Print

Author Topic: The Wii: A System that will revolutionize gaming to a whole new level.  (Read 10090 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »
Those are some pretty terrible metaphors. I mean, what do Pinky & The Brain, Pepsi and Weird Al have in common?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »
They were all used in Glorb's post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 01:13:23 AM »
two words EXORCISE MACHINE that is all
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 06:05:38 AM »
Exorcise machine? You mean having a Wii gets rid of evil spirits and the like?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 01:52:24 PM »
How the crap can the Wii be used as a Exorsice Machine?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 03:52:30 PM »
two words EXORCISE MACHINE that is all

Fie in a dire.

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 04:01:42 PM »
Die-Stay-Go

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »
If the title of this topic is true, then why do I hear so many people online say that it will fail?  Are the games too kiddy?  Or are a lot of "mature" gamers out there the kind that think that only playing GTA and other titles of that nature make them mature?  Or that playing any game with a bright background makes them gay?  Then you have the fanboys.  This is self explanatory.  The guys that say "This system will suck because it's from this company."  I don't get it.  Wii Tennis looks like a total blast, it actually brings you into the game.  I have a friend who got one, and he says it's amazing.  I have another friend who's maybe getting one for Christmas.  Needless to say, I think I know where I'll be spending some time over break.  Anyway, I think I just gave myself a big reason to go and buy one...if I had the money.  So, enjoy the Wii.
I myself actually haven't heard any criticism at all for the Wii, since its launch. Though, I personally hate the idea of Wii sports though. It's basically like playing real sports except you aren't getting any exercise. So, if I wanna play sports I'll go outside. However, I still think the system has huge potential. Zelda TP looks like it will be bloody good fun, and FPS look like they'd be fun on this system. The kiddy accusations are kind of true since it was the only system to launch without a title rated "M".

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 07:04:37 PM »
...Except for the fact that Wii Sports is easy while real sports require way more skill and work.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »
Wii Sports is a good substitute for when you can't go and play for real.
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 08:58:08 PM »
And if you want to box without one of those REAL broken noses.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »
sry i have crappy spellind what i ment to say was WEIGHT LOSS MACHINE`
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »
That's comedy gold right there. I'm not even gonna make a joke.

But I think, in regards to the "kiddy/not kiddy" remarks, a lot of people are missing the point. I have never heard anyone, not my friends, or any magazine or TV show, say that the Wii is for kids because no GTA or M-rated games are coming out for it. First off, a GTA game would suck on the Wii because they have a control scheme pretty much designed from the ground up for the PS2, and to an extent Xbox, controller. The game would be unplayable unless it was simplified into...well, almost a kids' game, but with drugs and violence and carjackings. And second, Far Cry: Vengeance (the umpteenth remake of Far Cry, now on Wii) is coming out for the Wii, and that's going to be mighty violent. But still, that doesn't effect anything. I mean, the iPod hasn't had any M-rated games out for it; does that make it for kids? No. And of course, no one thinks that.
every

Print