Print

Author Topic: Why did you start liking Mario/Luigi games  (Read 16982 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
Ah yes the first time I played a Mario game, how I rember it so well despite it being so many years ago. I was at a friends house with him and several other friends of ours. After we had come in from a game of soccer my friend showed us his SNES and two of his games, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. We played them both to death, and the main reasons I lvoed them were that one, they were packed to the brim with action and explortion (something I know many young kids, teens and even adults crave) and two the chraming cast of colorful and crazy characters.  After that I begain to play all sorts of video games (including those featuring everyone's favorite black moustached plumber).

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:28 AM »
This are all very similar to how I got started too, I think my babysitter when I was like 3 or 4 brought her SNES over I distinctly remember Tetris and I think one of the Mario games. I have been hooked ever since.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 08:37:47 AM »
See, there are female gamers out there. :P  Most of us are just hiding.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »
I was a mario fan when I got my Nintendo DS and Super Mario 64 DS. Over the next 2 years, I became a Mario fan and now know pretty much everything about him.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »
Ha Ha!! I've been a longer mario fan than you have!! Seven Years and still counting!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 10:24:29 AM »
i do remember, i got smas for my snes (boo hoo...it doesn't work) its was awesome and i got hooked lol
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 02:21:08 AM »
Ha Ha!! I've been a longer mario fan than you have!! Seven Years and still counting!!

This is not a contest Sushieboy we respect all those who are Mario fans no matter how long they have known Mario for.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 02:48:58 AM »
Two words.

Mario Kart.

One of my favourite all-time games, and also one of my first. I never really got into video games at a younger age, and Mario Kart really stood out. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 04:04:50 AM »
Yes I also remember Mario Kart. It rocked then, It rocks now and it will always rock as long as they keep putting out good Mario Kart games

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »
My uncle had a snes and Super Mario RPG, and I think that was the first game I ever played. I never was very good and didn't get even close to beating it. Then for my 6th or 7th birthday my parents rented a N64 and Super Smash Bros. I beat that in like 2 hours. That's when I became a fan.

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
When I was a wee lad I would watch my oldest sister, my parents and my relatives play Dr. Mario on the NES. They would also occasionally play Super Mario Bros. Then my sister convinced my parents to buy her an SNES and both Super Mario World and Super Mario All Stars. It wasn't that combo pack with both in one cartridge though but that's beyond the point. So basically I just watched them play as a tyke then gave it a try when I was like 4 or so. I seriously sucked in SMAS but I absolutely ruled in SMW. So it was at that moment that I became a life long Nintendo fan, though I wouldn't really realize this until sometime in 2001.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »
The world of video games was never opened to me until I went over to my neighbor's house.  At the time I was around five or six.  My neighbor was a couple of years older than I (though it seemed like a lot older at the time) and I always loved to watch him play Super Mario 64.  I would just stare into the screen in amazement, and was greatly entertained.  I think my favorite part was when you'd jump into a painting and hear that catchy little melody, and then click which star you'd look for in that level only to hear Mario say "Lets-a go!"  But it wasn't only that, but most of all the characters!  They were all so creative, and extremely different.  At the time, my favorite characters were Bowser (being so huge and awesome) and Toad (being so small and friendly).         
And then my cousin got that Mario Paint game, and I became helplessly in love with the theme song. :-)
So, overall, I like the Mario games for the characters, the music, and the overall innocence.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 07:46:53 PM »
My first exposure to Mario: SMW as mentioned on one of my preveous posts.  I was still very little, and it was just a casual experience (although when I was brainstorming a cartoon about a family of foxes living on an abandoned farm, I had the Forest of Illusion theme in my head).  The exposure that led me to become a diehard Nintendo fan was Mario Kart 64.  The young man who would later on become my brother-in-law had an N64, and he'd let me play Mario Kart.  Due to my past Mario experience with SMW, I'd always play as Yoshi.  In fact, MK64 was one of the first games I bought when I finally got an N64.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 09:38:04 PM »
when i was in kindergarten i played super mario bros. i liked it but wasnt a fan. yoshi is what got me in to mario. i played super mario world and thought it was the best game ever. i still think it is.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:39:37 PM by rubberducky »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 03:57:46 PM »
It all started waaay back when I was only two(I am NOT kidding) years old. My family had an NES with quite a few games on it. Each of my family members had a liking for one game in particular. For my mother, it was Tetris and Dr.Mario. For my grandfather, it was Donkey Kong Classics and Wrecking Crew. For my aunt, it was Super Mario Bros. 3. Whenever some one played, I sat next to them and watched. No matter who was playing, or what game thay were playing, I was mesmerized. I fell in love with it, yet somehow, I felt as though I was not ready to take the controller in my own hands......

...Then we got a Super NES.By then, I was 3.6 and I could no longer stand it. I grabbed that controller and preceeded to own all at Super Mario World. Ever since then, I became immersed in a world of wonderous gaming pleasure. From SM64 to SMS, and everthing in between, I was a true blue fan of The Super Plumber. Oh, and let's not forget about all those other franchise I was led into, shall we?

*rambles on about how he became a fan of all those other franchises that he's currently a fan of*

Print