30-48, middle aged
1 (2.4%)
49 or over, old person
0 (0%)
I don't want to vote, I know something called privacy
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Print

Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 31522 times)

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2007, 10:08:37 PM »
The Mushroom Kingdom: Trust the Fungus in Jesus

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2007, 10:21:28 PM »
I'm going to start editing people's posts if I see God's name taken in vain. This is really getting old, and is the same as swearing, to me.  So please, stop it, guys. Saying "gosh" or "goodness" instead isn't that hard.

I'd appreciate if if you'd edit your posts before I do.

Sapphira, I was in no way trying to take God's name in vain. I am incredibly sorry that I said that. Please, please, please forgive me. Let me clear up everything by saying that I do not hate God in anyway and I love Him as much as you do. I am so, so sorry.

I even edited my old post for you. Again, I am very, very sorry.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:25:18 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 10:31:02 PM »
You know, one sorry is usually enough in a situation such as that, but, even though I'm not a big religion person, I do know a thing or two about the religion I was raised on.

Who should you REALLY apologize to? Sapphira, or someone else?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2007, 11:02:01 PM »
I was in no way attempting to antagonize Sapph in any way; if I came off looking like I was doing so, then I apologize. However, you can't just go editing other people's posts (or insisting that they do) because you feel something is wrong. I mean, if I were a mod, do you think I'd edit all the anti-Sony posts? No, because of something called "free speech".
every

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 11:21:52 PM »
That's a little different from idealistic beliefs, Glorb. :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »
However, you can't just go editing other people's posts (or insisting that they do) because you feel something is wrong.
I, er, think she can. Since she is. ;P
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 07:36:45 AM »
I still think that, as long as it's not an actual cuss word (the D, B, H [depending on context], S, F words, etc.), then we should allowed to say it. The only exception would be if someone absolutely had to say it, like, to prevent nuclear war or whatever.
every

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 03:26:33 PM »
You know, one sorry is usually enough in a situation such as that, but, even though I'm not a big religion person, I do know a thing or two about the religion I was raised on.

Who should you REALLY apologize to? Sapphira, or someone else?

I wasn't trying to take his name in vain at all. I was praising him to stop the cussing. Taking his name in vain is insulting him or telling him to darn something.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »
No, what you did was exactly taking it in vain. That's any time you're "pretending" to invoke God or swear by his name. Calling insults at him isn't taking it in vain.
That was a joke.

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2007, 06:27:19 PM »
If anything, God has forgiven me for doing so. I am sorry for anything I did to offend anybody.

Man, if I knew saying that would draw this much heat, I would have just kept my mouth shut.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:29:15 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:36 PM »
No, what you did was exactly taking it in vain. That's any time you're "pretending" to invoke God or swear by his name. Calling insults at him isn't taking it in vain.

Interesting...I go to a Catholic school, and my teachers and my principal do this all the time and basically say what PaperLuigi said.

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
I don't see why calling on the Lord to end the cussing is taking his name in vain. But that's just me, a lot of people have opinions on what you can and can't say.

From what I learned in Church, saying "My God" is not taking his name in vain. But the church is different from the forum.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:04:49 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2007, 07:38:22 PM »
Gah, too much religious discussion in here. If someone is getting offended by the use of the word "God", just use some other guy's name who is as equally awesome. Like Daniel Heiman or Chris Benoit.

Back on topic, I'm about a year shy of gaining the legal right to vote. Appropriately, it comes in an election year.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »
I had the opportunity to register a couple of weeks back, but I was like "meh".

(Yeah, I don't want to. Telling me I should won't persuade me otherwise.)

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2007, 09:52:48 PM »
Ugh, I don't really want to vote in the upcoming election anyway. I am very disapointed that my "right to vote" came at a time like this.

Print