Print

Author Topic: Is Game Boy dead?  (Read 29385 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2006, 11:55:04 PM »
MetroidKilla: w00t anuther 1 ded
MetroidKilla: i have n emportent ?
Samus81: wat
MetroidKilla: wil u merry me
Samus81: no wai
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2006, 12:36:54 AM »
LOL

yes, that was a post
That was a joke.

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2006, 09:32:12 PM »
I know this has already been said, but the SP is the newest Nintendo hand held model that can play all the Game Boy games. The micro only plays GBA games. Therefore, solely for those reasons, I feel that the SP is the best version of the Game Boy thus far and that the micro is useless. However, if the micro played all the Game Boy games, I would favor the micro, BUT I would still hold the SP in high regards.

« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2006, 09:43:26 PM »
I know this has already been said...

Reply #106 on: August 19, 2006, 01:36:54 am

Reply #107 on: November 25, 2006, 09:32:12 pm

With my times, of course...

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2006, 08:04:22 PM »
I realized that there was a 3 month difference between mine and the last poster's posts. However, I did not revive/bump a "dead" topic, since people can still instill their input into this topic. So, therefore, I don't want an impression given that I am trying to be an annoying member who bumps old "useless" topics.

I know that you felt it was right to point out the date difference, and I don't blame you a single bit, but please just see this my way and let's go on with the topic.

Now to get back on said topic: I was just playing Super Mario Bros. DX on my Game Boy Advance SP earlier today for about an hour and fifteen minutes (I was trying to get the high score "badge" in challenge mode for 8-4, which I finally got after dying 100+ times [my score was 18,500].). My point is, you cannot do that on the DS (as well as the micro for that matter), so therefore the Game Boy line still isn't dead to me.

« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2006, 04:15:08 AM »
I felt sorry for your crusade, so I have something to add along those lines.  The Game Boy line will never be dead to me for at least one reason:  I plan on buying four matching SP's with the new, bright screens, and setting up a PacMan Vs. Station somewhere in the world.

Come to think of it, I would prefer the SP's not match each other.  I'd like a red, yellow, green, and blue--with a black GameCube.  Purple might be all right, too.  Anyway, that would be right nice of them to make those colors for me.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2006, 06:36:09 AM »
yes
Acid reflux is not good for your esophagus....but NEXIUM is!

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2006, 09:55:32 PM »
The DS is basically a GameBoy. Sure, it can only play DS and GBA games, but most people that have the older games have at least one older system anyway. When the DS first came out, I didn't even realize it wasn't "the new GameBoy".

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2006, 10:29:16 PM »
Your post confuses me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Sqrt2

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2006, 04:20:36 AM »
I still use my 'old' GBA SP regularly and intend to do so for many years to come. I gonna complete both the Blue and Silver versions of pokemon even if it kills me!!
AA fanboy and proud!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »
What is it with all these people saying the DS is a Game Boy? It's a DS! Really, don't you think that Nintendo would've called it a Game Boy if they intended it to be so. The SNES played Game Boy games with the use of the Super Game Boy. Does that make it a Game Boy? The GameCube plays GBA games with the Game Boy Player, and last time I checked, it's not a Game Boy. Heck, the Wii can play GameCube games without any add-ons, and it's not a GameCube. See my point?

In addition, the DS has a touch screen, six buttons, and Wi-Fi capabilities. That makes it about as different from the Game Boy as can be. Now, I have nothing against the Game Boy or DS (in fact, I really want Nintendo to make a new Game Boy), but they're two different systems. Yes, they're both portable and by Nintendo, but that's about the only similarities.
every

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »
The DS is basically a GameBoy. Sure, it can only play DS and GBA games, but most people that have the older games have at least one older system anyway. When the DS first came out, I didn't even realize it wasn't "the new GameBoy".

Dude, the DS has a lot of other features that diferenciate it from a regular Game Boy. Other than the obvious differences, like the two extra buttons, the second screen, the touch screen, the microphone and the built-in wireless multiplayer, but it also has entirly different hardware, the 3D visuals (the GBA had mode 7, which technically is 3D, but less detailed than the DS), the built-in Wi-Fi for online play, the ability to use DS opition packs and the fact it doesn't have the Z80 processor required to play GB and GBC games.

Just because it's a portable system made by Nintendo, doesn't automatically put it under the Game Boy brand.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2006, 08:18:04 PM »
So what do you want from a new GameBoy then? A portable Nintendo system that's worse than the DS? That doesn't have extra buttons, wifi, etc? What would be the point? I guess in that sense, the GameBoy is dead.

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2006, 08:38:12 PM »
So what do you want from a new GameBoy then? A portable Nintendo system that's worse than the DS? That doesn't have extra buttons, wifi, etc? What would be the point? I guess in that sense, the GameBoy is dead.

What do you mean by, " A portable Nintendo system that's worse than the DS"? Are you incinuating the DS is bad? It's your opinion, yes, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but could you elaberate on your opinion?

As for a new gameboy, I don't know. FYI, the GBA is still partially alive. It still has some life ahead of it. Making a new Gameboy to go with the DS would be pointless, and would make Nintendo look greedy ("Hey, check out the new Game Boy! We're still making DS games, but because we want your money, we're gonna release two handhelds so you can buy games for both!)
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
Is Game Boy dead?

Who is Game Boy? When did he die? I don't remember this user being on the FF, but I do send my condolences (sp?).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print