Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 30194 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2007, 04:47:09 PM »
Zelda 2 as in LoZ:LA?  I looove that game but it's dang hard.  I can only get to Ganon's Castle with almost no life left. Anyway, on the subject of this topic...

Pocket SNES + GBA Flash Cart + SMRPG Rom = SMRPG on your GBA/DS! Tada!

But I own SMRPG for SNES so I don't need that!  Hahaha.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »
And it's not like the emulation is good enough to let you play SMRPG (at least properly).
And no, Link's Awakening is not Zelda II.
That was a joke.

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
From the context, I'm guessing they meant "Link's Adventure", which is completely screwing up the title but closer than mistaking the entire game for Link's Awakening.

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »
What the dukar?

The games that have been remade:

-SMB2
-SMW
-YI
-SMB3
-MB
-SM64

There you do.

Super Mario All*stars was a remake of the first 3 Mario games (SMB, SMB2, and SMB3) with updated graphics. Since then, each game has been remade numerous times..

MB- updated graphics, came with every Mario Advance game, and Superstar Saga.
SMB- has been on the Gameboy Color, the GBA, Gamecube (Animal Crossing), the first level was redone for Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3, and the Wii (Virtual Console). It has yet to recieve a remake like the other titles have.
SMB2- remade for GBA
SMB3- remade for GBA, special features added with Ereader
SMW- remade for GBA
YI- remade for GBA
SM64- remade for DS, appears on the Wii (VC)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2007, 12:40:02 AM »
Whoops, it's been a while since I played that.  I meant AoL but LA is fun too :)  Besides, AoL sounds like the popular ISP...  (My terminology screw-ups drive Chupperson insane.  Oh, and I have the gold cartridge version of AoL.)

Anyway, the emulation is good enough, just not perfect.  If someone who's good at programming for GBA wanted to try to port it, I'm sure it would take a lot less time than actually waiting for Nintendo to listen to the petitions and make a GBA/DS version.  Nintendo would probably screw up SMRPG with those annoying "new" bits and horrible voiceovers anyway...
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2007, 01:57:01 AM »
Hmmm... But what if they didn't screw up and Mallow and Geno got GOOD voice actors?
At any rate, I'm left with the hollow feeling between "Aww man, my GBA Movie Player doesn't open ROMs that large so I cannot use PocketSNES" and "I knew it wouldn't work." It is cold. Getting one of those flash cards would be really worth it though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2007, 02:37:30 PM »
Toad, SMW was re-done in another SMA treatment, it had a diffrent luigi! It had the SMB trilogy and SMW!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2007, 05:52:12 PM »
Are you referring to The Super Mario Advance series or Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World? The SMAs didn't include SMB.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2007, 10:46:50 PM »
Also Fwirt... where is your proof that SMRPG, being one of the more complex SNES titles, has been successfully emulated on GBA? I'm really quite sure SNES->GBA emulation is nowhere near that good yet.
And your suggestion of a homebrew port makes me want to scream out in laughter, also. I mean, it might theoretically work with enough people working on it, but stuff like that really usually doesn't happen.

And what does porting have to do with emulation?
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »
The Super Mario All-star's treatment!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2007, 07:40:07 PM »
Also Fwirt... where is your proof that SMRPG, being one of the more complex SNES titles, has been successfully emulated on GBA? I'm really quite sure SNES->GBA emulation is nowhere near that good yet.
And your suggestion of a homebrew port makes me want to scream out in laughter, also. I mean, it might theoretically work with enough people working on it, but stuff like that really usually doesn't happen.

Good point, I hadn't really checked out SNES -> GBA that much.  I just saw it and went, "OOOooooo"
I homebrew port might work.....  If all the whining people actually worked on it.  Soooo many people have signed those dang petitions, but no one seems to want to do anything about it...

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2007, 04:49:49 AM »
Link, Samus, F-Zero and Star Fox all make cameo appearances. Link's is pretty awesome. Samus makes two cameos, actually. If yu don't like spoilers, PLAY THE GAME!!! You'll kick yourself for not doing it before!

Refresh my memory on this F-Zero and Star Fox cameo.

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2007, 09:38:41 AM »
Refresh my memory on this F-Zero and Star Fox cameo.
Hinopio's Inn-shop inside the volcano. There are F-Zero vehicles on the shelf.
No idea on Starfox though.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »
There's an Arwing along with the F-Zero vehicles, if I'm not mistaken.

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »
Ah, yes. It is so.

Print