Print

Author Topic: Why did you start liking Mario/Luigi games  (Read 16914 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2006, 11:38:19 PM »
He wasn't banned when he posted that though, and you're a bit late on commenting about it anyway.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 12:45:35 PM »
I read his profile,he was banned 4 Hours after he posted that.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
Okay, keep your opinion. (i just don't want to tart an arguement like Wii did)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »
He just went on these forums to cause arguments.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »
Well, I guess the first occurence was when I was about twelve.  I was surfing the internet until I found a site with various Mario fan art and game info(not this site).  At the time I had no idea it was Mario.  By the time I found out, I panicked.  It couldn't be Mario, it just seemed so wrong.  But I continued to look on, against my better judgement, and realized that it just felt so right.  I can recall countless nights I spent crying in bed, thinking, "I can't be a Mario fan, I just can't!"  I was horrified that my parents or friends would find out, and I tried to hide my feelings of delight when I'd shoot down multiple goombas in succession with fireballs.

Finally, the next year I told one of my friends.  She and I were just walking until it burst right out of me.  I started to run away, but I heard her call after me.  I just ran around a corner and sat on the ground, crying.  She found me right away and just held me.  I tried to tell her everything, but I don't think she even understood half of what I was saying, she just kept hugging me and telling me that it was alright.  I felt like a giant weight was lifted off my shoulders, being there with her.  After what must have been an hour, she confessed that she was a Mario fan too.  She explained that there was nothing wrong, as far as she could tell, with jumping a few goombas and ducking through warp pipes. 

Finally, I had a friend to talk to about our offbeat enjoyment.  But it wouldn't last long, as she told me that she was going to a different high school than I'd be going to the next year.  I felt alone again.  Before she left, on the last day of elementary school, I stood up and came out to everybody.  I had witnessed my friend being jostled by some meaner kids as she tried to play her Game Boy, and I couldn't take it anymore.  I stood atop the lunch table, and shouted out my true video game-based orientation.  There was a shocked silence..  My friend stood up and took my hand.  I pulled her up onto the table, and for second we gazed into each other's eyes.  Then, briefly, we kissed.  Everyone applauded.  It was the best day of my life.

After that, I decided that I wouldn't care what others felt about my enjoying a good Mario game from time to time.  If they didn't like how I lived my life, then they could just mind their own business.  I made lots of friends in high school who accepted me for who I am, and judging by the letters my old friend sends me, she's making true friends too.  I know that God loves me, no matter what game system I use, and I am happy.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »
...Either your life is very dramatic or you're a lunatic.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2006, 12:27:08 PM »
Or I was just kidding. XP

And both.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2006, 02:00:27 PM »
Crud, I was gonna use the same method you did....

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »
I started to like the Mario games because it was fun and exciting to play. My mom and dad got me the NES when I was 4 and I played SMB1, SMB2 & SMB3 like crazy. I love the Mario games even to this day, So I've been a SMB fan since 1992.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2006, 10:00:27 AM »
It was a dark and stormy night...

I played Super Mario Bros...the thunder was loud...I was three years old...

The end...

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2006, 10:06:31 PM »
It was destiny that is my reason, but my favorite and all ways will be my favorite character of the Mario World is....none other than Luigi. Luigi has allways been my favorite and will continue being my favorite character.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 10:07:54 PM by Ultima_Blade »
The following sentence below is a lie.
The following sentence above is the truth.

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2006, 05:13:17 PM »
For me, it all starts when my father got Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2 for the SNES. I was about three or so and when he played a Mario game (he also had a few others including SMW, SMAS and SMK), I was in love with all the colorful scenery and all the cute charcters (Yoshi being my favorite at the time). I (by mistake) actually crawled up to the SNES and pressed the eject button. Now keep in mind that I was about three-ish and I didn't have a lot of knowlege about electronic devices. Now lets go forward in time to the N64 release and SM64. That was when I fell truly in love with the Mario Universe. When I was looking at it, it felt like that it was almost excatly like our world (only pixelated and more colorful). We got an N64, but my father got some Star Wars Pod-Racing game, but fear not, we also got Mario Kart 64 a few months later. My mother played as Mario and my father played as Luigi (this tradition still continues to this day) and I usually played (during the late 90's time period) as Yoshi or Princess Peach (I also had a thing for the color pink), but I mostly played as the princess, Yoshi came later. It was then I got my first Mario bean bag doll (Luigi) at a dollar store (later on I'd get Yoshi, Mario and Bowser). Later on, we also got Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Party (1,2 and 3), Paper Mario and Super Mario 64. It was getting SM64 and Paper Mario that really brought me into the Mario World because playing them gave me so much enjoyment. Also we (at times) connected the SNES to the television set and when my friends were over, we'd sometimes play the SNES; taking turns on playing SMW and Yoshi's Island (sadly at this time, we lost SMK for some reason, but we still had that Mario spirit). Into the 21st century, I was becoming more and more into Mario and the world he lived in. When I got my Gamecube, I got Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Mario Sunshine. I got Mario Party (4, 5, 6 and 7), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Power Tennis, Luigi's Mansion and Wario World. Also at this time, I got my GBA (I actually begged to my parents for it) and Super Mario Advance. I've aslo collected the other Mario games for it. Into the years of the Nintendo DS, when I got it on Christmas, I enjoyed playing SM64DS to the brink and every Mario game that I hear about now, I make sure that I get my money and get it.

...And that's my story, but Mario also got me into playing Animal Crossing and my tradition of playing as Peach or Yoshi has been changed into playing as any of the other charcters. It's true, you fall deeper in love as you go along in life.         
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Print