Print

Author Topic: Tetris DS marathon  (Read 5697 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 10:08:16 AM »
I need to get Tetris DS! I mean, really! I heard that it has more than 10 minigames AND 10-player WiFi! Oh...yeah.

There are 10 single player modes, but I wouldn't consider them "minigames."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »
I did the same thing. one boringly rainy day while playing endless marathon, I used the rotate/climb method to see how far I could go. after realizing I could pretty much go on forever using it, so I tried to max out the line and level counters. after that, I just let it go since my thumbs were falling apart. although it does make it easy, it doesn't work with every piece, every time. (Square pieces = death in high levels)

good to see i'm not the only person who really was that curious about maxing out those meters...
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 05:44:44 PM »
I don't seem to be very skilled, as I've only cleared 100 lines in marathon, and that's currently my record so far. (I didn't use that rotate forever thing, though.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »
Marathon mode is pretty easy, that is, until your thumbs give in and start randomly pressing the buttons. After about Level 15, your eyes lose focus and you just collapse after being focused onto the game for so long.
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 04:46:09 AM »
In Doctor Mario/Puzzle League (specifically, in Puzzle League), they anticipated that players would max out the score counter, so they record how quickly you can max out the score counter.  Does Tetris DS have a feature like this?  Becuase, if you're trying to max out the score counter quickly, you'll be less inclined to abuse rotation hovering.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 01:48:17 PM »
Well no... considering it would probably take well over a full day of non-stop play, I doubt such a thing exists... it's not listed in the records.

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 10:21:52 PM »
A question in the recent PGC interview with Henk Rogers addresses this very concern.  It's an entertaining read overall.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 11:22:54 PM »
Incidentally, it was me telling other PGC staff about my marathon that eventually resulted in that interview.  It is a good read.

Print