Poll

Should I Sell my Original DS and Buy a DS Lite?

Of course, you idiot!
7 (30.4%)
I would
1 (4.3%)
You could if you wanted to
12 (52.2%)
Don't do it
3 (13%)
Stop right there, imbecile!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Should I Pack Liter?  (Read 11216 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
But that's not always the best thing to do. I prefer the GBA over the SP or the Micro. Besides, nobody wants to wait 2 years to play the awesome launch titles.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 08:43:15 PM »
The're weren't any good launch titles for GBA!! Mabye not MK:SS, same for DS, exept SM64 DS.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »
When was the DS Lite released? June 11th... That instantly kills your ability to get Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Kirby Canvas Curse, New Super Mario Bros., Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, and a whole lot more I don't feel like naming on their release days, or even close afterward (something people who truly want them do). What a waste of Christmas 2004 and 2005! Anyhow... I have no complaints or regrets with my DS, and I'm glad I got it when I did. I mean, I was dying to have one befotre it was even out, imagine how mad I'd've gone waiting for it 2 years following. Patience is something I don't like having to deal with... =D
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »
I've seen EVERY SINGLE game you posted in local Wal-marts, GameStops, Targets, EB Games, Intenet shops, Net Zero, and many other places I don't feel like naming, you fail, BP.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
That's not what I'm trying to say. What I mean is, I hate it when I'm here, and everyone but me is talking about how great this one game is, and oh let's exchange friend codes, and oh how did you make use of this feature, and oh did you see what happens at the end when...
So you have to just sit there while people around you buy games you can't play because you're waiting for a new model of the system to be released. And as I said with the GBA, the newer models weren't any better than the original (in my eyes). And as I said before, there go two Christmases that you could've gotten games (or the system itself) out of. Birthdays, too. If you were intending on getting the second DS model for Christmas, you're still in line right now! I'm not saying your method is bad, I'm just saying it isn't good for me.

Edit: Wait, Wal-Mart?! That completely changes the subject. You fail.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
Okay, mabye you are not the patient person, But you my man, are a Bird Person!!! Ah well, I know how you feel, So mabye you aren't the right kind of person for my theory. But remeber, IT'S TRUE!!!!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »
I didn't get a GBA till a year after its release.  I heard, at the time, that the next Pokemon games (R/S) were gonna be on the GBA.  Those two games didn't come out in the U.S. till about a year after I got my GBA.  Did I complain? No.  I was finally able to trade Pokemon.

I tried to be patient with NSMB, but, as BP said, people who got the game were always talking about it.  Also, I read so many good reviews
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 06:56:51 PM »
Eh, the DS Lite is pretty good, but if you already have a DS, it's not 100% neccessary to get one. Of course, you'll probably get a somewhat small amount of money for your DS if you sell it (I sold an extra one I had recently, and I got only about fifty bucks in store credit).
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 07:35:17 PM »
I have a new dilemma: I have a gift card for the mall. Should I use it for Wii when it comes out or should I use it for my Lite? I've been giving this some thought, as I could get Wii earlier at the mall than, say, Toys R Us, but I don't want to pay much more. What should I do now?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
Yes, I urge you to get the DS Lite and to get as many people as you can to do that, so that the price of the original DS lowers faster and I can get one for less.

I don't care much for the newer versions of the same thing.  I never got a GBASP, I just bought a used GBA, and I don't mind having to play it in the light.  I only half-want to eventually get a normal DS. 
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »
Sounds like you don't really want to buy a DS, Markio...

I tell you what, though. I consider the $150 I spend for my DS to be the best $150 I ever spent, even now that it has lowered in price. And now that it's about $30 less, what does that tell you? Pretty much that you should buy a DS, I think.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »
Well then I'm guessing you didn't buy a DS Lite and therefore don't want one, or else you did spend money on it but you consider the money you spent on it to be not as good as the money you spent on your original DS!  Am I right?  Just kidding, sort of.

It's not that I don't want a DS, I just don't care enough to spend money on any more video game systems.  I'm kinda nervous about spending money except maybe on books.  And besides, The N64 and GBA and GCN are still very fun to me.  I don't want to spend money right now on leisure activities when I should be growing up and learning to manage money and getting a job and going to college and studying seriously in a profession I want to have a future career in -- but enough about me, we all know how I sound really serious but then act all goofabulous when talking about life.  Besides, this is a thread over whether he should get the DS Lite instead of his DS.

Apparently the DS Lite offers the advantages of being smaller and having a brighter screen.  If your original DS is too big for you or if it's hard for you to see the screen, you should probably just get something more convenient, like the DS Lite.  On the other hand, There is no disadvantage to just having a DS.  I never switched to GBASP from GBA and I didn't suffer.  I've played the GBASP, and I didn't really think it was superior, just different.  you should test out a DS Lite, and see if you like the changes from the original DS, and then decide.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »
There is a disadvantage to never upgrading. You will only ever see the games in their horrible soot-covered versions, and never know the true beauty that lies beneath the soot.

I noticed my DS Lite has a rougher screen than the original DS. The Lite feels a bit gritty and the original was silky smooth (but looked shimmery, whereas the Lite's does not).

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006, 10:52:18 AM »
It's true! I recently upgraded in response to a dying/dead R button, and the internal case, comparitively, is like sandpaper.

It's definitely a step up from the regular DS, so I say this again: If you can sell your original DS, get a DS Lite. Its beauty is a thing of marvel. I can't stop staring at it...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »
The one major problem with the DS Lite's outer case is that it collects fingerprints faster than Mario can grab coins. But it can be easily wiped off.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print