Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 119427 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #450 on: March 02, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »
Not like it's hard to make your own high density storage medium. What was wrong with GD-ROM, other than low durability? It held about as much as a GCN disc.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #451 on: March 02, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »
I'm just going to throw this one right out there: Why the HECK does everyone want to see Wart in a new game?

He does have the potential to be unique, you know. Why the HECK do some people never see potential when it's there?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #452 on: March 02, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
Why do people want to see Cloud freaking Strife in it?  As far as I know, he has never appeared on a Nintendo console EVER.  A Chocobo has better odds of getting into Smash than Cloud.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #453 on: March 02, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »
As far as I know, he has never appeared on a Nintendo console EVER.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. However, as I said in that SMRPG sequel thread, that shouldn't be enough to get him in a Mario game - or in a Smash Bros. game.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #454 on: March 02, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
I'm not even sure he appeared in that GBA game.

...Wikipedia makes no mention of him.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #455 on: March 02, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »
^ Wikipedia doesn't make mention of a lot of things.

Toon Sheik just doesn't make sense, Tetra would have made it instead.
Especially since Toon Sheik has never existed, would have no reason to exist (or even realistically exist therein), and no "new" characters have ever been fighters in Smash Bros.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #456 on: March 02, 2008, 01:50:18 PM »
The Sheik in Brawl does not exist outside of it, either. And, one could say that R.O.B. is a Subspace Emissary character. Heck, you could say that Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Lucario are specifically Smash characters--they're no specific beings, so... And Mr. Game & Watch is sort of a compilation of all Game & Watch characters bound up into one man.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:56:45 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #457 on: March 02, 2008, 02:00:33 PM »
master hand.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #458 on: March 02, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »
master hand.
I would like to play as either master hand or crazy hand.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #459 on: March 02, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
Let's not forget Giga Bowser.

Really, SSB has had original characters since the beginning, it's not far fetched to expect them, Still, I don't advocate them.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
I have always wanted Paper Mario in smash. i mean come on! It would be awesome! I already have a movelist for him.

B move: Hammer Throw: would go straight. You could charge it up for more damage.

Side B move: That move from the first game..... where you spin around.... what do you call it? Well anyway every now and then It can dizzy your opponents if you make contact with them.

Up B move: Airplane Flight, Paper Mario folds up into a plane a soars the sky for a bit!

Down B move: Boomer. PM places Boomer on the floor and waits for him to explode.

It would be very fun to put in elements form all games into his moveset. Like his Down smash can be a Quake Hammer move. Or his down smash in the air can be a ground pound. his final smash could be Him grabbing a Mega Star and turning into that pixelated Giant Mario! He would be faster, a higher jumper, lighter, and slightly weaker version of Mario. Lol I think i went to far with this but who agrees?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »
The only thing wrong with your idea was saying "lol."

I could definitely imagine a Paper Mario if Game & Watch and Dr. Mario have been or are characters.

« Reply #463 on: March 02, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »
What I would like to see is a set of characters that are deliberately better than all of the others, and can be used for epic fights (banned in tournaments, though). Giga Bowser, Master Hand, Ridley, Taboo... matching three normal characters against Ridley to take him down would be incredible, plus people would have no reason to whine that Ridley isn't playable and they'd have no reason to whine that he's downsized/underpowered.

Here'd be my list of 'uber' characters:

Master Hand
Crazy Hand (slight clone to Master Hand)
Giga Bowser (clone of Bowser)
Ridley
Taboo (if he's in the next Smash)
Ganon
Mewtwo (make him far more powerful than in Melee and he could pwn)
Andross (meh I'm running out of ideas)
Dr. Robotnik

Possibly more; may seem like a stupid idea, but it would make for some very interesting bouts...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #464 on: March 03, 2008, 06:12:47 AM »
Unfortunately, if Robotnik ever got in, they would give him his Eggman name.  I know Eggman is his original name, but it just doesn't deliver the same threat levels as Robotnik
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print