Print

Author Topic: GlorbWare now open!  (Read 5945 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 01:11:12 AM »
Hmm... which file format is it? If it still doesn't upload, I'd try using Imageshack/Photobucket.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 08:28:51 AM »
That's the thing; whenever I try uploading a file from anywhere to an image-hosting site, it just won't let me. But how do I attach an aimage directly to the forums, if I can?
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 06:02:10 PM »
One thing: No .BMPs. I used to think "dang, why not?" before I discovered the fabulous world of .PNGs.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 07:11:22 PM »
Oh, heh. Boy, is my face red. Thank you. I decided to add some last-minute airbrushing to make my logo look, you know, passable.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 08:38:22 PM »
Slogans... Slogans...
Get to Glorbing!
If it's not Glorb, it's not GlorbWare.
The Glorbiest!
It's more than a way of life. It's a way of Glorb.
Get your Glorb on.
Yeah, they're pretty bad... they sound better than they look. Check it out:
Edit: Hey, why don't you go ahead and make Exploding Barrels? It'd be great!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:41:27 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »
Exelarate your Glorb!
got glorb?
GlorbWare is glorbtastic!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 12:02:05 AM »
Oh, heh. Boy, is my face red. Thank you. I decided to add some last-minute airbrushing to make my logo look, you know, passable.

Maybe that font with the Glorb-y substance filled in? What was the name of the font (if you didn't design it from scratch)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 09:41:04 AM »
It's from almost-scratch - I took some letters from the Metal Slug logo (the big W is the biggest culprit), modified some for letters that don't exist in that logo, then put it on a black background and did some airbrushing in an old fake-Photoshop program (not as good, but it got the job done).
I think maybe I'd use the green logos for the more casual or comedic games (basically the main games), then for the few serious games I'd use the rust/stone one.
And I don't think I'll make a real Exploding Barrels game; most of the humor comes from the fact that the genre of the games is never revealed. Although I might make an homage to them in one of my games.
every

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 09:32:52 AM »
Glorb, I would like you to publish some of my upcoming games!

I have Robo and Pals, a futuristic platformer, Swords In Combat a side-scrolling beat 'em up, and Water Ballons, a Bomberman rip-off.

I'm sure GlorbWare will take care of these games, no?

Anyway, my developement team name is
Omega Factor Software
and our slogan?
The Omega To Your Alpha

ANd because you are pretty good at Paintshop-clones, (Which I am not, check out my ridiculous Robo Logo soon), you could do the box art.

Most Wishy-Washy

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 08:19:18 AM »
I'd love to! I just need to see the games and a little more information on the plot and so forth (so I can do a good logo, box cover, etc.), and I'd be glad to publish them.
every

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »
Okay, sure!
Swords in Combat and Water Balloons are still in development,
but
Robo and Pals are out of the beta stage, and just need a few fine-tuning.
I must warn you, Robo and Pals is my first game made, so it may not be up to your standards of games.
Anyway, its a 3P game, so just read the Help file (press F1 after playing).
Its made by GameMaker by the way.
What software are you using?
Most Wishy-Washy

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »
Ooh, 3-player! I love 3P games!
I'm using mostly Game Maker for the graphical games - there's just one big problem. Somehow, I was never able to get the full version (some problem with my computer), meaning I'm stuck with the demo version. So that means the abilities are crippled, and they have the Game Maker logo on them. But I'm working on it.
In the meantime, I use the Inform programming language for the Interactive Fiction games (you'll need a Z-Code interpreter for it to play) and maybe, just maybe, I might force myself to get Flash and learn how to use it. Maybe.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 10:22:41 AM »
Hey, guess what? The GlorbWare website is open (though under construction)! Play the demo here: glorbware.tripod.com
every

Print