Print

Author Topic: Diddy Kong Racing for DS  (Read 4625 times)

« on: May 12, 2006, 09:47:43 PM »
Check this out. Diddy Kong Racing is back for the DS! I've never played the original game except maybe once a really long time ago, so I don't really know much about it, but it may be that there's some new stuff in this version.

Go here for a picture of the gameplay and a video!

http://ds.ign.com/objects/826/826996.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:49:49 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »
DKR has always been -- and will always be -- my favorite video game of all time.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »
i like diddy kong racing but its not as good as mario kart.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:37:25 PM »
DKR is STILL the only game I've obsessed over for any period of time that I STILL haven't beaten.

That game was awesome. And better than Mario Kart in several respects (track design, AI, gameplay modes, etc).
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 11:50:28 PM »
I absoultely adored DKR when it first came out, so this was quiet exicting news for me. It appears good old Conker has been replaced with Tiny Kong (possibly for legal issues). Now, the Mario Karts are quiet the racing games, but they pale in comparison to how good DKR. *Sigh* I still remember having childhood dreams of Nintendo and Rare making a DKR and MK crossover.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 12:16:27 AM »
DKR owns. I always use Diddy anyway, so the loss of Conker is no big deal for me.

DKR DS is very high on my list. And I have a long list.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 12:19:20 AM »
It would be really, REALLY cool if the other unique Kongs from DK64, Lanky and Chunky, appeared in this game also. DK64 is too great of a game for words; I only got a copy of it fairly recently, and already I've gotten more than 70 solid hours of gameplay out of it.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 09:30:05 AM »
We truly have been blessed. Thank the lord that Microsoft doesn't have a handheld.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »
I am usually Tip-Tup.

IS: You haven't beaten DKR? That is so sad.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 01:13:24 PM »
Yep. I was weaker in the plane than the car or Hovercraft (I'm AMAZING in the hovercraft) and could never beat the ultimate final race in the plane. In fact, I never got farther than 2 laps without falling hopelessly behind. The first car race was hard enough.
~I.S.~

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »
I bet the folks at DKVine are going ape (pun intended) over this.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 12:52:44 AM »
Best news of E3. MKDS enjoy your time on top while it lasts.

The half of DKR that IS couldn't beat is the easy half.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 06:22:18 AM »
Shh! Don't spoil the fun that lies ahead!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 08:46:52 AM »
"It appears good old Conker has been replaced with Tiny Kong (possibly for legal issues)."

I doubt that legal issues are entirely the reason, since Conker becoming a perverted, greedy, violent, swearing drunkard wouldn't exactly look "family friendly" when paired up with Diddy again.

Tiptup, though being a Rare owned character, appears on the map.  Banjo could be removed given his confirmed Xbox 360 release (even if Tiptup shows up, he'll likely be a minor NPC like the other Banjo games), but it looks like all the other characters are safe.

And a recent update to Rare's official website describes new characters, vehicle customization, and track creation.  Pretty major additions.  Here's to hoping that Dixie Kong's one of them.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »
TRACK CREATION? Awesome!!!

*is still hoping that Lanky and Chunky will appear*

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »
Track creation?! On a game that complex? Whoa...

Ya, I know about the "other half" of the game. I just never got the hang of the plane and thus couldn't beat the first half.
~I.S.~

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
I find plane easiest. It's funny when I pwn my friend and her sister in a plane. I sometimes divebomb them as well. Fun fun fun. :D

Track creation means I could make a Bowser Castle-esque track, or something? I loved the drawbridge. :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print