Print

Author Topic: When you turn on your GCN...  (Read 10801 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: March 31, 2006, 05:48:17 PM »
Before you turn on your GCN, hold the Z button, turn it on, and see what happens.

I really don't understand why Nintendo would put that in there. Its funny and freaky at the same time.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:53:21 PM »
haha, that's so awesome.
I'm a horrible person.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »
1) This is in the wrong forum. (Moved)
2) Did you REALLY need to make a topic about this? I mean, what can be discussed from it?

I've known of this for YEARS.

On another note, I heard that if you hold the Z button down on all four controllers simultaneously when turning the GCN on, something else happens. Being that I only have three controllers, I haven't been able to actually try this.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 06:16:34 PM »
That's basically the most unnecessary and stupid thing about the GameCube. It ruins the menu that comes after it. The GameCube's main menu is all futuristic and the music is calm and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah............. But if you hold Z a freakingm monkey starts singing and little kids laugh. Gah...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »
If you do it on all 4 controllers, you will have random things. Pea Soup flying around, Chinese talking, etc.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 06:37:52 PM »
Pea soup, you say?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 06:41:41 PM »
I must say, I enjoy pea soup.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 06:49:24 PM »
I know about that and yes it is pretty humorous
I see poop.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 08:11:59 PM »
I don't know about Pea Soup flying or Chinese talking, but when you hold all four Z's, it's sort of these tribal drums and then a tribal aaaaYAA! sound.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 08:57:02 PM »
Actually, I never confirmed about the pea soup. It was just featured as a tip in Nintendo Power in an issue before. Also, I think the one LD said about tribial drums is the chinese one I'm talking about.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:15:27 PM »
I think the idea of it is cool, but it would have been nice to have a different sound instead of a squeaky thing and then a big bouncing noise followed by giggling.  I mean, having a different sound play for the intro screen just by holding down a button shows detail that is so completely unnecessary that you just think: "Wow, this console truly had some time put into it, right Jim?"  "Hm, hm, quite right Bill.  I think its better than the X-box!"  And, yeah.  But, with the squeakiness the conversation is more like:  "Oh my, Jim!  Monkeys and children laughing!"  "Oh dear, Bill.  Lets pull out that old PS2, eh?" 
So, am I against the sound or for it?  I dunno.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
Wow, I din't know this. I tried the 4 controler thing and got pea soup.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »
I knew this since the day I got my GCN, because I saw an article about it beforehand. :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 02:27:47 PM »
I tried this, and I must say, it is quite queer. Indeed, I have had my GameCube ever since I got it back in the summer of 2002 ("The Summer of Love") and I never knew of this. My life is now in a wholly different perspective.
every

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 02:39:14 PM »
I've known of this for YEARS.
Just because you knew dosen't mean everyone else did.

Print