41:00 PM »
i believe in BOTH
i can't choose one
i don't think that God created us just how we are,  i think we evolved from some monkey-man
and i think the earth did some things for itself

i don't see a good reason NOT to believe in God

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2002, 03:48:07 PM »
 Maybe I wasn't being clear enough. I did not mean to say that you only believed in Science. I am aware you believe in both, you had mentioned it in earlier posts. I was only saying in regard to your last post, my feeling on what you said. My apologizes.

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2002, 01:38:16 PM »
no, what you said WAS clear, i just wanted to make sure that if someone only read this page, they could  see that i do believe in both

i suppose you have a point, that the only way to prove a man-made theory is with a man-made theory

but then you have to ask yourself
couldn't God be a man-made theory?

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2002, 01:50:53 PM »
 Sure, it's a possibility. Anyone who has gone through the years where they begin to doubt things they believe has thought about that. However, that is where faith comes in. Basically, thats where it all lies, in your faith.

I am Nobody
 Nobody is Perfect
 I am Perfect

« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2002, 01:32:34 PM »
amen to that, black mage

amen to that

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2002, 12:28:48 PM »
Christian. Church of Christ. i was going to actually start a topic about this . . .

Eddy: Ed, stop eating all the cheese!
Ed: Cheese? Swiss?
Eddy: Peperroni. Italian.
Ed: Slicer. Aluminum.

« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2002, 09:23:31 PM »
None! The facts are against religion, you pay to grovel to a non-existant scam, and it's just an overall waste of time.

P.S. is there UBB code here? I'm a n00b.

Print