Print

Author Topic: Video Game Bargains  (Read 4767 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:38:49 AM »
In this thread you can tell the FF about a huge discounts on games. I remember, in 2003. I got a NEW, SEALED, Copy of paper Mario for 11 DOLLARS!!! I got it at Toys R Us. i was lucky. Have you had any lucky game bargains?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 12:45:54 AM »
A pikachu N64 with the keychain for $25. This was also at Toys-R-us. They're good with bargains.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:10:33 AM »
Those are some pretty good bargains.  If free stuff is against the rules, my best deal was my NES.  I found it through the classifieds for $25.  It had obviously been taken very well care of and came with 17 games--all good except a few.  There was also a Game Genie, extra controllers, the zapper, and plenty of hook-ups.  On top of that, all the games had boxes and instructions except one.  Anyway, I feel really lucky to have found this when I did.  When I went to pick it up, the people were so nice...

If free stuff counts, I got a butt-kicking Mario Kart stylus from Luigison in a FF contest.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:44:24 PM »
I think the best bargain I got was a used GBA in not-so-bad condition that came with a rechargable battery and LoZ: Oracle of Seasons for 60 bucks.

The WORST buy I have ever made on a video game was Pokemon Stadium for 60 bucks. I got that game and realized it was pretty much 3-D battles in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/You name it, except without the fun. The minigames kept me occupied for a while, I admit, and I became a pro at the Ratatta race one and the one where you fling Ekanses to ring them on random popping Digletts, whack-a-mole style. Played it for a while and forgot about it, then sold it to my brother for like 3 bucks.

My best FREE item(s) was definitely my Xbox/GBA SP. I got them for winning a magazine sale fundraiser at school in 6th grade. I was one happy, happy kid.

I have a proposition: People can also post about upcoming sales in different national chains, to inform fellow gamers about good buys on good games. I'm always looking for a bargain and I think this thread would help me a lot.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »
I love Trade and Play stores.  Their prices are low and the staff are very helpful.

I think the best bargain I got was a used GBA in not-so-bad condition that came with a rechargable battery and LoZ: Oracle of Seasons for 60 bucks.

Pretty much how I got mine, but I think it came with LoZ: Link to the Past/4 Swords.  Oh, and no rechargable battery.
-------------

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:33:51 AM »
I found an Atari 2600 with Pitfall and Pitfall II: Lost Caverns by 11 Euros.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 02:06:33 PM »
I found my Pokemon Snap on the street.

Well, after I knocked down the kid who was carrying it...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 07:08:42 PM »
You're mean....

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 09:07:46 PM »
Probably the best one period was a deal of of a garage sale, I haggled the price of SMA from $30.00 to $15.00. :)
I'm a horrible person.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 10:41:03 PM »
You're mean....

You're right, but I was only joking about knocking over a kid to get Pokemon Snap.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 12:31:25 AM »
I usually wait a season to get my MLB games. This way it's about $20 instead of $50. I almost always get my games at Circuit City, for the record, but I have bought a few online through Amazon as well.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 09:25:44 AM »
Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Power Tennis, and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, for just about 40 dollars total.

My Gamecube for 100$.

The Sims 2 for 45$.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for 5$.

Civilization III for 5$.

Five Below sells games, like my CivIII, for 5$!
You just can't refund.

Funcoland gives you the worst bargains.
We bought a PS2 controller, which was in semi-good condish, but had a value of 5$ at EBGames and GameStop.

I got Mario Kart 64, Mario Golf, Pokemon Snap, Extreme-G, and Madden 1996 for free.

Yeah. I feel good.
Most Wishy-Washy

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »
I don't think we have a funcoland in our state, so i don't know about thier bargains....

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 01:09:03 PM »
I got an old N64 Blast Corps game at a garage sale for $3, but I sold the game after about 6 months.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »
I usually buy games when the come out, so I never really notice any possible bargains.

dude677, the $ goes in front of the numbers.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print