Print

Author Topic: Cheat codes  (Read 10371 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
Yeah, I have the game... It's called DK mode, but it just enlarges the head, hence, big head mode.

It also does the limbs, hence, DK mode.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 04:22:24 PM »
Well, a cheat I really want to love is the Super Drive-By Shooting code in GTA: San Andreas. It changes the driving controls so that you can manually aim and shoot while driving, thus making missions like "Wrong Side of the Tracks" more easy. Sadly, it makes your vehicle go really slowly, and your bullets mysteriously never hit anything, making the code pretty much utterly useless.

As for the best code ever, I'd have to say Dog mode from Rise of the Triad. I mean, c'mon! It's like God mode, except you're a dog!
every

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 07:23:38 PM »
Well, there are a number of cheat codes that have always stuck in my mind for various reasons.  The first was a password for the Sega Master System (SMS) game "Golvellius".  In the game, you have to go through seven dungeons to defeat seven boses, after which you can purchase seven magical crystals that permit you to enter the last level.

But the password
Code: [Select]
SEGA SEGA SEGA SEGA
SEGA SEGA SEGA SEGQ
started the game from a debug file, where SOME of the bosses and crystals were taken care of, but SOME (like the second) had the crystal yet unbought, and SOME (like the first) had the boss completely undefeted.  The rest of the file was also consistently inconsistent like that.

Next, we have the SMS game "Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap", which had a notorious debug code
Code: [Select]
3YGU PYZ ZY7K NRRWhich allows the player to be play as Wonder Boy's human form (normally impossible past the first part of the game), and gives the player all weapons, armor, and shields, as well as an obscene amount of gold and infinite magic.

The best part of the code, though, is that you can FIND it in the game's instruction book, in a screenshot that shows how, in the game, you retrieve a password.

Then we have another SMS game, "Quartet".  I don't remember the exact code, but my older brother was playing around, making up fake codes:  "Then I push pause 3 times, reset twice, hold up-left and 2 on controller 2 and... Hey! That wasn't supposed to work!"  The code opened up a little bonus stage that was played before the main game.

And finally, this last one is a code that I had heard of once as a li'l-un, and since have doubted that it was even real.
Until hunted it down just now:
http://www.defunctgames.com/shows.php?id=feuds-41
(read down, it's not about Wind Waker).

...and those are all the most memorable codes to me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 07:26:27 PM by Fifth »
Go Moon!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 09:20:52 AM »
I can't remember specifics, but there was some N64 game (a racing game of some sort) I was playing before. Anyhoo, I tried skipping a coring cutscene by tapping A (I'm impatient), and when the game started, it was totally different. Not a minigame, but apparently a full-blown extra game with something like five levels of third-person shooter fun. It wasn't the most sophisticated extra game, but I'm surprised they managed to fit that much extra junk on one cartridge.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 02:11:57 PM »
Anybody remember that lock-on catridge from Sega, it was only compatible with Sonic 2 and 3, with a other game, the cast of the early Sonic Games should appear, posing wierdly, with the words "NO WAY!" On the top, but, if you press A,B, and C at the same time (I can't remember the code, but it's something like that) It should make a minigame appear.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 03:10:34 PM »
That would be the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge.  With Sonic 2, you can play as Knuckles in the games.  With Sonic 3, you can play Sonic 3 the way it was meant to be, before it was rushed for release, and they had to release Sonic & Knuckles as "part 2".  With Sonic 3 + S&K, it plays straight through both games.

I don't remember the details on the minigame thing, since it's something like it's a random level based on whatever invalid cartridge you put in, and some game, Sonic 1 maybe, allows you to select any random level you want via a code or something (if I recall correctly).

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »
Heh, I have a good memory of a cheat code. I was at one of my friend's house, watching him play GTA: VC. He entered a code at the part where you get the "fastest speed boat" in the game. He entered a few cheat codes, including something like "Moon Gravity." The hting was, he was driving the boat with the Moon Gravity cheat on. He was riding around when a big wave flung him into the air. Unfortunately, there was a nearby bridge, and his boat landed on top of the bridge. He was stuck there, and had to start all over from before the boat thing. I was laughing the whole time.

As for my favorite cheat, it's more of a glitch. I really enjoy the Missingno. quirks in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow. Very interesting and mysterious, they are.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »
Oh, I thought of some more cheat codes/glitches I like:

Yeah, Mr.Melee, I like the Missingno infinite-items cheat, I used that a lot on Pokemon Red :P

I also like most Tony Hawk's Pro Skater cheats. Perfect balance and always-special, to be specific. Oh, and I always had fun changing my character to Spider-man and turning off gravity in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater x2. That allowed for some crazy Spidey fun :D

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »
The only Cheat that's craved into my brain forever is the Rayman super cheat.
FJSJ!C620P

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 05:54:36 PM »
Some cheats I can still remember.

NTGTHDGDCRTDTRK = THE ULTIMATE CHEAT CODE in Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. (it's "On the eighth day, God created Turok", only they misspelled "eighth")

Name your medium difficulty save record "_Wampa__Stompa", pause, highlight "Options", hold left on d-pad, hold all c-buttons, hold L and R, push analog stick 50% to the left, hold it for three seconds, then alternate to the right, and back, a few times = debug mode in Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.

And then some Game Genie codes, mainly stuff like D5E5-776D (how to get General Leo in Final Fantasy III (as in VI)), and EEB0-EFA4 (that would be a walk-through-walls code for Chrono Trigger).

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »
With Sonic 3, you can play Sonic 3 the way it was meant to be, before it was rushed for release, and they had to release Sonic & Knuckles as "part 2".

What? I highly doubt that a single game was supposed to have that many zones. And, could that even fit on one cartridge?

(Also, the minigame on the No Way! screen was just the blue ball Chaos Emerald-collecting thing, wasn't it?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 11:44:20 PM »
Yeah, think so, I heard something about there being over a million levels. *plays game* Hold on! I nned to get past level #4209! It's jsut like level 78, only this one has a diffrent cloud in the sky! It's Cirrus!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 12:36:41 AM »
From Wikipedia:

The "lock-on technology" was actually a way of making up for the fact that the developers of the Sega Technical Institute could not meet the deadline for Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Originally, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was to be released with Knuckles as a playable character, and with all the Sonic & Knuckles levels playable (the level select screen in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 features inaccessible Sonic & Knuckles levels and music for said levels can be played in the sound test). Time constraints forced them to split the project in two, releasing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 with the completed levels and continuing work on the uncompleted ones, plus adding the "Super Emeralds" extra bonus games, and the lock-on gimmick. Indeed Sonic the Hedgehog 2 had once run into similar problems, resulting in the original Hidden Palace and several other levels being removed.

P.S. - The ROM of S3&K is the same size as some other Genesis games.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »
I wish they would've made a way to play the entire Death Egg Saga as one game. That would've pwned.

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 01:30:53 AM »
definitly
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

Print