Poll

Should I Sell my Original DS and Buy a DS Lite?

Of course, you idiot!
7 (30.4%)
I would
1 (4.3%)
You could if you wanted to
12 (52.2%)
Don't do it
3 (13%)
Stop right there, imbecile!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Should I Pack Liter?  (Read 11205 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 08:59:21 PM »
Get a lite my friend. You won't regret it at all.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »
 I agrree! You people should use my "Portable remake theory" It's like: every time nintendo makes a portable system, don't get it!! Eventually they WILL release a new and improved version! It's happened every time! So, to avoid any mistakes, always follow that theory! And Kojinka, i respect that, but mabye if your DS wasn't special to you, you'd sell it for a DS lite! You wouln't regret it! It's like: the DS screens are wearing glasses, and everything is brighter and more clear!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »
No, I'd still keep it even if it wasn't special to me.  If I had, like, $500-to-600, and if my DS wasn't so special to me, I'd consider selling it for a DS Lite.  So, the only circumstance, in which I'll ever get a DS Lite, is if my DS 'fat' was no longer functional for some reason.  Don't get any ideas, SushieBoy. :P

For Nintendo's next portable, I think may follow your theory.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »
I find the original model is just as "Portable" as the Lite.

Then again, all the pairs of pants I own have huge pockets....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 01:15:43 AM »
The DS Lite to the DS is like SSBM to SSB. Once you play the new version, you can never go back. It just destroys the old one's enjoyability with its goodness.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 01:30:46 AM »
That's a pretty drastic comparison right there, LD.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 01:33:26 AM »
Uh...Not really.
The DS is like 56 kbps Dial up and the lite is like 256 kbps DSL. The first was good at a time, but after you go to the second one, you can never go back.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 05:24:31 AM »
So, any more takers for my theory?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 08:31:06 AM »
That's still a very drastic comparison.  Even though SSBM is one of my favorite games of all time, and is much bigger then SSB, SSB will always have a place in my heart.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »
While I suggest getting a Lite, I'd wait for a graphite black one.  My Blue DSphat's screens look bigger and clearer than my platinum one.  I know it's an optical illusion, but still. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 11:31:34 AM »
This discussion reminded me:  I had the opportunity to play on a DS Lite a while back and, while the screen quality really impressed me, there was something in the design that made me cringe.  Something important.  And now I can't remember what it was, but it was just enough to tip the scales back to, "Eh, whatever."

It wasn't how the GBA games stick out.  It wasn't that it was too small... I want to say it had something to do with the L & R buttons, but I don't recollect...

Also, Luigison, I heard there are two types of DS screens among the regular DS's.  Maybe that would explain the clarity part of the illusion, at least.  Check GameFAQ's; they've got some info.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 01:45:30 PM »
If you buy a Lite but keep the old DS, you'd be able to easily play multiplayer against other people who don't have a DS.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »
Being the Smash nut I am, I have to say I will still play Super Smash Bros. with friends (and still win :), but Melee is much better, and it's hard to go from dodging attacks and charging smash attacks to roll dodges only and regular smash attacks.

I repect all of the feedback I have gotten. Thank you, LD, for getting rid of most of the doubts I had, as the only DS game I own is Mario Kart DS (yeah, only one DS game :( ) and it appears that the Lite is far superior to the DS. SushieBoy, your theory is obselete, as it states that you shouldn't get any portable system.
You people should use my "Portable remake theory" It's like: every time nintendo makes a portable system, don't get it!! Eventually they WILL release a new and improved version!
Nintendo always releases another portable, and based on your theory, they will keep makng better and better ones. This means you shouldn't get one at all. You also state that everyone should get a DS Lite, even thought your theory appears to say you shouldn't. I think you should change your opinion.

Robert, I have to say that your first post would only strengthen a decision to buy a Lite. you listed all of the good things about the Lite. Not a very supportive argument for the "don't get a Lite" side.

After all of these comments, Smash ones included, I plan on actually giving my friend my old DS (with a little fee ;) and buying a DS Lite all on my own, as I expect I will receive $199.50 + for my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, based on the newest prices (it seems that the normal rate for Yu-Gi-Oh! cards is half of the lowest selling price). Wish me luck with this matter. I have decided that I will "Pack Liter," and not lighter fluid.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 06:22:16 PM by Mr.Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006, 03:10:58 PM »
...Man, that $200 would look really good in your wallet on Wii day.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006, 08:05:28 PM »
I think I didn't type this right, what I ment was: Whenever Nintendo releases thier next portable, don't get it just yet! They will release a better and improved version, then you can get it! It's happened every time! hasn't it?

Print