Print

Author Topic: Most TV is crap  (Read 22762 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 12:52:16 AM »
I love TV! Veronica Mars was the best show ever, but it was recently canceled, :(. Seinfeld, Twilight Zone and Colbert Report, and for anime and cartoons DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Home Movies, Futurama, and Shinchan!!! TV is great! Although I hate cultural prostitution like reality TV(except Cops).
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 06:19:23 AM »
That's not going to go over well with the members who hate TV.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »
That reminds me...I'm gonna see FLCL when it comes back on TV.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »
My dad and I like to watch The Daily Show and sometimes The Colbert Report and Scrubs.  Other than that, really, we don't watch very much T.V. anymore.

I used to watch DB and DBZ all the time.  And I watched the older episodes of Pokemon when they were on Cartoon Network.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »
That reminds me...I'm gonna see FLCL when it comes back on TV.
You're going to have to see the episodes more than once to actually understand it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 06:34:59 PM »
Veronica Mars was the best show ever, but it was recently canceled, :(.

I love you. Will you marry me? I care not if you're male or female, you just made my year with that comment.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
Uh.............Mr. Wiggles...........

WHAT THE DUKAR?

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »
Sadly, PaperLuigi's humor (and, probably, his brain) is out of commission today, so I will be filling in.

lol.

Most Adult Swim shows are really good. Nobody can get bored of FLCL.
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 06:57:06 PM »
That...was uncalled for. Why did you say that?

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
Uh.............Mr. Wiggles...........

WHAT THE DUKAR?

Easy. Veronica Mars is (sorry was) probably the most underrated and underheard of show in the last 3 years. The writing? Great? The characters? Interesting. The plot? A little sensational, but always had lots of depth. Critics, loved it, it had a huge cult following, the entire show's survival was because its fanbase was there, they were active enough to organize rallies to continually renew the show. UPN was smart enough to keep it for their dying years, and they never gave up hope on it when it would continually get slaughtered by Lost on Wednesday nights.

Unfortunately, The CW didn't share the same mindset. They paired it up with Gilmore Girls, hoping their audiences would be one unified demograph that could keep both shows afloat. They requested more romance, and asked them to tone down on the complex mysteries, which ended up being three separate arcs that usually ended up taking second stage to Logan and Veronica's relationship. But that didn't stop the writers from producing a quality show. The 3rd season was epic, but The CW didn't think it was worth keeping around, so it was canned on a small cliffhanger, despite the fact that they considered a spin off series with Veronica as an FBI agent. They even had a pilot for it, but never even gave it a chance.

So yes, that's pretty much the reason I'm glad at least another person acknowledges its greatness.

Oh, and I also used exaggeration to make my point, but it may have flown over some's head.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »
No no, I got the joke.....it was just...disturbing.

That's why I'm pretty mad at Sunbun. I didn't laugh at the joke, so he calls me stupid.

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »
How was it disturbing?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
I liked Veronica Mars.  I thought it was a good show.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »
How was it disturbing?

"I care not if you're a guy or a girl, I'll marry you."

It's just my opinion. I don't think Mr. Wiggles is weird or anything.

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »
"I care not if you're a guy or a girl, I'll marry you." <--- Not disturbing. Just Mr. Wiggles being himself.

Print